The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies: Extended Edition (3D+2D Blu-ray Jumbo SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 23rd, 2015
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Zavvi.com
Price: £21.99
HDN Group Buy - Hosted by Naughtius Maximus

91OWcaXuHrL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting the same message for the UV code. Will Entertainment Store replace it?

Goto Rakuten - Orders and send a message with your order for Hobbit and let them know your code doesn't work. I've only had an acknowledgement (automated) so if I hear anything I'll post, in the meantime it could be that these haven't been activated if multiple are having this problem?

• Helpful Post
Reactions: gbdragon
now the question is flloydo can you work what those 4 secs are :rofl::rofl::rofl:

basil :thumbs:

I just read that its was apparently rated 15/ R because of roughly 15 mins of extra battle scenes that are much more violent that previous lotr / hobbit films and much more bloody.
But that don't explain why it's 4 seconds less than the 3D running time and why the 2D disc is rated 12

Anyone noticed that the 3D extended discs are a 15 but the extended 2D is a 12 and then the 2 bonus discs are a 15!

Anyone know why the extended 2D is a 12 and not a 15 like the 3D?

I've checked the BBFC site for this release but the information provided there muddies the waters even further.

According to their site, all versions submitted were passed uncut and both 2D and 3D versions of the extended cut were given a rating of 15 on the 9th November, 2015.

Note, however, the different times shown for the versions submitted for classification.

3D extended: 164m 04s (2h 44m 04s)
2D extended: 157m 15s (2h 37m 15s)

According to this, there is a difference of just under 7 mins between the two versions submitted!

I'm unable to explain it but for those wishing to investigate further, here's a link to the relevant page of the BBFC site. Go to the section headed 'Related Work' and click on 'Feature'.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hobbit-battle-five-armies-2014

Reactions: Flloydo
I've checked the BBFC site for this release but the information provided there muddies the waters even further.

According to their site, all versions submitted were passed uncut and both 2D and 3D versions of the extended cut were given a rating of 15 on the 9th November, 2015.

Note, however, the different times shown for the versions submitted for classification.

3D extended: 164m 04s (2h 44m 04s)
2D extended: 157m 15s (2h 37m 15s)

According to this, there is a difference of just under 7 mins between the two versions submitted!

I'm unable to explain it but for those wishing to investigate further, here's a link to the relevant page of the BBFC site. Go to the section headed 'Related Work' and click on 'Feature'.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/hobbit-battle-five-armies-2014

Cheers, I checked the run time of the 2D last night and it's definatley 2 hours 44 mins and 2 seconds (164m)
But on the bbfc site they have the 2D for 157 mins and 15 seconds so I'm lost. They have the times wrong and we seem to have a wrong disc with a 12 rating on instead of a 15.

It is possible they were giving a timing for 2D of DVD, which with PAL speed up will be off from a bluray runtime

Possibly, still don't explain why the blu Ray extended is a 12 and not a 15 unless it's an error

I've had a reply from Entertainment Store this afternoon. They have offered a replacement or refund once I've returned the steelbook.

Have you tried the code again to see if it's still invalid mate?

What you going to do replace or refund? Just wondering if it's an issue with this release all round.

What you going to do replace or refund? Just wondering if it's an issue with this release all round.

I tried the code earlier this evening with the same message. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and if it doesn't work I'm going to ask for a replacement, failing that if the code doesn't work again I'll get a refund and buy from Amazon. It's a bit of a pain but I expect to get what I pay for.

Watched this last night and couldn't work out why it was rated 15 (even though the disc says 12)

A bit of blood but a 15 is bit strange

Just got my from Amazon today, code isn't working either.

I just got my code to work by redeeming it a little bit differently.

goto www.warnerbros.co.uk/redeem

Enter the code and it should now be working. This is the first of many where I've redeemed a code this way but it's now added to my Flixter collection.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: gbdragon
Just a heads up to anyone who pre ordered this from entertainment store Rakuten the other week when they had all the deals going on to get x25 points should have roughly 500-525 (or more depending on if you also used a discount code) in their account today and they expire tonight at 11.59pm (uk time)

That's over £5 in points which is a pretty good deal