The Human Centipede Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: December 30th, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order Saturday December 10th 6PM UK time)
Price: £17.99

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Jose Miguel and MGD
I don't know what to say to this. watched the third last year and the comedy element was just horrendous. only seen them all once but part 2 is my 'favourite'. In the sense of hating it the least.
At this point Sharknado 2-4 wouldnt even surprise me from ZavvI.

Director Tom Six.

So named as he was the sixth member of a centipede chain himself who ended up gobbling up all the sh1t from the rest and ended up spouting out this crap......

Well, we've had a very, very cool steelbook for the first sequence (with a t-shirt) and a pretty standard steelbook for sequences 1 & 2 combined so I suppose a steelbook for the trilogy is fitting:-
upload_2016-12-8_21-20-52.png
55272_large.jpg

Don't know how easy it is nowadays to pick up the brilliant original steelbook but the later release containing both sequences is dirt cheap atm.

Both films fully deserving of their place in horror film history IMO as unlike most modern easily forgettable horrors these make an impression (be it good or bad) and guaranteed not to be forgotten unlike another upcoming bit of Eureka fluff THE ENTITY for example.
.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

For anyone interested in the Special Features for Sequences One & Two or a bit about both parts there's this:-
"Since its release, The Human Centipede (First Sequence) has become a worldwide cultural phenomenon. Inspired by a conversation over what punishment would be appropriate for convicted pedophiles, Tom Six's bizarre biological horror film has the distinction of being 100% medically accurate. The film went on to win more than 10 international awards including the awards for "Best Horror Film" and "Best Actor" at Fantastic Fest 2009, "Best Picture" at the 2009 Scream Fest and "Most Memorable Mutilation" at the 2010 Scream Awards.

The highly anticipated follow up, The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence) premiered in 2011 as the opening film at Fantastic Fest in Austin, Texas and made instant worldwide headlines when the BBFC banned the film outright in the UK claiming the film could potentially harm viewers. The controversy led to worldwide debates and major articles across the world press. After nearly four months of detailed discussion and debate, an agreement with the BBFC was reached and a viable cut of the film that did not compromise the level of horror, was released theatrically and on DVD and Blu-ray in the UK.

Note: All Monster Pictures releases are distributed by Eureka Entertainment.

Special Features:

The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
  • Full length commentary with director Tom Six
  • Q&A with director Tom Six and actor Dieter Laser
  • Two interviews with director Tom Six
  • Original theatrical trailer
  • Behind the scenes
  • Foley session
  • Casting session
  • Deleted scene
The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence)
  • DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround sound
  • Interview with director Tom Six
  • Behind the scenes
  • Foley session
  • Deleted scene
  • EXCLUSIVE Martin Speaks An Interview with Laurence R. Harvey & Tom Six filmed at UK Premiere of The Human Centipede 2
  • EXCLUSIVE Cast Interview, filmed at UK Premiere
  • EXCLUSIVE Special Edition launch trailer
  • EXCLUSIVE 2011 Teaser Trailer"
............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
No knowledge of the Special Features on the third and Final Sequence as I've yet to pick up the Amaray but I believe it has:
- an alternative ending
- a 25 minute making-of documentary
. . . and I don't know what else.
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
RE: BBFC:-
FIRST SEQUENCE (passed uncut) http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/human-centipede-first-sequence-film
FULL SEQUENCE (rejected with reasons for rejection) http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/human-centipede-2-full-sequence
FULL SEQUENCE (passed uncut) http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/human-centipede-2-full-sequence-2011
FINAL SEQUENCE (passed uncut) http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/human-centipede-iii-final-sequence-film ALTERNATIVE ENDING http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/human-centipede-iii-final-sequence-alternate-ending-video

Reactions: lgans316
580x384-steelbook-11377213-040054.jpg

THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE
THE COMPLETE SEQUENCE STEELBOOOK

The Human Centipede I, II & III - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook

Includes All 3 Films on Blu-ray, plus a special bonus DVD disc featuring the Human Centipede 2 in FULL COLOUR, exclusive to this Steelbook!

Limited to just 1000 copies! Act Fast!

I take it the second movie will still be cut, and the colour version also?

this is from the BBFC site, eureka only gave them the previously cut version for the rating, and according to this info, also the colour version will be cut.

Title
THE HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2 (FULL SEQUENCE)
Year
Distributor(s)
Eureka Entertainment Ltd
Classified date(s)
04/08/2016
Main language
English
Submitted run time
84m 16s
BBFC reference
DVV278459
Remarks
Colour version.Pre-cut by company, prior to submission, in line with previous UK versions

• Thanks
Reactions: navydavey
Not going down the road of which films are deserving of the steelbook treatment because it's totally subjective and there may be as many fans / haters of "The Human Centipede" as there are for other examples of shock cinema such as "Hostel", the 7 "Saw" films or even for "Nekromantik" and "Eraserhead" . . . and not forgetting the examples of extreme cinema from Japan, Korea, Australia and Europe etc.

With a reported 1,000 print run it's clear this steelbook is not aimed at a mass market and IMO it's a winning combination to have all three films together in a steelbook when I imagine it's quite difficult nowadays to get hold of the v. nice steelbook for the first film at a reasonable price especially considering how an unspecified amount of stock of said steelbook, along with the original "Metropolis" steelbook, were destroyed in the London riots.
Of course there is the combo steelbook with he first film included with the second but not a fan of that particular steelbook.

Personally speaking got nothing bad to say about this release and I welcome anything and everything in steelbooks from "shock cinema" classics such as "Centipede","Hostel" and "Saw" to Disney animated and "The Muppets" or "Space Jam" . . . and can see no reason why just because "X" gets a release "Y" won't.

Reactions: severo
Eureka are similar to the likes of Arrow Video/Second Sight/Scream Factory for releasing non mainstream films most are cult films and B Movies
Eureka go even further into range of films some are silent or B/W films but a good few of them have been highly rated films by fans and film directors

To understand Eureka look at the Master of Cinema and Eureka Classics range of films I'm sure lot of members would not have seen some of these films or would have not considered most of them for a steelbook release with a few exceptions that are regarded mainstream or very highly regarded classics

It's good to see the distributors like Eureka/Arrow Video /Second Sight do steelbooks releases

You will see films you like getting a steelbook release or you not like you decide to purchase or not
It wont affect you if you don't like a release as you most likely wont purchase and some will like and purchase
Without these cult film distributors lot of films would not see any release at all so any steelbook release is welcomed by me

Reactions: psychoscot
The only place it says limited to 1000 is in the email. If you go to the site and order it says nothing about it. I don't believe the email one bit.