The Iron Giant (Signature Edition) (Blu-ray Ultimate Collector's Edition) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: October 17, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £49.99

1.jpg

• A letter from Director Brad Bird to the fans
  • Five Mondo Art Cards
  • Beautiful 32-Page Book
  • Collectible Iron Giant Figurine
  • Blu-ray, DVD, and UltraViolet
  • The Giant's Dream: An all new documentary about the dramatic story behind the making one of the world's greatest animated films, The Iron Giant.
  • Includes both version of the film: The Iron Giant: Signature Edition (2015)
  • The Iron Giant: Original Theatrical Edition (1999)
  • Feature-Length Commentaries by Director Brad Bird, Head of Animation Tony Fucile, Story
  • Department Head Jeff Lynch and Giant Animation Supervisor Steven Markowski
  • The Making of The Iron Giant – Hosted by Vin Diesel and featuring interviews with the cast and crew
  • Deleted Scenes, Original Opening Sequences and Featurettes that give you an inside look into the score, character design, storyboards and animation
  • Motion Gallery, New Signature Edition Trailer, and more!
  • Includes UltraViolet so you can enjoy the film on many different compatible devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't resist pre-ordering this amazing film. Seeing as how it's not just fancy packaging, but a restoration how could one say no to this? :)

Plus, Warner's TDK trilogy included an art book and it was a beautiful specimen, so hoping it's similar quality.

• Thanks
Reactions: vurt and Noodles
Hey guys first time poster here.
This discount code 'ZAVWEL54' has never I repeat NEVEEERR worked for me no matter what title that I've applied it too. Am I doin somethin wrong???
And yes I've used ALL the links given and keep gettin the 'The discount code you entered is invalid or not applicable to the contents of your basket.' message.
Is it maybe like a 'flash sale' type of discount that quickly disappears after a day or so??
Any help.......:bucktooth:

Having said that Zavvi sent me one of their 15% discount e-mails on selected steelbooks and THAT offer didn't work either much to my annoyance....:angry:

Hey guys first time poster here.
This discount code 'ZAVWEL54' has never I repeat NEVEEERR worked for me no matter what title that I've applied it too. Am I doin somethin wrong???
And yes I've used ALL the links given and keep gettin the 'The discount code you entered is invalid or not applicable to the contents of your basket.' message.
Is it maybe like a 'flash sale' type of discount that quickly disappears after a day or so??
Any help.......:bucktooth:

Having said that Zavvi sent me one of their 15% discount e-mails on selected steelbooks and THAT offer didn't work either much to my annoyance....:angry:
Hi, and welcome to HDN! :)

Have you tried adding the item to your basket first (through a different link), then clicking the ZAVWEL link afterwards and checking out that way? That usually solves the problem for most people. :thumbs:

If that doesn't work, then chances are Zavvi have caught on and deactivated the code for that particular item. (n)

EDIT - Just tried it myself and it seems to be the latter... they've deactivated it. :dead:

Hey thanks Noodles man... I thought I was losin the plot there for a while :whistle:

I'll probably put an order in fer this anyhooo as it's a really nice lookin set :)

Hey thanks Noodles man... I thought I was losin the plot there for a while :whistle:

I'll probably put an order in fer this anyhooo as it's a really nice lookin set :)
Glad to help! Yeah, £50 is still a great price for this IMO. :)

happy days. one of my all time favourite films, very happy to have. :woot: fyi @Noodles @dan8885

a few pointers for those still thinking of buying:
- unless i have a bad set, this does not come in the UK with the dvd. just blu ray and ultraviolet. it's just the Amaray, with no fullslip. so yes, this means Zavvi's website describing contents is wrong.
- unlike @moon 's fantastic shots on the USA release thread, the UK release is also not numbered (again, unless i've got a bad set - or not been paying attention to posts)
- the j-card was stuck down with industrial strength gel glue, so be careful taking it off, as the gloss paper covering isn't that thick
- the ratings certificates on the box are removable.
- the Mondo art cards are beautiful, on good quality stock, and the repro is great.
- the book is nice - i don't think it's the greatest thing ever, but there's some nice shots of the earlier ideas for the giant.
- the limited edition figure is somewhat average, but i may be thinking that as i own the Mondo collectible deluxe figure.
- plus of course there the brand new 55 minute documentary 'The Giant's Dream', which i am very much looking forward to getting into.

opened pack shots:

gripes aside, a good set of a beautiful film

giphy.gif

happy days. one of my all time favourite films, very happy to have. :woot: fyi @Noodles @dan8885

a few pointers for those still thinking of buying:
- unless i have a bad set, this does not come in the UK with the dvd. just blu ray and ultraviolet. it's just the Amaray, with no fullslip. so yes, this means Zavvi's website describing contents is wrong.
- unlike @moon 's fantastic shots on the USA release thread, the UK release is also not numbered (again, unless i've got a bad set - or not been paying attention to posts)
- the j-card was stuck down with industrial strength gel glue, so be careful taking it off, as the gloss paper covering isn't that thick
- the ratings certificates on the box are removable.
- the Mondo art cards are beautiful, on good quality stock, and the repro is great.
- the book is nice - i don't think it's the greatest thing ever, but there's some nice shots of the earlier ideas for the giant.
- the limited edition figure is somewhat average, but i may be thinking that as i own the Mondo collectible deluxe figure.
- plus of course there the brand new 55 minute documentary 'The Giant's Dream', which i am very much looking forward to getting into.

opened pack shots:

gripes aside, a good set of a beautiful film

giphy.gif
I also received mine and agree with all the points you made. It's a shame the amaray doesn't come with a slip, but the package is still nice overall. I seriously wish they'd stop gluing the j-cards on stuff like this... there's no need for it, especially since they're always held on by the wrapping anyway. The figure is the most disappointing thing, as it looks like a cheap McDonald's toy... but then I didn't really expect anything amazing for the price I paid. I'm pretty happy with everything else though... it's great to finally own a nice edition for this amazing film! :)

No metallic effect on the box, PLAIN blue disc, glue damages the box ... I am a little disapointed with this. Other than that book is great, cards look gorgeous.
If you still can ... go for the US! No doubts!!!