The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Info from another forum: 2D and 3D discs are different

2D: ENG/FRE(DTS HD MA 7.1) /ITA(DD5.1) and subs (NED too), EU disc
3D: ENG(DTS HD MA 7.1) /FRE/POR(DD5.1) and subs (LATIN-SPA and CHI-MAND too), USA disc

Last edited:
Reactions: Sargast
I hope we'll see soon the interior & back artworks... Because for now, i prefer the artwork of the french and canadian releases (with Smaug).

take a look in the previous page to see the back artwork; btw this jumbo has no inside artwork, just like the An unexpected journey EE jumbo ;)

Plus with Zavvi, even when you request a refund/replacement you still have to go through 72 hours of bull**** "we're really sorry, how about a 10% discount?" Er, no, £2.50 does not cover the fact that THE FRONT IS HANGING OFF THE DAMN STEELBOOK. It's going back for a refund and I'm buying from Amazon. They'll box it properly and I can pick it up from my Amazon locker the next day. :angry:

Plus with Zavvi, even when you request a refund/replacement you still have to go through 72 hours of bull**** "we're really sorry, how about a 10% discount?" Er, no, £2.50 does not cover the fact that THE FRONT IS HANGING OFF THE DAMN STEELBOOK. It's going back for a refund and I'm buying from Amazon. They'll box it properly and I can pick it up from my Amazon locker the next day. :angry:
Zavvi have offered me 20% discount for the damage to mine even though I told them I want a refund.
I'm going to buy from ES where it's cheaper and the packaging has always been excellent.

If i remember correctly the first one was £19.99 in HMV when it first came out. I reckon this will be that price too. I will just pick myself a cherry copy on monday.

Serious question:

Why would anyone keep their Zavvi order when Amazon is the same price and Play is cheaper?

Where I live, play.com doesn't deliver and Amazon adds 4+ GBP os postage. That's why. But if it arrives damaged, I'll stop looking at the postal charges because the 4 GBP are well worth if it means no damages to the shipment...

Zavvi have offered me 20% discount for the damage to mine even though I told them I want a refund.
I'm going to buy from ES where it's cheaper and the packaging has always been excellent.

All you have to do next time is reply for 20% Zavvi discount offer and and told them you can only accept refund or flawless replacement :thumbs: works every time :thumbs:

recieved mine from ES today, complete with spine slash and same scratch on Smaug's nose as shown previously, admittedly you cannot see that until you remove the J-card
SMAUG SCRATCH.JPG
SMAUG SPINE.JPG

BD Info for audio and sub's on each disk:

3D Disk:
AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
DTS-HD Master Audio English 0 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio French 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Portuguese 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Japanese 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics Japanese 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics English 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Chinese 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Chinese 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Korean 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Portuguese 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Thai 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Portuguese 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Japanese 0.000 kbps

2D Disk:
AUDIO:

DTS-HD Master Audio English 0 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio French 0 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 16-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 16-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio Italian 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio English 192 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 192 kbps / DN -4dB / Dolby Surround

SUBTITLES:

Presentation Graphics English 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Dutch 0.000 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 0.000 kbps