The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies - In theaters December 17, 2014

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
From IMDB:
With Martin Freeman, Ian McKelen, Cate Blanchett, Hugo Weaving and much much more...

Trailer:

20110601_the_hobbit.jpg hobbittitle.jpg The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg

Attachments

• The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg
    The_Hobbit_The_Battle_of_the_Five_Armies_Poster.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 11,139
Last edited:
Even if we're far from release, here's the first image that bring us an old friend back:
hobbit-3rd-film.jpg

No... he's not in the original book, but he's the son of one of the Elves king which is in the book... Elves are immortals...so... makes sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to awaken this thread! :LOL:

This video was released December of last year (really surprised no one posted it :wtf:) SPOILERS!

Peter Jackson & The Hobbit cast on There & Back Again

Peter Jackson is putting together one of the first cuts of his final Hobbit film. :(

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2014/03/31/era-hobbit-draws-close

The end is nigh for Peter Jackson and his hobbits, dwarves and elves.

After 13 years, multiple Oscars and billions in box office takings, the Kiwi filmmaker will screen an early cut of The Hobbit: There and Back Again to Warner Bros executives next week in New Zealand.

The film, scheduled for release in December, is the sixth and final movie based on author JRR Tolkien's fantasy books.

"We are done with filming and they have a bit of motion capture left to do and I have a lot of post-production voice synching," one of the stars of The Hobbit trilogy, English actor Richard Armitage, told AAP on Thursday.

Warner Bros showed a sneak peek of The Hobbit: There and Back Again at the CinemaCon convention in Las Vegas.

Jackson's first foray into Tolkien's Middle Earth came with 2001's Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and Armitage said it was an emotional time as the director's six-film marathon comes to an end.

"I think there is going to be a huge amount of sorrow and nostalgia going on in Peter Jackson's mind because he has lived in Middle Earth for what, 13 years," Armitage, who plays the dwarf king, Thorin, said.

"There's a sense of nostalgia."

:movie:

Reactions: Drum18
Complete post from his FB:
Our journey to make The Hobbit Trilogy has been in some ways like Bilbo's own, with hidden paths revealing their secrets to us as we've gone along. “There and Back Again” felt like the right name for the second of a two film telling of the quest to reclaim Erebor, when Bilbo’s arrival there, and departure, were both contained within the second film. But with three movies, it suddenly felt misplaced—after all, Bilbo has already arrived “there” in the "Desolation of Smaug".

When we did the premiere trip late last year, I had a quiet conversation with the studio about the idea of revisiting the title. We decided to keep an open mind until a cut of the film was ready to look at. We reached that point last week, and after viewing the movie, we all agreed there is now one title that feels completely appropriate.

And so: "The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies" it is.

As Professor Tolkien intended, “There and Back Again” encompasses Bilbo’s entire adventure, so don’t be surprised if you see it used on a future box-set of all three movies.

Before then however, we have a film to finish, and much to share with you. It’s been a nice quiet time for us—Jabez and I happily editing away in a dark cave in Wellington—but those halcyon days are quickly coming to an end. It will soon be time to step into the light. Expect to see and hear much about The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in the coming months.

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Reveals Official Logo!

Hobbit-Bot5A.jpg

Although it's only a slight change from the title treatments we've seen for both An Unexpected Journey and The Desolation of Smaug, fans of Peter Jackson's Middle-Earth films should nonetheless be pleased to see the above unveiling of the logo for the recently retitled The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies.

:movie:

I hope we get a 1st trailer soon! :thumbs:

Reactions: Drum18
LOL! :hilarious: I absolutely loved Desolation, The Hobbit films are awesome! :scat: A bit sad its coming to an end! :( Now what will Peter Jackson do next!? :wtf:

Why did you like it Frankie?
It did not pick up from where the first one left off till halfway through the movie. I think they definatly added more filler just to make 3 movies.

Why did you like it Frankie?
It did not pick up from where the first one left off till halfway through the movie. I think they definatly added more filler just to make 3 movies.

LOL! :p

I understand what you're saying, still enjoyed the hell out of it! You've seen my LOTR/Hobbit Collection! https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/47831/ :scat: I love all these movies! :LOL: They're pure entertainment! :movie:

I agree, The Hobbit would of been great as the original planned '2 films'. But it is what it is, and I don't mind! Cant wait till December! :oohyeah: