The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: Extended Edition (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
HDN Group Buy - Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

91OWcaXuHrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I definitely prefer this cover to the original cut with the dragon.The matte finish and resolution was very poor to that one.I am also not a fan of having your main design in a microscopic size so this is a wonderful improvement overall.It will not stay a jumbo though...I will replace this spine with the first release and basically keep the extended cut discs.I know it will not have the "extended edition" spine but I will not need it to remind me since it will be on the front cover.

Anyone noticed that the 3D extended discs are a 15 but the extended 2D is a 12 and then the 2 bonus discs are a 15!

Anyone know why the extended 2D is a 12 and not a 15 like the 3D?
@paulboland you might know?

Anyone noticed that the 3D extended discs are a 15 but the extended 2D is a 12 and then the 2 bonus discs are a 15!

Anyone know why the extended 2D is a 12 and not a 15 like the 3D?
@paulboland you might know?

I don't know if this helps but says online

"...The film was cut in the US for a PG-13 rating. The same cut version was rated 12A/12 for UK release. The cuts were restored in the subsequent R rated Extended Version which rated 15 for UK release..."

I don't know if this helps but says online

"...The film was cut in the US for a PG-13 rating. The same cut version was rated 12A/12 for UK release. The cuts were restored in the subsequent R rated Extended Version which rated 15 for UK release..."

Yeah but on the discs it's only the 3D extended that have a 15 rating
The normal 2D extended has a rating of 12 on the disc.
So I'm a little confused why the 3D and the extra discs are 15 and the 2D isn't

Yeah but on the discs it's only the 3D extended that have a 15 rating
The normal 2D extended has a rating of 12 on the disc.
So I'm a little confused why the 3D and the extra discs are 15 and the 2D isn't

Are they the same running time?

2d main film 2:44:02
3d main film r rated with amercian ratings on screen
disc 1 disc2 total
1:30:54 1:13:12 2:44:06

hmm strange one lost 4 secs lol

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
disc 1 disc2 total

That is strange.
Wonder if that 4 seconds we loose on the 2D is 4 seconds of 15 rated material!?

disc 1 disc2 total

It was obviously a controversial 4 seconds lol

Not seen this one in 3D yet but the others have looked pretty awesome even on just a home 3D tv. I've watched quite a few 3D films at home and these are really stunning.

My UV code doesn't work with my copy. Bought from Entertainment Store.

It hasn't been used, I'm getting the error "We do not recognize that code"

I've contacted them through Rakuten for a working code but for anyone else who has bought from there you might want to check your code is valid (you don't need to redeem it when entering the code at myuv.com

My UV code doesn't work with my copy. Bought from Entertainment Store.

It hasn't been used, I'm getting the error "We do not recognize that code"

I've contacted them through Rakuten for a working code but for anyone else who has bought from there you might want to check your code is valid (you don't need to redeem it when entering the code at myuv.com

Cheers for that. I didn't realise you don't have to redeem it when entering.

I also got it from there and have you (or anyone who ordered from Rakuten - entertainment store) recieved there points yet? When I ordered it was like 25x or something. I've not got mine yet

Cheers for that. I didn't realise you don't have to redeem it when entering.

I also got it from there and have you (or anyone who ordered from Rakuten - entertainment store) recieved there points yet? When I ordered it was like 25x or something. I've not got mine yet

go here https://www.myuv.com/en/gb/redeem

Then once you enter the code click enter and don't confirm or sign up anything else. By clicking enter on the link above it'll either light up green confirming your code or give you a red error message like I had.