Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: August 22, 2016
Purchase link: The Jungle Book (live)
Price: £24.99

1.jpg

11270347-1044412519595183.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be honest. My copy arrived today and I like it. I honestly didn't know what to expect but I was pleased with it. And I notice a 7.1 soundtrack which is great as we usually only get the 5.1 for the UK. But yes Zavvi need to wise up and display exactly what people are getting. I'm sure it's illegal what they are doing.

I quite like it actually, I haven't seen the film so holding off but actually I like that steel, hopefully price drop although worried does anyone think it will sell out?

I'll be honest. My copy arrived today and I like it. I honestly didn't know what to expect but I was pleased with it. And I notice a 7.1 soundtrack which is great as we usually only get the 5.1 for the UK. But yes Zavvi need to wise up and display exactly what people are getting. I'm sure it's illegal what they are doing.
tracks/subs?
thanks

English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, French subtitles on both blu-ray and 3D. Soundtrack English 7.1, French, Spanish 5.1, Portuguese 2.0 Same for the 3D. That's it. No other soundtracks or subtitles.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Certainly would have pre-ordered if ours had been like this edition:-
upload_2016-8-21_2-45-50.png
Elegant, intelligently scaled, well balanced and one of the choicest steelbook artworks I've seen in a while.
In short , like ours could and should have been.

Accurate artwork now finally showing at Zavvi:-

The Jungle Book 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
11270347-2014415847101670.jpg

Not used to seeing different art on the 1/4 slip to that on the steelbook and wondering if it's the first Disney U.K. steelbook to do this (?)
On the vast majority the artwork is reproduced as exactly as possible on both tin and card and on the minority there is no artwork at all and the slip is just a one colour block with title of film.

Last edited:
Accurate artwork now finally showing at Zavvi:-

The Jungle Book 3D (Includes 2D Version) - Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook Blu-ray
11270347-2014415847101670.jpg

Not used to seeing different art on the 1/4 slip to that on the steelbook and wondering if it's the first Disney U.K. steelbook to do this (?)
On the vast majority the artwork is reproduced as exactly as possible on both tin and card and on the minority there is no artwork at all and the slip is just a one colour block with title of film.
Interesting, as I raised a query with Zavvi over the weekend asking why the version I received looked different to the image on their website. They asked for photos, and have since responded with the following comment:
"I will raise your feedback with the marketing department. Although the image of the package is the same as displayed onsite." Well, it is now, but it wasn't at the time I raised the query with them!

Interesting, as I raised a query with Zavvi over the weekend asking why the version I received looked different to the image on their website. They asked for photos, and have since responded with the following comment:
"I will raise your feedback with the marketing department. Although the image of the package is the same as displayed onsite." Well, it is now, but it wasn't at the time I raised the query with them!

Having the same problem with them, they don't want to pay the postage to return it back to them. Trying to make out its an unwanted item so that the customer has to pay the postage. Jokers if you ask me. Me personally I will be moving away from zavvi over this, to long in the tooth to be dealing with dickheads. I will just keep the SB, but have already cancelled loads of pre-orders and will try my hardest not to buy from them in the future. Money talks and with over 70 pages of orders with them in the last 18 months they will regret it more than me.

Fail crap steelbook with cropped sheit image. Imagine the mockup artwork with a title instead. Would have been golden, but nooo, lets zoom **** in, get rid of the best artwork and smack faces on the spine instead. Nice logic Disney. Muppets...

Reactions: lgans316
Awesome so we Getting Tarzan from manta in thier global release nice. And I am super hyped about Constantine as well. Other titles not so much we will see who comes out first lol

Having the same problem with them, they don't want to pay the postage to return it back to them. Trying to make out its an unwanted item so that the customer has to pay the postage. Jokers if you ask me. Me personally I will be moving away from zavvi over this, to long in the tooth to be dealing with dickheads. I will just keep the SB, but have already cancelled loads of pre-orders and will try my hardest not to buy from them in the future. Money talks and with over 70 pages of orders with them in the last 18 months they will regret it more than me.
no they wont, they dont really care.....

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley
Dunno if it'll help anyone looking for refunds or whatever, but I screenshotted the original listing a couple of days before they changed the artwork. No sign of the usual "Artwork Subject To Change", so you could argue that the listing didn't specify that the artwork here was not going to be used in the finished product.
Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 15.34.27.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Mobley