The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Future Shop Exclusive) [Canada]

Drum18

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
Release date: March 6th, 2015
Purchase link: Future Shop.ca
Price: $27.99
Notes: *** Might be Region A ***
Group buy: Drum18 or biscuitnoir

M2216087_1.jpg

Last edited:
Am I the only one who thought this movie didn't live up to the hype? I thought it wasn't even as good as the previous two :dunno:

If that's final artwork then its good, but what about the inevitable Part 1 + Part 2 steelbook...somewhere in the world?

• Informative
Reactions: Actarus
Am I the only one who thought this movie didn't live up to the hype? I thought it wasn't even as good as the previous two :dunno:

If that's final artwork then its good, but what about the inevitable Part 1 + Part 2 steelbook...somewhere in the world?

well, the book itself is not as good as the first two imo, so not much can be done about it. But this might be the only time I actually prefer the movie rather than the book. I think they did excellent job adapting it :)

well, the book itself is not as good as the first two imo, so not much can be done about it. But this might be the only time I actually prefer the movie rather than the book. I think they did excellent job adapting it :)
Really? I didn't read the books so I didn't know that. And you're right, especially if they only had 60 pages worth of content to adapt. Hopefully, Part 2 makes up for Part 1 :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? I didn't read the books so I didn't know that. And you're right, especially if they only had 60 pages worth of content to adapt. Hopefully, Part 2 makes up for Part 1 :thumbs:

No.. my mistake... wrong thread ;)

It might felt a bit like it was adapted from a 60 pages book :p They shouldn't split it into 2 movies to make it more eventful. Catching Fire's book is a bit thicker than Mockingjay's, but this is the studio's last chance to milk it from the fans so.. :rolleyes::p
Good news is that you can expect more action in the next/last one ;)

No.. my mistake... wrong thread ;)
Gee! Thanks. That's the last time I trust you with information :p I was wondering how that even was possible :confused:

It might felt a bit like it was adapted from a 60 pages book :p They shouldn't split it into 2 movies to make it more eventful. Catching Fire's book is a bit thicker than Mockingjay's, but this is the studio's last chance to milk it from the fans so.. :rolleyes::p
Good news is that you can expect more action in the next/last one ;)
Well you can thank @Drum18 for the "info" :whistle: about the 60 pages book LOL. And I'm not sure about it being the last chance to milk it. The studio always find a way for money making cows. Who knows? May be there'll be a spin off or prequel :facepalm:

Gee! Thanks. That's the last time I trust you with information :p I was wondering how that even was possible :confused:

Well you can thank @Drum18 for the "info" :whistle: about the 60 pages book LOL. And I'm not sure about it being the last chance to milk it. The studio always find a way for money making cows. Who knows? May be there'll be a spin off or prequel :facepalm:

lol...you're right, I hope they don't pull an Indiana Jones :wtf:

Reactions: AlienKing
Thanks @bloodsnake007 !
The art is a little bit lacking in my opinion... Thought for sure there would be a flaming mockingjay behind her or something.
@kaw It's okay :meh:, not what I was expecting... I was actually hoping for the same, the Flaming Mockingjay behind her would of been awesome! :cool:
the-hunger-games-mockingjay-part-1.jpg

Oh well... I'm still purchasing it! :woot: ;)

@kaw It's okay :meh:, not what I was expecting... I was actually hoping for the same, the Flaming Mockingjay behind her would of been awesome! :cool:

Oh well... I'm still purchasing it! :woot: ;)

Ya me too.

...Hey, maybe it's lenticular!!!? :wow: and when you turn it, the flaming wings appear behind her! :OMG:
Now THAT would be cool... Probably wont happen though.
Dare to dream!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007
I can't see myself rewatching this series, yet I still have collected them... I somehow can see myself and have rewatched many times (Divergent !!!, Twilight Saga !!!, City of Bones !!!...can't wait for 2nd movie City of Ashes and The Maze Runner !!! I could rewatch when next movie comes out, but Don't know why but Hunger Games movie series is a one time watch for me.)

Tends to happen when series' split the final book into 2 films.