Live 12pm UK time Black Friday 11/28

Release date: March 9, 2015
Purchase link: The Imitation game
Price: £19.99
Notes: Matte finish

11048000-1417112585-881497.jpg

11048000-1417112611-751436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed. In the UK we've only just got TMNT in cinemas a few weeks ago when most countries have already announced their steelbooks. I tend to wait for the UK steelbook, or import it if we don't get one. If I'm unsure I would pre-order it anyway and if I don't like it at the cinema just cancel it.
Thanks! :thumbs:You see me working! :rolleyes: While I agree I can order, then cancel the order once I finally see the film and deem it unworthy - that brings up possible hassles with the merchant that I wouldn't, nor, shouldn't have to worry about in the first place (possible credit card/Paypal nonsense). It totally effects everyone, regardless of country, if this continues this way. What happens when I snag a copy 700 (of a batch of 700) of a movie I don't know, but presume I may like and don't? I just denied the guy right behind me in line(that loves that movie) a copy. And now I have to sell mine. And probably not at the same price (plus-'time & headache'-price). Or cancel outright, where who knows what the merchant does with these (see Zavvi). It's just a bad model all around- I mean, hell, Zavvi (for example) doesn't even get paid til they ship... So, again I ask, WHY?!!(n)
what-animated-gif.gif

This is getting straight up Ridiculous... This is Not Even In The Theater yet , and I have to make a judgement call on a steelbook? Before it gets sold out?! How the hell am I supposed to do that?!

That is exactly the same situation we in the UK have had to put up with since the advent of DVD some 15 years ago. It was a regular occurrence that most movies would get a Stateside release long before they reached our shores and, in many cases, it would already be out on home video in the States before the UK theatrical run had even commenced. It still happens even in this day and age. Not so much with releases from the big studios but certainly from the smaller ones. Off the top of my head, "The Call", "Stand Up Guys", "Promised Land" and "Devil's Knot" had already been released on Blu-ray/DVD in the US prior getting a cinema release in the UK.

"The Imitation Game" is a British film and its subject matter is such as to appeal primarily to a British audience. It seems logical to me, therefore, that its theatrical and home video releases would be tailored for the local UK market.

If you're concerned about losing out on this Steelbook, you could pre-order it now then cancel your order at a later date, should it not live up to your expectations. Its release is some months away so there's plenty of time available to you.

I appreciate your concerns but it's a problem all of us on this forum have to face from time to time, given the international nature of collecting Steelbooks.

That is exactly the same situation we in the UK have had to put up with since the advent of DVD some 15 years ago. It was a regular occurrence that most movies would get a Stateside release long before they reached our shores and, in many cases, it would already be out on home video in the States before the UK theatrical run had even commenced. It still happens even in this day and age. Not so much with releases from the big studios but certainly from the smaller ones. Off the top of my head, "The Call", "Stand Up Guys", "Promised Land" and "Devil's Knot" had already been released on Blu-ray/DVD in the US prior getting a cinema release in the UK.

"The Imitation Game" is a British film and its subject matter is such as to appeal primarily to a British audience. It seems logical to me, therefore, that its theatrical and home video releases would be tailored for the local UK market.

If you're concerned about losing out on this Steelbook, you could pre-order it now then cancel your order at a later date, should it not live up to your expectations. Its release is some months away so there's plenty of time available to you.

I appreciate your concerns but it's a problem all of us on this forum have to face from time to time, given the international nature of collecting Steelbooks.
Agree. Well stated, sir!

Even if I hadn't seen this I would have pre-ordered due to the fantastic reviews and to be honest just the fact it has Benedict Cumberbatch in it.

Luckily my card expires at the end of June thus I should be okay with my pre-order!

Even if I hadn't seen this I would have pre-ordered due to the fantastic reviews and to be honest just the fact it has Benedict Cumberbatch in it.

Luckily my card expires at the end of June thus I should be okay with my pre-order!

Even in the event it was passed the expiry or you just got a new card between now and then, they give you an opportunity to correct it. At the time of dispatch, if the card doesn't go through, they send you a 'payment problem' email and instruct you to go to your order to correct the information.

This is getting straight up Ridiculous... This is Not Even In The Theater yet , and I have to make a judgement call on a steelbook? Before it gets sold out?! How the hell am I supposed to do that?!
(Are you begging me to torrent stuff now??!!). This is the worst thing they've done yet.
Gouge me on price in front of my face. FINE.
But to, in effect, say "You better buy this, sight unseen, or your gonna regret it" is ridiculous.
tumblr_inline_nby5dhn4Rp1sxdd19.gif
What the...

You do know that you're under no obligation to pay any money until about a week before release, right? Zavvi has, for as long as I know, never taken preorder payments immediately.

Preorder now, then you've probably got about 6 months to see the film at the cinema before the steel releases. If you like the film, brilliant. If you don't then cancel the steelbook.

Anybody would think that Zavvi is taking money off you right now.

"This is the worst thing they've done yet". Lol yeah alright, clearly you've not read a lot of what Zavvi gets up to if this is as bad as it gets for you.

with you causallydressed would rather be able to pre-order early with option to cancel if so wish, than wait to last minute then try fight tooth and nail to get one and condsidering this is the only steel of this worldwide so far.
my thoughts are this will be a limited release worldwide as well i was told FS will not have this as a steel a while back which did surprise me.
so for me will make this a rare one not that comes into it, i always wanted this film will look nice next to fury.

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Marina Blue
What the...

You do know that you're under no obligation to pay any money until about a week before release, right? Zavvi has, for as long as I know, never taken preorder payments immediately.

Preorder now, then you've probably got about 6 months to see the film at the cinema before the steel releases. If you like the film, brilliant. If you don't then cancel the steelbook.

Anybody would think that Zavvi is taking money off you right now.

"This is the worst thing they've done yet". Lol yeah alright, clearly you've not read a lot of what Zavvi gets up to if this is as bad as it gets for you.
It's about timing. Did you get your order in for Star Wars 7 yesterday? Really? Cuz they are all gone...
Why would I even have to expect that??!! (Get my point?). Granted, IG isn't gonna sell out yet, but it's ridiculous that I would even have to think about that yet.:rolleyes:

It's about timing. Did you get your order in for Star Wars 7 yesterday? Really? Cuz they are all gone...
Why would I even have to expect that??!! (Get my point?). Granted, IG isn't gonna sell out yet, but it's ridiculous that I would even have to think about that yet.:rolleyes:
Ridiculous or not, that's the way it's been for a while now. In the most cases movies are now available to order at the same time they start their theatrical run.
I would hope by this time next year to have a pre-order in for The Force Awakens steelbook [emoji14]

The subject matter ended World War II, two years early and saved 14 million lives. The odds of successfully doing this was 159 million, million, million to one. This story is fascinating to me and I can't wait to see this film!

Pre-ordered on day 1! :)

Reactions: ash333
I noticed that Charles Dance is going to attend the London Film and Comic Con - which runs from Friday 17th to Sunday 19th July 2015. Plenty of time to receive your copy and run along to Olympia to have it signed (assuming you're in the UK and fancy the whole autographing your steelbook thing).

Reactions: vurt and T800kaz
Thinking of cancelling THIS, DRACULA UNTOLD and HORNS, this little lot will cost me £60+ and I gotta feeling that in a couple of months they will be in one of Zavvi's flash sales for £10-15 each.

Wouldn't cancel this as it's a great film it will be recognised in awards season and seeing at this point this is the only steel for this film in the world I would keep this ... see rush when it was first released and world's end . Horns isn't a brilliant film and drawl a has other world wide releases

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666