VHS/Other The Laserdisc Collection/Discussion Thread

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
300px-LaserDisc.svg.png

Hi All,

If you ever collected these, or still do, feel free to chat here.

Have fun!

DB

I have TWO laserdisc players. An ancient (as far as technology is concerned) Pioneer LD-1100 top loader in a beige plastic thats about 30 years old and uses a tube laser, and a somewhat more advanced Pioneer CLD-D515 which plays CD's, is NTSC capable, plays both sides of a laserdisc, and so on. I'm going to see if I can sell the C515, and the LD-1100 really belongs in a museum. I have a few music discs, like 'Adam and the Ants - live in Japan', Toyah, Duran Duran and Kate Bush, all of which never made it to other formats (mostly perhaps for a good reason...). Oh yes, and the 'saucy' (for the time) Caledonian Dreams, featuring young ladies cavorting around in the surf topless.

Reactions: bd251
Yeah its in mint condition. I've got the others in the set. Snow white, sleeping beauty, Toy Story, Pocahontus and Wizard of Oz.

Will get some photographs of them.

They really did put a lot of effort into this collections :D

Reactions: Drum18
Just got this in today:) Indiana Jones Trilogy (JP) LD on the day of the BD release here in the US. How about that?

IMG_0697_zpsccd6bdda.jpg

More pics
Five discs including all three movies and a making of Raiders of the Lost Ark disc.
IMG_0706_zps7ee91c71.jpg

The Last Crusade (2 discs)
IMG_0707_zps6506a85f.jpg

Bonus booklet
IMG_0703_zps7fb3ef34.jpg

Next to the BTTF JP box set
IMG_0699_zpsfc7cdcb6.jpg

No. The last LDs were made in the early 2000s, I believe, and LD tech actually made way for the CD! I only started collecting about 2 years ago. I was reading about LD and discovered that it's actually an important part of home movie viewing history so I bought a player and a few movies off craigslist. It makes a good conversation starter sitting with all my other equipment:) Call me crazy for collecting an old format but I really like the nice box sets as you probably niticed;)

The box sets I have so far are Fantasia Special Edition (US, 1991), the Indiana Jones Trilogy (JP, 1993), BTTF Trilogy (JP), and the Godfather Trilogy 1901-1980 (US, 1992) which is all 3 movies edited together chronologically. Its a really nice set and should be pictured earlier in this thread. I also have the Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy (JP) on the way. I also have about 15 other movies on LD as well.

Wow! Those Disney LDs look amazing! EEK!

Here are a couple from my collection.

Attachments

• SM1.jpg
    SM1.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 160
  • SM2.jpg
    SM2.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 161
  • TS1.jpg
    TS1.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 150
  • TS2.jpg
    TS2.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 165
  • 71.jpg
    71.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 72.jpg
    72.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 167
  • A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 155
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 160
I sold my player and collection about 12 years ago because I needed the money. I've since bought the same model player (Pioneer 515) and purchased 100 or so Discs. Every now and then I pick something up when the price is right. Great format!

Reactions: bd251
Got my CLD-515 in the mid 90's. Always wanted 925 or 909 (which was gold and played dvd and laserdisc). Most I ever paid for LaserDisc was £120 for The Man Who Fell To Earth. The 515 bit the dust unfortunatley,but I've still got about 100 discs. The artwork is great, especially some of the gatefold editions.

Hello

I am looking for some laserdisc

U.S. or Japan

who sells them?

I have some to exchange or sell very many.

I have twice in the 300-500 copies

from Germany all the astros

thank you