Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Noodles fella if it's like that it will be very nice but if it's the zoomed in cropped crap it will be launched through Zavvi's window attached to an half ender mucka !
Haha love that you used the word "mucka" - don't see many, if any, people saying that on here. :p

I'll be very pleasantly surprised if it doesn't turn out to be the zoomed version, and if it is, then I'm afraid I'll have no choice but to put myself through the hassle of dealing with their CS team. (n)

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Already started returns procedure on facebook messenger with Zavvi : -

Just a message to say I will be sending THE JUNGLE BOOK straight back to you when it arrives ! ..... yet again item displayed is not the item being sent to customers. Horrible cropped and zoomed artwork and nothing like the picture you are displaying when purchasing.
Order number ********** can you please issue a returns form and postage form please to return to you.
I see you have learned nothing from the Maleficent steelbook fiasco !

Attachments

• jungle book.jpg
    jungle book.jpg
    463.6 KB · Views: 120
Grrrr! Maeficent all over again! I was sceptical about the mock-up on Zavvi's site, but was hoping it would be accurate since the Zoomed artwork is trash!

Well me old mucka .... that sums it up for me ........ GOING STRAIGHT BACK pronto !
Again misleading artwork on Zavvi website and not the product you are getting.
Yep, can't say I'm surprised really. I'm also contacting them to ask for a refund... good luck to anyone else doing the same!

I see you have learned nothing from the Maleficent steelbook fiasco !

What is this "MALEFICENT fiasco" that you and others mention ? Didn't participate on social media at the time out so no recollection of any fuss about that SB . . . there was something about a colour change but I have no knowledge of anything else - must have been serious though seeing words like "fiasco" and "incident" popping up on these pages now :wow: !?
Personally speaking I think it's a lovely steelbook and one of my favourite non-animated Disneys.

Regarding THE JUNGLE BOOK (2016) SB: think I can safely say "Glad I did not pre-order this"

In conclusion: Up there - or should I say down there - with CINDERELLA - as one of Disney's most unappealing *second release steelbook.
*live action after animation.

Last edited:
What is this "MALEFICENT fiasco" that you and others mention ? Didn't participate on social media at the time out so no recollection of any fuss about that SB . . . there was something about a colour change but I have no knowledge of anything else - must have been serious though seeing words like "fiasco" and "incident" popping up on these pages now :wow: !?
Personally speaking I think it's a lovely steelbook and one of my favourite non-animated Disneys.

Regarding THE JUNGLE BOOK (2016) SB: think I can safely say "Glad I did not pre-order this"

In conclusion: Up there - or should I say down there - with CINDERELLA - as one of Disney's most unappealing *second release steelbook.
Yes colour change buddy , was a lovely white colour and we got a black one.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo and virkia
It's not surprising the steelbook is the same as rest of Europe and Asia as that is what Disney released in Europe
It was shown months ago that the Europe Steelbook was this
Jungle-Book-steelbook-1.jpg Jungle-Book-steelbook-2.jpg

Zavvi simply did not update the website to show the updated artwork shown by other retailers in Europe months ago
Zavvi yes should have updated the website but most know by now new release Disney films are WWA steelbooks in Europe and Asia

Zavvi only get WEA Artwork for back catalogue Disney/Marvel films and re-release steelbooks which are also back catalogue

New release Disney Films and New release Disney Marvel Films will be from Disney Europe will be WWA Artwork for steelbook releases unless Disney Europe decide to change this and is very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

So when you see actual updated artwork and live photos of a steelbook shown in Europe of a new Disney Film release it will be the same steelbook in UK

It's not surprising the steelbook is the same as rest of Europe and Asia as that is what Disney released in Europe
View attachment 259678 View attachment 259679

Zavvi simply did not update the website to show the updated artwork shown by other retailers in Europe months ago
Zavvi yes should have updated the website but most know by now new release Disney films are WWA steelbooks in Europe and Asia

Zavvi only get WEA Artwork for back catalogue Disney/Marvel films and re-release steelbooks which are also back catalogue

New release Disney steelbooks and New release Disney Marvel Steelbooks will be from Disney Europe will be WWA Artwork unless Disney Europe decide to change that which is very unlikely to happen anytime soon

So when you see actual updated artwork and live photos of a steelbook shown in Europe of a new Disney Film release it will be the same steelbook in UK
Thanks Paul .... yes this was to be expected has you describe but it is simply not good enough with Zavvi not showing what we are buying before dispatch.
I guess the FAC will be the same then so will not be ordering that either , Blufans all the way and a long wait here we come.

Reactions: paulboland
Thanks Paul .... yes this was to be expected has you describe but it is simply not good enough with Zavvi not showing what we are buying before dispatch.
I guess the FAC will be the same then so will not be ordering that either , Blufans all the way and a long wait here we come.
Yes FAC will be the same steelbook as Zavvi and rest of Europe

Blufans yes is WEA but by the time it gets released Disney would consider the film itself as back catalogue
Disney decide for each release when they will consider a film to be back catalogue this is usually at least 6 months but can be less if Disney decide a lesser time period but most times it's 6 months and a few are 9 months to 1 year

Maleficent was advertised with this artwork (white background) as opposed to the black steelbook we ultimately got. Personally, I much prefer the black one and wasn't bothered by the bait-and-switch, but that's not the point. Many people were upset/angry - and some already had the black steelbook and weren't aware they were ordering a duplicate.

Attachments

• maleficent-poster.jpg
    maleficent-poster.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 104
  • Thanks
Reactions: virkia and Noodles
View attachment 259678 View attachment 259679

New release Disney Films and New release Disney Marvel Films will be from Disney Europe will be WWA Artwork for steelbook releases unless Disney Europe decide to change this and is very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

I don't think anyone on here was unaware of all that, but who's to say everyone who ordered it keeps up-to-date with what's being released in other countries? Those who aren't regular steelbook buyers can't be expected to know what's WWA and what's not. What annoys me most though is the fact that Zavvi only recently updated the artwork on their site, which showed something different to what we were expecting and obviously gave us some false hope... surely by now the "home of steelbooks" would've had the correct artwork sent over from Disney, because every other retailer that's selling it seems to. I'd rather they didn't upload any artwork at all than upload something that's incorrect!

I don't think anyone on here was unaware of all that, but who's to say everyone who ordered it keeps up-to-date with what's being released in other countries? Those who aren't regular steelbook buyers can't be expected to know what's WWA and what's not. What annoys me most though is the fact that Zavvi only recently updated the artwork on their site, which showed something different to what we were expecting and obviously gave us some false hope... surely by now the "home of steelbooks" would've had the correct artwork sent over from Disney, because every other retailer that's selling it seems to. I'd rather they didn't upload any artwork at all than upload something that's incorrect!
I agree
Zavvi should have updated the website listing to show what the other retailers have shown recently in Europe

I did say to you last month don't be surprised if Zavvi don't update the correct artwork until after been shipped and after release date has passed
Why did they not that's another question where they afraid of getting lot of cancelled orders if they showed the correct artwork
In my opinion it's best to show the correct artwork as soon as it's confirmed even if that means a few orders cancelled as it will avoid later customer complaints

I agree
Zavvi should have updated the website listing to show what the other retailers have shown recently in Europe

I did say to you last month don't be surprised if Zavvi don't update the correct artwork until after been shipped and after release date has passed
Why did they not that's another question where they afraid of getting lot of cancelled orders if they showed the correct artwork
In my opinion it's best to show the correct artwork as soon as it's confirmed even if that means a few orders cancelled as it will avoid later customer complaints
I was actually more surprised that they uploaded any artwork at all, since it was very close to release date once they did eventually upload anything... again, that's the reason for all the confusion though. Had they not uploaded the incorrect artwork, then we all would've gone on believing it was the same WWA steel... but to upload the wrong artwork this late was just misleading!

Like you said though... why they didn't update it with the correct artwork is another question - Did they do it on purpose? Do they have a clue what they're selling? Do they even care? No doubt everyone wanting to return it will be offered a petty partial refund... their logo is obviously green for a reason. :greedy:

Mines going to be returned, really annoying they put that artwork up and it has no artwork tbc or subject to change message.
Looks so bad zoomed in like that. You would think that they might update the image on there webstore but it's still the same now. Basically falsely portraying a product to get more sales imo.
Let the battle commence and I haven't even received mine yet. Feel cheated by this retailer again will be the last time.

Reactions: kingkarl1967