The 'Kindle Fire' owners discussion thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Feel free to post questions/chat about this tablet here.

KO-slate-main-sm._V159605028_.jpg

I was contemplating getting one a couple months back, but got a refurbished Ipad 1 for about $300

I still might end up getting a Kindle Fire 1 just to be able to easily have all my Amazon stuff consolidated. I have a Prime account and have all my Mp3 purchases in their cloud.

Now that they're lowering the prices on the Kindle Fire 1 I might do that.

EDIT: although THIS right here is bullshit.

8GB internal storage, approximately 5.5GB available for user content

Seriously? Just over half of the advertised storage is actually available for you? I realize that when something says X amount of GB available, that's not literally how much, but 2.5 Gigs is unavailable?

Last edited:
I've had one since launch and use it almost every day. Having a Prime account, I've been able to take advantage of the Lending Library (read the Hunger Games trilogy for free) and I also use the cloud player a lot for movies and MP3's. Lately I've been using the ComiCat app to read digital comic book files and it works great.

Groo - in terms of storage, my Fire has 1.17GB allocated for apps and 5.37GB for books, music, videos, etc. So there's a total of 6.5GB available. I'm not sure if the space can be reallocated if you need more room for apps, for example, but I haven't had a problem with running out of space and I've even got a couple Flixster movies stored directly on the Fire right now.

I just got a 32 gb Kindle Fire HD and I love it. The picture quality and sound are great. This was definitely the best option for me because I really only use it to watch movies so I got an economical price and quality.

I got a fire HD with 8GB last week. I think it is great that you can install Flash on it. That was important for me because i like to watch Animes on it and they are normally hosted on Streaming sites that use Flash based Video Players. Way better than any I Pad for me!