The Lone Ranger (Lenticular) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: March 27, 2017
Purchase link: The Lone Ranger (Pre-orders will be live around 6 PM UK time on March 4)
Price: £17.99

11408851-1374458444985236.jpg

11408851-8144458447643506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait to see the in hand pics on this one, love the artwork they chose and like many have said this release has a much better design than the previous one

Will see how it looks before I order, this one and Fantasia

I'm really happy with the steel it maybe matte but the back has a bit of a sheen to it and the inside art is good too.
Lenti is aliegned which is good., Disney have go a lot better with these.

Provided the lenti matches up and isn't too dark, I'd say the quality is going up on these lenticular releases/re-releases. The lentis line up, at least one title's got embossing, the designs are improving. @zavvi is listening to us!

A better look at this Zavvi steelbook and lenti can be had here:-

Certainly not an ugly steelbook with a nice zero finish sheen to it particularly on the goldy front.
Lenti looks like it has minimal movement / depth which is the trouble with thin lentis and the back looks to me to be a bit on the dark side.

Price isn't extortionate and will be picking this one up to go with the previous and although the first one in a silver colour pays homage to the traditional Lone Ranger cry of "Hi-yo, Silver" the gold one looks almost as interesting . . . but wins out in the end thanks to the spine title.

. . . with a quick reminder of the silver steelbook that went before:-
iIi
V

Last edited:
Reactions: Lionet and robbodoc