Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: April 22, 2015
Purchase link: Amazon FR
Price: €49.99

81zOSzOmTIL._SL1500_.jpg

61ZB208sjIL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine arrived first thing this morning!! Very pleased I bought this one, it looks great:

Although I've found that there are a couple of little design flaws with it. The first one is the screws holding the display onto the front of the box are sitting slightly proud of the box itself and aren't covered. This has caused scuffing on the box of cards (very similar to the old Korean dvd
release of Oldboy with the metal case!!)

The second flaw is the cardboard inlay wasn't strong enough and has crumpled in transit. These are very minor things though......it's definately worth it! (More pics in my Tolkien award!! ;))

I have also received mine. Great edition, a must have for Tolkien collectors. Not sure how the sales figures are but I highly recommend getting it before it's too late.

Mine arrived first thing this morning!! Very pleased I bought this one, it looks great:

Although I've found that there are a couple of little design flaws with it. The first one is the screws holding the display onto the front of the box are sitting slightly proud of the box itself and aren't covered. This has caused scuffing on the box of cards (very similar to the old Korean dvd
release of Oldboy with the metal case!!)

The second flaw is the cardboard inlay wasn't strong enough and has crumpled in transit. These are very minor things though......it's definately worth it! (More pics in my Tolkien award!! ;))
Thanks for the pics, it's a nice set but it's a shame that they didn't sort out these issues. I saw another boxset where the inner cardboard was damaged. At this price you would think they would have used a thicker material on the inside.

Reactions: cowbuster
This has dropped way down to €47.30!!!

@bloodsnake007
Is that direct from amazon as i ordered mine a few days back for 60 euro i pay less as no vat. But if its this price would have been even less.
I did see in an email or link i clicked on saying it was like 53 euro or something i asked them to part refund the difference said to return mine lol.
Its only just left france.
Annoying i was thinking it could be cheaper black friday but thought it may sell out before then. As the price i got it at was lowest its been.
But being lower again is a right kick in the teeth.

Reactions: elle82
Is that direct from amazon as i ordered mine a few days back for 60 euro i pay less as no vat. But if its this price would have been even less.
I did see in an email or link i clicked on saying it was like 53 euro or something i asked them to part refund the difference said to return mine lol.
Its only just left france.
Annoying i was thinking it could be cheaper black friday but thought it may sell out before then. As the price i got it at was lowest its been.
But being lower again is a right kick in the teeth.
Yes its straight from amazon. even for the price u paid u got a good deal. i bought this earlier in the year for more and was so happy when it arrived. trust me u wont be dissapointed.