UK
4.14 star(s) Rating: 4.14/5 14 Votes
Title: Joker - In theaters October 4, 2019

Tagline: Put on a happy face.

Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller

Director: Todd Phillips

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix

Release: 2019-10-04

Plot: A failed stand-up comedian is driven insane and becomes a psychopathic murderer.

im not sold on this yet, but seems interesting. Hopefully he can pull it off. He has potential that's for sure.

The "experimental" part is honestly what has me most excited about this... makes me think it'll be unlike any other superhero/villain movie we've ever seen!

Reactions: Flloydo
The "experimental" part is honestly what has me most excited about this... makes me think it'll be unlike any other superhero/villain movie we've ever seen!

Honestly so up for this now it’s phoenix

He’s a beast of a actor and can’t wait to see his creepy take on it

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Honestly so up for this now it’s phoenix

He’s a beast of a actor and can’t wait to see his creepy take on it
Same... if they'd cast someone else, then I probably wouldn't have been as excited about it. Really hoping they do it justice this time and don't just waste his talent!

Reactions: Flloydo
DnPVbw1VYAAQOwI.jpg
DnPOny3X4AA2XjL.jpgDnPOny3XsAAuxTx.jpgDnPOny4X4AAqbEf.jpgDnPOny4XsAAnOAh.jpgDnPUdMfV4AAH4CX.jpg
@Flloydo

• Thanks
It does kinda look like Javier Bardem in No Country for old men…
View attachment 393289

Haha yeah he does

The guys just a force when it comes to acting.

And he changes a lot. Look at “gladiator” to “I’m still here” to “the master” to “her” to “buffalo soldiers” to “inherent vice”! Just always changing and proving he’s one of the best out there

that Joker design isnt that bad
Not sure if that's 100% the final look, but I agree... they've kept it simple and it works IMO. Thank God there are no tattoos or "hipster" haircuts. So far, I'm really liking the direction they seem to be taking with this!

Not sure if that's 100% the final look, but I agree... they've kept it simple and it works IMO. Thank God there are no tattoos or "hipster" haircuts. So far, I'm really liking the direction they seem to be taking with this!
I like the Suicide Squad Joker design ...really crazy which fits the character at least in that movie.

If you pause the video at the right time as the projected images pass him, you can see more of his costume.

Last edited:
Not really loving the Red Nose... joker never had that. He just looks like a crazy clown guy.

Should be a little more like this (sorry for the quick pshap job):
Joker1.jpg Joker2.jpg

I think this is the first time I've been excited for a comic book movie since The Dark Knight. Pretty much solely based on my love for Joaquin Phoenix as an actor :cheers:

So far I am liking what I am seeing.
Makeup: Yes, it's very different. Drawing on the designs of the masks that Romero and Ledger wore, but in all honesty what were people expecting? That they would rip the makeup from another Joker. A new actor, a new story needed something different for the makeup. Judging by the images, Phoenix looks amazing with the facial expressions he's pulling.

Suit: This caught me by surprise. Was not expecting red and orange for the suit. It looks good, but I do hope that towards the end of the film we maybe see the more traditional purple enter the mix.

Phoenix: The guy is a phenomenal actor and regardless of his look I feel he has the stuff to be a good Joker. Already from this clip (if it works) I like the swagger, look, expressions that he is doing. Got high hopes for this.

Joker1.pngJoker2.pngJoker3.png

YES! Really loving this look. Definitely cross between Ledger and Romero, which can only be a good thing. :thumbs: