Release Date: 1/12/15
Order Links: :amazon:

2D Edition
Martian_2D.jpg

3D Edition
Martian_3D.jpg

popcorn2.gif

martian_banner.jpg

I hope 3D edition gets lenticular treatment...

I Personally Hope Not, I do not like very much Lenticulars on Amaray Releases. They feel Cheap on most of them. I Prefer just a Cardboard Slip either plain or some sort of embossed/debossed treatment. Just something that feels more Classy.

The Lentis for Steelbooks as we know them have more attention/care that is put into Them. They are also(as Opposed to the Amaray ones) Shrink Wrapped and Protected also to avoid Damage until we open them.

Last edited:
I don't know about lentis being nicer on steels. Plenty of lentis on steels have been lackluster. Ex Machina and The Pianist come to mind. And there have been awesome lentis on amaray releases, the most recent being the Pixels ones. I just don't like lentis in general though, they rarely are done right and if done wrong are pixellated and cheap/gimmicky.

@Netclone Looks just flat and boring. Disappointing.

@tridon Would have been nice if they had used some other art (as much as I love an extreme close up of Matt Damon's face...). They could have switched it up A LITTLE.

Reactions: lolwut
My 3D copy on order from Amazon.com, could not bare the so Huge bilingual Text already so much happening in this artwork....

I should receive this the next day after release as I selected Priority Shipping. Have not seen the movie yet waiting to see it in 3D.

Love Ridley Scott and Matt Damon (he is in one of my favorite movie ever Directed by Clint Eastwood and Produced by Steven Spielberg ''
Hereafter")

Was quite disappointed in this slip, but at least it has a title...

Could have been better, that's for certain.

Reactions: ash333
Was quite disappointed in this slip, but at least it has a title...

Could have been better, that's for certain.
I was also disappointed with the USA Slips for 'The Martian' :(... no embossing and not having a 3D Lenti was just a missed opportunity! :squint:
Oh well... :meh:

But I'm happy to have gotten the 2D for $15! :thumbs:
DSC00304.JPG

I was also disappointed with the USA Slips for 'The Martian' :(... no embossing and not having a 3D Lenti was just a missed opportunity! :squint:
Oh well... :meh:

But I'm happy to have gotten the 2D for $15! :thumbs:
View attachment 214591

For me I am happy sorry :bag: as I am not keen on 3D lenti on regular north american blu-ray releases.
True it has no special treatment but it is a nice quality Glossy slip, really nice quality !
Plus for those disappointed, lots will pick it up anyway !
It is much better for the copy to come with this Slipcover, rather than 'No slip at all' but instead just a blu-ray amaray case...

• Helpful Post
Reactions: bloodsnake007