The Hunger Games: Catching Fire (Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

thedefector

Premium Supporter
Apr 5, 2012
UK
Second instalment of the franchise to be released in the Triple Play format (Blu-ray, DVD and UV Copy)

Release Date: March 17th, 2014
Purchase Price: £21.00
Purchase Links:
Amazon.co.uk
Zavvi

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL500_.jpg

81dw6s%2B-4NL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• 71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    71BJ9whqocL._SL1121_.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited by a moderator:
How does the preordering work for steelbooks in HMV? All steelbooks are on display and are open, plastered in stickers.. When you preorder are you letting them keep the steelbook until release day? Or what? Lol

If you pre-order they will put your copy behind the counter for you just incase it sells out.

If you pre-order they will put your copy behind the counter for you just incase it sells out.

Thats if the staff have an IQ above 1! Preordered twice now and both times they just went and got it off the new release shelf.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, it looked like JL was about to shat herself with that final facial expression :hilarious:

On a note about the steel, I have found a few scuffs and paint chips, along with a creased J card at the front. The box Zavvi sent it in looked like it had seen better days.

I was initially going to keep it, but having slept on the matter, why should I? That was my gut feeling. Zavvi have never bent over backwards for me, they no longer send me individual discount codes and give me nothing than generic responses when I have a problem.

In short, replacement copy requested :thumbs:

Edit: posted back via collect plus. Sent then tracking number, but I will be lucky if this time next week, has another copy been dispatched.

If amazon lower the price between now and then, I will request a refund instead.

Last edited:
Yeah, it looked like JL was about to shat herself with that final facial expression :hilarious:

On a note about the steel, I have found a few scuffs and paint chips, along with a creased J card at the front. The box Zavvi sent it in looked like it had seen better days.

I was initially going to keep it, but having slept on the matter, why should I? That was my gut feeling. Zavvi have never bent over backwards for me, they no longer send me individual discount codes and give me nothing than generic responses when I have a problem.

In short, replacement copy requested :thumbs:

Any steelbook I order from zavvi (unless its sold out) if it arrives with even a minor paint chip I usually send it back for replacement

I might pick this up from HMV today at lunch, hopefully its a better movie then the first one.

Reactions: PKAVFC
Any steelbook I order from zavvi (unless its sold out) if it arrives with even a minor paint chip I usually send it back for replacement

I might pick this up from HMV today at lunch, hopefully its a better movie then the first one.

I am now fully on this train. It seems a little petty, but its one thing getting 2nd class service, but a 2nd class condition steelbook, no thanks.

Its so annoying you even have to send photos of the damage before they issue a return slip. Why not have the ability on the site to attach the photos.

Anyway... back to being positive! :naughty:

I bought 1 from my local HMV for £17.99. The only had 3 left (on the shelves at least), usually they have some in the chart, some at the front and some with the other blu rays.

Seeing as Mocking Jay is in two parts it's going to be interesting how they are going to keep the continuity of the Steelbook logos.

Reactions: blade803