Votes: 37 64.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 31.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 3.5%

• Total voters
Jan 11, 2014
Finland
I think it would be awesome if Zavvi would release the older MCU movies as steelbook versions. I always had an issue with the first three original steelbooks which were Iron Man, Iron Man 2 and The Incredible Hulk.

Both of the Play.com exclusive Iron Man steelbooks look absolutely fantastic but there is a huge drawback to both of them and that was that they were 1-disc editions for movies that both have a 2-disc edition available with a combined amount of 6 hours of bonus features that are all missing from the steelbook versions. I consider myself to be both a collector and a film enthusiast and I believe a lot of steelbook collectors care about the special features as well. I would absolutely love if Zavvi (or Amazon UK for that matter) would re-release the Play.com exclusive Iron Man and Iron Man 2 steelbooks as 2-disc editions. The steelbooks could (and should really) be identical to the previous releases in terms of appearance BUT make both of them 2-disc editions. I know a lot of scalpers and owners of the original Play.com steelbooks would get furious if this actually happened but so what? Only 4000 of those steelbooks were made and even they were not the "original" steelbooks for those movies since FS already did the first Iron Man years ago. Why can't you simply be happy if other people could get a chance of getting these steelbooks for a reasonable price which is about 15£. It would simply be stupid to pay what people are asking for these on Ebay which is about 50-60£ for JUST ONE MOVIE. And like I said the original Play.com steelbooks are flawed in terms of content because both are missing over 3 hours of interesting special features.

And then The Incredible Hulk. I could have bought the Universal 100th Anniversary Edition for about 10£ a little over a year ago and I almost ordered it a couple times. It's a very nice steelbook overall and but there is also a somewhat big drawback to this one as well. There are no 2-disc editions made at all for this movie on Blu-ray so it wasn't the problem with this one. However the steelbook was part of the Universal 100th Anniversary series and some of them (like this one) are horizontal steelbooks which is fine. They look nice BUT all the other Marvel Cinematic Universe steelbooks are vertical so it would have looked silly and inappropriate if one movie is presented in a horizontal steelbook while the others are vertical. This is also a smaller complaint about it but it features Edward Norton on the cover. I have absolutely nothing against him and I really like him as an actor BUT he is no longer part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and he's no longer the Hulk. Mark Ruffalo is the Hulk now so it would make perfect sense to have the cover I suggested to be the front cover on the possible re-release steelbook for The Incredible Hulk. And anyway I think this new cover would be much better than the original one.

28056_large.jpg

Obviously it would be without the Blu-ray banner (no pun inteded) or the actors' names (the other steels don't have them either and anyway it would be simpler thus nicer) and the age ratings would be as stickers so you could easily remove them just like with all the previous MCU steelbooks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 369 and rodobastos
please thanks me here if you want to see proper incredible hulk from kimchi:scat:

sent from Galaxy S4

Please go forward with Marvel releases. I've got no problem with dropping already published steels because Kimchi got their own unique style.
One Lenti and 1/4 slip for me and all the other Marvel-hungry ninjas! :D

I'm curious if there is any reason why no one has come out with a new Incredible Hulk SteelBook yet. The Reel Heroes SteelBook looks cheap and poorly thought out, and the Play SteelBook doesn't match any of the others because it's horizontal. I'm a big Marvel fan and I display my MCU SteelBooks on a bookshelf, so there are all of these gorgeous steels on display, and then a cartoon looking Hulk. It is maddening.

I mean Blufans is coming out with a bunch of MCU SteelBooks, but it's like they skipped right over the only one that doesn't already have an edition with nice cover art. Why is this? Are there problems with getting the rights to make a new design or something? I would think, given the lack of decent art and high demand for MCU steels, that coming out with a nice Incredible Hulk SteelBook would be a high priority.