UK
Release date: January 23, 2017
Purchase link: The Magnificent Seven
Price: £19.99

mag&-hmv.jpg

01-384437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen this instore and it looks shocking,

The spot gloss on the gold looked like brushed metal.

It may not be a stunner, but I quite like it. The pale grey background and gold spot gloss on the '7' and characters, along with the gold 'splashes' in my opinion looks rather nice. I can understand though that some may find it a bit underwhelming.

Sorry about the poor photos :sorry:.

DSCF6033.JPG DSCF6035.JPG

Yes, maybe not a magnificent steelbook but imo the better of the two thanks to the creative treatment of the "7" inspired by the similar treatment on the poster for the original 1960 re-make as well as the presence of inside art.
My favourite however remains the simple elegant design of the original original . . .
upload_2017-1-23_16-6-1.png

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
that would be shore as im confident its not the greatest, and geordie shore bloody hell mate, im from norfolk, no ant and dec fans here lol:):)
Then that would be "sure", not "shore", which was my original point :). Thought perhaps you had just made a typo rather than used the wrong smelling... er... spelling. lol :thumbs:

BTW, I used to work with someone called Shaw (actually can't remember how that was spelt), so you can imagine the jokes - "are you Shaw/sure?" etc. Although that was well before the days of Geordie Shore, though, so at least he was spared any in relation to that!

Oh, and my other half is a Geordie lass, so I'd better be careful there, too!!!

Back on topic, though - I've received my copy today and, once unwrapped, I think it looks ok. I agree, not the best, but not all that bad either. I quite like the overall effect and the more subtle colour palette. Seems to suit the type of film,really. Anyway, that's my opinion, and each to their own, as they say! :D

Last edited:
Then that would be "sure", not "shore", which was my original point :). Thought perhaps you had just made a typo rather than used the wrong smelling... er... spelling. lol :thumbs:

BTW, I used to work with someone called Shaw (actually can't remember how that was spelt), so you can imagine the jokes - "are you Shaw/sure?" etc. Although that was well before the days of Geordie Shore, though, so at least he was spared any in relation to that!

Oh, and my other half is a Geordie lass, so I'd better be careful there, too!!!

Back on topic, though - I've received my copy today and, once unwrapped, I think it looks ok. I agree, not the best, but not all that bad either. I quite like the overall effect and the more subtle colour palette. Seems to suit the type of film,really. Anyway, that's my opinion, and each to their own, as they say! :D
i stand corrected sir, i was having a moment totally didnt look at the sentence correctly lol, and i am still sure lol, im yet to unwrap but when i re-watch will do, for a score one certainly cant complain, the movie itself is good, if i could find one flaw it was chris pratts portrayal of mcqueen, was way off, but i did enjoy the small hints of the original soundtrack and loved how the indian who portrayed james coburns character big respect there,:thumbs:

i stand corrected sir, i was having a moment totally didnt look at the sentence correctly lol, and i am still sure lol, im yet to unwrap but when i re-watch will do, for a score one certainly cant complain, the movie itself is good, if i could find one flaw it was chris pratts portrayal of mcqueen, was way off, but i did enjoy the small hints of the original soundtrack and loved how the indian who portrayed james coburns character big respect there,:thumbs:
No problem - we all make honest mistakes from time to time, especially when in a hurry! Anyway, looking forward to watching this when I get around to it...

• Thanks
Reactions: yardman
Though this looked a bit insipid while shrinkwrapped , once I had unwrapped my copy...... actually in hand it's very nice.

The finish is a high quality satin finish that is very smooth and the spot gloss works well.

So overall pretty happy and it's miles better than the WWA
Now all it needs is @zesty custom lenticular slip (hint hint)

Though this looked a bit insipid while shrinkwrapped , once I had unwrapped my copy...... actually in hand it's very nice.

The finish is a high quality satin finish that is very smooth and the spot gloss works well.

So overall pretty happy and it's miles better than the WWA
Now all it needs is @zesty custom lenticular slip (hint hint)

Keep an eye during Ninja week :naughty::thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: StifflersDad
Looks pretty decent to me... love the glossy gold against the pale silver background. Shame I didn't rate the film much, but may pick it up if/once it drops to around £10.

Opened up it's a nice steel. Not spectacular but very nice ass the same.

I love spot gloss and I loved the film so it ticks all the boxes for me.