The Hills Have Eyes (Arrow Video) Limited Edition Blu-ray (UK/USA)

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: October 3rd , 2016
UK
Purchase links:
Arrow Films - Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £17.99 (Arrow - Zavvi) - £14.99 (Amazon UK)
Notes: Limited to 5,000 in UK

USA
Release Date: October 11th , 2016
Purchase Links: Amazon USA
Price: $27.99
Notes:
Limited to 5,000 in USA

13418926_1216478805052778_3366332941097341368_n.jpg

THE LUCKY ONES DIED FIRST…

Horror master Wes Craven achieved critical and commercial success with the likes of Scream and A Nightmare on Elm Street – but for many genre fans, the director’s seminal 1977 effort The Hills Have Eyes remains his masterpiece.

Taking a detour whilst on route to Los Angeles, the Carter family run into trouble when their campervan breaks down in the middle of the desert. Stranded, the family find themselves at the mercy of a group of monstrous cannibals lurking in the surrounding hills. With their lives under threat, the Carters are forced to fight back by any means necessary.

As gruelling a viewing experience today as it was upon initial release, The Hills Have Eyes stands alongside the likes of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and Night of the Living Dead as one of the defining moments in American horror cinema.

LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS

• Brand new 4K restoration from original film elements, supervised by producer Peter Locke

• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation

• Original mono audio

• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing

• 6 x postcards

• Reversible fold-out poster featuring new and original artwork

• Limited edition booklet featuring new writing on the film by critic Brad Stevens and a consideration of the Hills franchise by Ewan Cant, illustrated with original archive stills

• Audio commentary with Wes Craven and Peter Locke

• Looking Back on The Hills Have Eyes – making-of documentary featuring interviews with Craven, Locke, actors Michael Berryman, Dee Wallace, Janus Blythe, Robert Houston, Susan Lanier and director of photography Eric Saarinen

• The Desert Sessions – brand new interview with composer Don Peake

• Alternate ending, in HD for the first time

• Trailers and TV Spots

• Image Gallery

• Original Screenplay (BD/DVD-ROM Content)

• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Paul Shipper

• + MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!

Last edited:
But one is region a orher b. I prefer to always get b over a if i can most times.
UK and USA releases are both the same
Discs are Region A/B in UK and USA

The only difference between UK and USA release is USA release don't have UK BBFC ratings on the packaging

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
UK and USA releases are both the same
Discs are Region A/B in UK and USA

The only difference between UK and USA release is USA release don't have UK BBFC ratings on the packaging

I never knew that so what discs are what when you say both are region a and b.
I did notice this with a few versions from arrow saying a and b but not all are like this right?
As hellraiser i just got says a where as uk edition is b.
I know its not a big deal to most either region a or b and i can still view both but i just do try and get region be if or when i can.
But if this is same as uk apart from bbfc then all good.

Has this been cheaper from amazon or has it been pretty much same price all along?
It does work out more than what it was from uk but cant compare with uk as no longer available.
But shipping price added makes it even more expensive.
I have a temporary out of stock item thats been on order for a little while now but said dispatch or be sent like today or tomorrow, no change yet to my order or i think charge to card but can you add an item to your order or do you have to cancel and reorder?
My worry is the ltd edition being heavy may damage the hills of eyes one. I know from experience amazon dont give a crap these days how then send stuff.
And what gets me my limited edition being a lot bigger and heavy is like $6 odd and hills of eyes is like $9 odd how does that work?
Makes no sense to me,combined not so bad of around $12 odd.
But the risk of hills of eyes being damaged in process.
I used to think zavvi was bad for shipping but i think zavvi are just going same way or if not worse.
Or it could be im just so far away and more prone to get more damage. But they certainly used to take pride in packing now its just get it out there.

Having collected arrow titles back when the kind or started i sort of had a collection going,but stopped but now wow they have so much stuff.
Some probaly still available and others a lot harder to get and ones probably mega rare or very expensive.
I sort of getting drawn into starting to get into arrow stuff again which i know be a bad move lol.
But i was wondering what titles that maybe hard to get now in uk are still available in usa which are same as uk with a and b region just like the hills of eyes you mention.
If you wish send me a pm im sure i seen your collection just the other day.

Having collected arrow titles back when the kind or started i sort of had a collection going,but stopped but now wow they have so much stuff.
Some probaly still available and others a lot harder to get and ones probably mega rare or very expensive.
I sort of getting drawn into starting to get into arrow stuff again which i know be a bad move lol.
But i was wondering what titles that maybe hard to get now in uk are still available in usa which are same as uk with a and b region just like the hills of eyes you mention.
If you wish send me a pm im sure i seen your collection just the other day.
I will send you a PM over the weekend as to what releases are still available and which releases are Region A or Region B only and releases that are Region Free

Reactions: bwatt99