Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 9th, 2015
Purchase link: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Price: £14.99

11164121-1454321549424574.jpg

11164121-1144321549430172.jpg

Yeah the cast is awesome, Martin is amazing as Arthur and Alan is awesome as Marvin, I love it, so happy they put Marvin on cover :)

Urgh....EVERY good film I want a Steelbook of gets **** artwork lately

Zavvi had the cheek to say in their "What is a Steelbook" page that they can flat out refuse a Steelbook if it had poor artwork which they've apparently done before yet this kind of stuff still gets through.

Why isn't the fantastic cast not on the front.

Reactions: Flloydo and BDDB
I think this artwork is amazing love front and back. Thank you zavvi giving us a film we love with my favourite character rocking the cover :)

Great news! I am not familiar with the TV series, but this film was a treat, I am a sucker for a good sci-fi comedy (and comedy mixed with different genres in general, that's why I love Edgar Wright's work - and now I see he made a cameo in this, as a "Deep Thought Technician" :joy:).

I recall it was a bit meta (courtesy of Marvin) and weird, really something special, I watched it on Netflix so I will gladly purchase this and watch it again! That cast is pretty awesome: Martin Freeman :watch:, Zooey Deschanel :drool:, Sam Rockwell :cool:, John Malkovich :pompus:, Bill Nighy :cigar:, Alan Rickman's voice CHUCKED, etc.

It's the type of film that's destined to bomb at the box-office because sci-fi is generally expensive, but most of the public doesn't seem to like comedy mixed with what looks like big-budget blockbuster, and that's sad (but things are looking up - I was delighted with Guardians of the Galaxy's success, which proves blending these two genres can produce box-office hits too).

It's a good day for sci-fi comedy aficionados, between this steelbook and Amazon greenlighting a Galaxy Quest TV series :vulcan: (Galaxy Quest could make for a fine steelbook too - once again, the great Alan Rickman and Sam Rockwell are involved :)). On that subject, I recently saw Yahoo's original series Other Space and it was pretty cool (no budget at all, but its a sci-fi comedy and a fun one).

Great news! I am not familiar with the TV series, but this film was a treat, I am a sucker for a good sci-fi comedy (and comedy mixed with different genres in general, that's why I love Edgar Wright's work - and now I see he made a cameo in this, as a "Deep Thought Technician" :joy:).

I recall it was a bit meta (courtesy of Marvin) and weird, really something special, I watched it on Netflix so I will gladly purchase this and watch it again! That cast is pretty awesome: Martin Freeman :watch:, Zooey Deschanel :drool:, Sam Rockwell :cool:, John Malkovich :pompus:, Bill Nighy :cigar:, Alan Rickman's voice CHUCKED, etc.

It's the type of film that's destined to bomb at the box-office because sci-fi is generally expensive, but most of the public doesn't seem to like comedy mixed with what looks like big-budget blockbuster, and that's sad (but things are looking up - I was delighted with Guardians of the Galaxy's success, which proves blending these two genres can produce box-office hits too).

It's a good day for sci-fi comedy aficionados, between this steelbook and Amazon greenlighting a Galaxy Quest TV series :vulcan: (Galaxy Quest could make for a fine steelbook too - once again, the great Alan Rickman and Sam Rockwell are involved :)). On that subject, I recently saw Yahoo's original series Other Space and it was pretty cool (no budget at all, but its a sci-fi comedy and a fun one).

OMG Galaxy Quest would also be awesome.

Although I can't believe you haven't seen the original tv series, I would also check out the audiobooks.

Also take a look at

And Another Thing ...: Douglas Adams' Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy: Part Six of Three

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: C.C. 95 and Bunk

Galaxy Quest Steelbook? YES PLEASE...

05v2.jpg

Urgh....EVERY good film I want a Steelbook of gets **** artwork lately

Zavvi had the cheek to say in their "What is a Steelbook" page that they can flat out refuse a Steelbook if it had poor artwork which they've apparently done before yet this kind of stuff still gets through.

Why isn't the fantastic cast not on the front.
Sorry but if it wasn't soley Marvin on the front I wouldn't buy it, that's the only reason I'm buying this as I already own it. The art is coooool [emoji41] certainly wouldn't get this if they put Freeman on the front, his personal politics have greatly put me off him as an actor.

If this turns out to be gloss this will look stunning [emoji41] [emoji7]

I love the artwork! I'm a big fan of steels being minimalistic and not cluttered with cast and writing. Now to tell my wife I'm breaking my 'no more steels for a while' pledge. Helmet and safety gear: check!

Ooo love the art. If it is solid white and glossy then it will be very sleek.
I can't remember if I like the movie though haha! I watched it in school 10 years ago and just can't remember it.
Having looked it up again I see that Zooey Deshanel is in it, I love her. I think I will pre order.

Reactions: Flash
Now we're talking! Sure, not a big fan of that cover, but I don't care, just give me this damn movie! I haven't been this excited for a catalog release in a long while.

Reactions: Flash