The Lars Von Trier Collection (Blu-Ray Boxset) [UK]

Mar 16, 2013
Tasmania
Purchase:
Amazon
Zavvi
Release date: 8th December 2014
Includes: Nymphomaniac Vol. I & Vol. II, Melancholia, Antichrist, Breaking the Waves

lars.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, ordered from Amazon for £33.38. Zavvi are currently asking £59.99... no-brainer there!

That Amazon price is great. They have Nymphomaniac 1 and 2 priced at £19+ so like 13 quid for the other 3. I already have Melancholia and Anti-Christ but could easily offload them for a small amount on Ebay and make up the difference as well as getting Breaking The Waves too. Very tempted, would like to see the artwork!

Up to 43.25 on Amazon now. Still 16 quid cheaper than zavvi. Luckily I ordered at the cheaper price just in case, I have asked if they can get hold of the artwork too so hopefully might get an idea of what it looks like soon. Predicting a basic cardboard slip pack with each individual film in but might be something more interesting.

Yet another release date change... November 10th.

Will this ever be released?!

This must've been pushed back AGAIN, since I haven't received mine or even had an email confirming its dispatch. They have finally uploaded an image of the front artwork though...

lars.jpg

Zentropa is a film company....
@Fisheds
ZENTROPA is the name of Von Trier's film company. He also named the film company after his film's U.S. release title.
In Europe it was called by its original title 'EUROPA'. In the States it was released as 'ZENTROPA'. It was released the same year as the film 'EUROPA, EUROPA' and Von Trier's film was renamed to avoid confusion with the other film. I guess he liked the name, so used it as his company name...
**CRITERION COLLECTION and home video has returned to the original title 'EUROPA', but for years, it was available only as ZENTROPA.
item_2649_1.jpg

Last edited:
ZENTROPA (EUROPA) was great flick. Otherwise, he's just a massive ****. And you can quote me on that.:wtf:

Europa is wonderful film ... remember when i saw it 1st time on vhs.

BUT. anti christ, melancholy and riget are also great.

so i'll quote you and you're dead wrong.

IMO

Reactions: severo
Europa is wonderful film ... remember when i saw it 1st time on vhs.

BUT. anti christ, melancholy and riget are also great.

so i'll quote you and you're dead wrong.

IMO
I'll cut him some slack on Breaking The Waves and Melancholia... But Antichrist was utterly ridiculous to me. One man's poetry is another man's trash, I guess... Antichrist is a film I would use as a visual example to visiting aliens who want to know what the word 'PRETENTIOUS' means. Imo, of course...;)
image.jpg