Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: March 6, 2018
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $14.99

Last edited:
The Island is the one Michael Bay movie I can actually stand to watch.. it's been on my "I hope they make a steelbook of this one day" list for a while

• Thanks
Reactions: jammmy
I like about 60% of this movie- the first 60% where it’s an intriguing film about a blossoming romance in a utopian society- layered above a sinister intent.

Once the film devolves in to a standard, ‘splosiony, chase film- I lose all interest. :/

I like about 60% of this movie- the first 60% where it’s an intriguing film about a blossoming romance in a utopian society- layered above a sinister intent.

Once the film devolves in to a standard, ‘splosiony, chase film- I lose all interest. :/

except for the part where he says "That was the craziest mess I ever seen. Jesus must love you!"

...takes one look at Scarlett Jo... "Damn. I KNOW Jesus loves you".

• Thanks
Reactions: Marc Dooley
I hope so, but the listing just said "Island"
Unless it's the 1980 Michael Richie version of Peter Benchley's The Island starring Michael Caine.:p
(Doubt it!)
B53FF8D3-C05C-4836-9F1A-F17AD7678B4F.jpeg

Michael Bay Sex Scene
View attachment 349192

Michael Bay's The Lion King
View attachment 349193

Michael Bay's Planet Earth
View attachment 349194
55606EB5-F61A-41D6-BBB1-F1993AF366E4.gif

Yes, yes- his explosions are easy to mock, but lets not forget about these other Bayisms that make us all cry and cringe:

Lack of continuity within time (a-la having random sunsets).
Characters dropping to their knees in slow motion.
360 spin shots with telephoto lens'.
Seeing the camera in the shadows of your shots.
Obligatory female objectification.
Bad pre-pubescent jokes about masturbation.

Let us all not just hate a single aspect of this man's career- but let us remind ourselves of the many horrors that his films have normalized. xD

• Thanks
Reactions: Marc Dooley
Yes, yes- his explosions are easy to mock, but lets not forget about these other Bayisms that make us all cry and cringe:

Lack of continuity within time (a-la having random sunsets).
Characters dropping to their knees in slow motion.
360 spin shots with telephoto lens'.
Seeing the camera in the shadows of your shots.
Obligatory female objectification.
Bad pre-pubescent jokes about masturbation.

Let us all not just hate a single aspect of this man's career- but let us remind ourselves of the many horrors that his films have normalized. xD
Not a fan...
But the one that are good, are pretty O.K. (The Rock, Armageddon)
I've actually been meaning to give The Island another look – I don't even remember it.

Status
Not open for further replies.