The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug - Extended Edition (3D +2D Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

morfeusz

Premium Supporter
Jun 23, 2013
Colnbrook UK
Release date: November 3rd, 2014
Buy link:
Amazon UK £24.99
Zavvi.com £24.99
Play.com £21.99
WowHD £28.99
Base £24.99

01.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The release date is closing fast. I honestly can't decide between Amazon and Zavvi (others don't deliver to Slovenia). With postage included, Zavvi is cca 9€ cheaper, but Amazon uses better packaging. To pay 9€ more and increase my odds of getting it in good condition, or not. Hmmm.....

Reactions: Ezcompane
The release date is closing fast. I honestly can't decide between Amazon and Zavvi (others don't deliver to Slovenia). With postage included, Zavvi is cca 9€ cheaper, but Amazon uses better packaging. To pay 9€ more and increase my odds of getting it in good condition, or not. Hmmm.....

or stuff this version get the futureshop version one on the group buy and have the nicest version out there, but i would say that cos its the one i'm getting :woot:

https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...umbo-steelbook-future-shop-excl-canada.54970/

basil :thumbs:

Can anyone tell me if these one will have the same subs as the The Hobbit an unexpected journey extended edition steelbook?
It would like to know if these steel will also have dutch subs

Why is it always such a mystery before you can find out what kind of subs a steelbook will have?
On the internet you can find dozens of pictures of Star Wars VII, the trailer of Avengers 2 is already on internet before Disney/Marvel wants to release it, but it seems that when it comes to the manufacturing of steelbooks nobody can tell anything about it, before it is released.

The art works for steelbooks takes months/weeks to be announced , and then you almost have to wait until release day before you know what kind of audio tracks a steelbook has.

The manufacturing of steelbooks must be in control by Keyser Söze, because nobody leakes pictures or can give info about the audio quality of subs

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist

very surprised that the price on Amazon UKhas stayed the same for so long, thought it would have dropped to about £20-ish by now or at least reduced from the £27 price tag currently

very surprised that the price on Amazon UKhas stayed the same for so long, thought it would have dropped to about £20-ish by now or at least reduced from the £27 price tag currently
I've cancelled my Amazon order now, and WowHD. Keeping the Play one. Should start getting charged in the next few days, time to trim the dupe orders!

I am shocked that there was a listing for the extended of the two towers for November, and although the listing still exists it now has no release date. I think it's counter productive to keep LOTR extended steels SOOO apart in time. Because if they want to release it on the same date as theatrical of BOTFA then when would they release the extended steely of ROTK??? With a mega pack of all extendeds of both Hobbit and LOTR??

I'll probably get the Zavvi one but i'll wait until pay day next week as I simply don't trust Zavvi to release stuff on the right date. It's not one that's going to sell out so I can afford to wait. Having said that, what is the general opinion on the best steelbook version of this to get.

Guys be careful with play.com site as they have two versions of the hobbit extended edition one for 21.99 and one for 26.99. The one for 26.99 is region free, so i assume the one for 21.99, is not region free.

Guys be careful with play.com site as they have two versions of the hobbit extended edition one for 21.99 and one for 26.99. The one for 26.99 is region free, so i assume the one for 21.99, is not region free.

Nothing to do with regions mate, it's just different merchants. One is 'The Entertainment Store', the other is Base.com

I think it's because they are from two different sellers. The £21.99 one is sold by Entertainment Store through Play and the £26.99 one is sold by Base.com through Play. As far as I'm aware, Warner Bros releases are region free 99% of the time.