The French Touch
Premium Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
Paris, France
Release date: September 3rd, 2012
Price : £18.00
No inside art
Purchase link: hmv.com
An update from HMV on Facebook: Rated 15 and all info and age ratings printed on J-card!

LGB94913H.JPG

Actual pictures: (Tx to Hubmuswell)
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Video presentation: (Tx to dvdjunkie)

Last edited by a moderator:
You really do need to laugh at just how desperate Zavvi are becoming with regards to these ZBOXs, trying to cash in on Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 SteelBook just to shift their junk!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Is this not the third SteelBook to be attached to this particular ZBOX?

People really hate Zavvi, Everyone is moaning that they're claiming this is an exclusive even though it can be bought at HMV yet no one said anything when HMV claimed that "the nightcrawler" was a exclusive when it was available on play.com

People really hate Zavvi, Everyone is moaning that they're claiming this is an exclusive even though it can be bought at HMV yet no one said anything when HMV claimed that "the nightcrawler" was a exclusive when it was available on play.com

The exclusivity for HMV ran out ages ago on 'Hunger Games' and the steel for 'Catching Fire' so that's why Zavvi have been selling these for a while now.

I think they got away with the Nightcrawler 'HMV exclusive' because the steel was being sold on Play through the publishers store. It wouldn't be classed as a play exclusive as Play.com is just a marketplace now. Saying that though I think it was listed an eOne exclusive before HMV came into it.

Reactions: Kashby
The exclusivity for HMV ran out ages ago on 'Hunger Games' and the steel for 'Catching Fire' so that's why Zavvi have been selling these for a while now.

I think they got away with the Nightcrawler 'HMV exclusive' because the steel was being sold on Play through the publishers store. It wouldn't be classed as a play exclusive as Play.com is just a marketplace now. Saying that though I think it was listed an eOne exclusive before HMV came into it.

Hunger Games the first film was an HMV exclusive until the exclusive deal expired (Majority of exclusives with a retailer have an expire date but most get sold out before that happens so there is usually not any stock left for an exclusive to become available to another retailer)
That's why the Hunger Games HMV release was offered to Zavvi as there was a lot of unsold stock still available

The Hunger Games Steelbook (expired HMV exclusive) has been available to purchase from Zavvi from May 2014 its no longer an exclusive its an trade wide release since May 2014

Hunger Games Catching Fire Steelbook was never an HMV exclusive that has always been a trade wide release available from all retailers

Last edited:
Reactions: jitstark
View attachment 146425 Also, when did it become a Zavvi Exclusive? I can still pick it up in my local Xtra-vision for €16
The Hunger Games is not an exclusive to Zavvi the Retro Zbox is so the bundle makes it an exclusive

The Hunger Games (HMV exclusive Steelbook) has been available to purchase since May 2014 from Zavvi as its no longer an exclusive to HMV
I purchased the Hunger Games Steelbook from Zavvi in May 2014
Its listed by Zavvi as Hunger Games Steelbook limited edition (It does not have exclusive in the listing)

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-hunger-games-limited-edition-steelbook/10959045.html
They must be desperate to shift these Zbox Packages to sell both

The Hunger Games Steelbook has been available from Zavvi since May 2014 and they did not even manage to sell out
The Print run of this Steelbook must have been huge

Last edited:
The Hunger Games is not an exclusive to Zavvi the Retro Zbox is so the bundle makes it an exclusive

The Hunger Games (HMV exclusive Steelbook) has been available to purchase since May 2014 from Zavvi as its no longer an exclusive to HMV
I purchased the Hunger Games Steelbook from Zavvi in May 2014
Its listed by Zavvi as Hunger Games Steelbook limited edition (It does not have exclusive in the listing)
But it says 'zavvi exclusive-limited edition steelbook' in the picture I posted above???

That was the description in the email Zavvi sent me this morning.

But it says 'zavvi exclusive-limited edition steelbook' in the picture I posted above???

That was the description in the email Zavvi sent me this morning.
Go to the Link it says Hunger Games Steelbook limited edition

The Retro Zbox is exclusive so the bundle is correct in saying its exclusive to Zavvi
Its a bit misleading yes but still correct saying its exclusive as a bundle
The Steebook its been available to purchase since may 2014 from Zavvi and they cant even shift the stock the print run must have been huge that HMV and Zavvi cant even sell out

Last edited:
I think we're getting bogged down with all of these exchanges as to which edition of which film is a retailer exclusive.

The real issue here, as pointed out by @BluSteel2012 , is that Zavvi has upped its retail price of the first film, "The Hunger Games", to £39.99, unless you buy it with the Z-box, in which case you only pay £15!

There's something very shady about this. I know that items sold on the secondary market, such as eBay, can legally fetch whatever is the going rate but I was under the impression that a UK retailer could not exceed the manufacturer's recommended retail price. I may be wrong but even if Zavvi is acting within the law, it is most certainly morally in the wrong.

Reactions: BluSteel2012