The Lion King (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive: Disney Collection #26) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: December 8th, 2014
Purchase link: The Lion King
Price: £20.99
Notes: Limited to 4000

The others: Zavvi Exclusive: The Disney Collection Blu-ray SteelBooks

02.jpg

03.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg
01.jpg 04.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 638
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, Monday, i also received Tarzan, Warrior & Sleeping Beauty but that arrived damaged, on Monday also
I received Tarzan and Sleeping Beauty on Monday the 8th (4 days delivery)
I received Snow White on Monday 15th (11 days delivery) that's was late to my usual times

I received Beauty and the Beast today (7 days delivery)

That's why I'm wondering were is my order is as I usually get them 4 to 7 days on average with most in 4 days
That's including weekend days its even less if you take away sat/sun

I hope I get Lion King by Monday 22 at the latest
The longer its in transit its got more chances to arrive damaged or end up in wrong location
and then go on a merry go around the world

I have had only one order from zavvi in the past were it took 22 days and that was because it went to the wrong country even though the address was correct

I have all of the Disney Collection except Lion King so if I don't get my Lion King I will be mega annoyed as its the one I wanted the most of the collection and would mean the collection not complete
I ordered it within a few seconds the day it went live

Last edited:
I received Tarzan and Sleeping Beauty on Monday the 8th (4 days delivery)
I received Snow White on Monday 15th (11 days delivery) that's was late to my usual times

I received Beauty and the Beast today (7 days delivery)

That's why I'm wondering were is my order is as I usually get them 4 to 7 days on average with most in 4 days
That's including weekend days its even less if you take away sat/sun

I hope I get Lion King by Monday 22 at the latest
The longer its in transit its got more chances to arrive damaged or end up in wrong location
and then go on a merry go around the world

I have had only one order from zavvi in the past were it took 22 days and that was because it went to the wrong country even though the address was correct

I have all of the Disney Collection except Lion King so if I don't get my Lion King I will be mega annoyed as its the one I wanted the most of the collection and would mean the collection not complete
I ordered it within a few seconds the day it went live

I am still waiting on Beauty and the Beast myself, hoping it arrives tomorrow. Hopefully all goes well and the Lion King arrives tomorrow in perfect condition for you, i'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Reactions: paulboland
I am still awaiting this....how do all the experts feel this compares to the amazing Taiwan version which had all the debossing/embossing? I only have the Best Buy metal case, and I think both the Taiwan version and this Zavvi version are superior to it. But between those two, I am not yet sure which is the better one....don't want to have to keep both!!!

I think this Zavvi release is excellent. The gloss finish, the tasteful Em/debossing, the artwork (front/back/inside), and the 3D, and region-free all add up to one of my favorite steelbooks of the year.

Top Disney Steels: all from Zavvi
1. Maleficent
2. Tangled
3. Lion King
4. I don't own Beauty and the Beast...yet

Good job Disney/Zavvi, and I expect Pixar to take it up a notch, and stop giving us bare bones single disc steelbooks. The incredibles is underwhelming...

Yes, the Asian steelbook is still king, even with that horrible blu-ray banner on top. I thought this Zavvi release would look better than this. I liked the mockup, but in hand it's a little disappointing. And that random embossing doesn't make it better. And both my copies are misaligned.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches