The Incredibles (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 36) [Korea]

WhiskeyInTheJar

Premium Supporter
Jun 1, 2015
Release date: June 9, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip - Lenti B1 - Lenti B2 - One Click (Pre-order on May 26 at 2 PM Korea time)
Price: $35.99 (individuals editions) - $107 (One Click)
Note: Full Slip (1100 copies) - Lenticular Full Slip Type B1 (1000 copies) - Lenticular Full Slip Type B2 (1000 copies) - One Click (300 copies)
Group Buy: hosted by Kaka1888

13178878_1874433849450490_6349785847863744266_n.jpg 13094252_1874433796117162_7006334790411469348_n.jpg 13178553_1874433826117159_3984716186849426345_n.jpg

FB_IMG_1461726586997.jpg

FB_IMG_1461726572428.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726575368.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726578200.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726581124.jpg
FB_IMG_1461726584171.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Canadian Futureshop Viva version is by far the best, but after Kimchi puts together a package, everyone would want a copy and this will sell out. I'm pretty sure the overall package will be a home run.
Another example where fancy wrapping will make the turd hiding inside seem desirable

I don't think the front and back design is bad. Especially with the right emboss/Deboss, it has potential to be super (like the fifth element). But I agree that the inside art needs to be changed asap. That's just odd.

I say Kimchidvd should save us all of the trouble and just go straight to the slips! Do not even waste your time in producing the steelbook.It's just a waste of time.We all have sufficient copies of this title in a steel.Sell the slips for $15-$20 and call it a day. Let's all be honest and admit we're all getting these for the extras and slips.The steelbook is just an afterthought especially since half of the collectors won't even open their copies.Just put one of those blank steels in there and nobody will even care or notice the difference.

I don't think the front and back design is bad. Especially with the right emboss/Deboss, it has potential to be super (like the fifth element). But I agree that the inside art needs to be changed asap. That's just odd.
I couldn't agree anymore. I do like the wraparound design on the front artwork especially if there is a treatment to it. The inside however is atrocious and looks like it was just thrown in randomly when there are so many more interesting images to select from.

Reactions: tnguyen13
I say Kimchidvd should save us all of the trouble and just go straight to the slips! Do not even waste your time in producing the steelbook.It's just a waste of time.We all have sufficient copies of this title in a steel.Sell the slips for $15-$20 and call it a day. Let's all be honest and admit we're all getting these for the extras and slips.The steelbook is just an afterthought especially since half of the collectors won't even open their copies.Just put one of those blank steels in there and nobody will even care or notice the difference.

To buy the Fullslip without the steel I think this is just plain silly ! Of course I want the Steel that will come with it, I just want Kimchi to put more effort in producing something nice and fresh...
a well crafted complete package :whistle:

Reactions: charleybusko
I will most likely pass on this as the Zavvi Exclusive steelbook is very nice looking

I'm sure this will still sell out but I'm not bothered to get this on this occasion
The Slips or Lenti and expected extras not enough for me to consider getting this unless they are totally amazing looking

If I not had already the Zavvi steelbook I would most likely be all over this instantly

A lot of new steelbook customers might want this if they missed out on previous releases

Most customers open the steelbooks its only a minority now who keep them sealed
If you look at the lots of steelbook releases in past 3 years it's because lot of customers now simply prefer a steelbook to an amaray release and is why you see the film studio re release lot steelbooks to supply the new fans of steelbooks and lot of new films now get a steelbook release

A few years ago yes more collectors would have kept a steelbook sealed simply because there was less collectors back then but not as much now with steelbooks very popular lot are purchasing simply because they got the stellbook bug and like them more than a standard amaray release

I have introduced one of my work colleagues recently to steelbooks he just made his first steelbook purchase the other day the Fox Star Wars steelbooks hope he don't hate me after his bank balance starts gets less as a result as he starts to get more releases :rofl:

This Steelbook is growing on me a little bit now. Can't wait to see what slips they do