The Hunt for Red October (Blu-ray Metalpak) [USA]

Feb 18, 2014
Kakariko Village
Available @ Target
$12.99

IMAG7006-1.jpg IMAG7007-1.jpg IMAG7008-1.jpg

Picked up a copy of this alongside the Creed Steelbook last night. Lots of custom debossing courtesy of my local Target, but it was actually the cleanest of the four copies they had in stock. It's a shame, really, as it's an otherwise handsome edition. It's full gloss with deep red and black paint.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1,003 KB · Views: 309
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    982.9 KB · Views: 432
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 330
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 343
Reactions: charleybusko
Any news on transfer of this one? It says remastered but no info regarding video transfer. I know BR is way better than 4K which is dark and muddy. But i hoped this transfer is even better than old bluray. Though noone said anything yet :D.

Any news on transfer of this one? It says remastered but no info regarding video transfer. I know BR is way better than 4K which is dark and muddy. But i hoped this transfer is even better than old bluray. Though noone said anything yet :D.
I don't think there was a new BD release, since 2008. Must be the same 15-year old disc everywhere.

And UHD isn't that dark, just not much different, like an upscale:

• Informative
Reactions: 5t33lb0y
Have to agree that the 4K is a mixed blessing, some great new highlights and better colour overall, but some scenes are much dimmer and particularly the underwater SFX scenes are really quite muddy. Still happy with it, but I do wish some care had been taken to clean up elements.