Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 8th, 2016
Purchase link: The Martian
Price: £21.99
HDN Group Buy, Hosted by Naughtius Maximus - click HERE

01-133871.jpg

Last edited:
Why does everyone keep saying this is title-less??? The artwork on Hurt Locker, Pixels and Hotel Transylvania 2 are ALL title-less on steelbook.com . It doesn't mean the are or will be when released.

Why does everyone keep saying this is title-less??? The artwork on Hurt Locker, Pixels and Hotel Transylvania 2 are ALL title-less on steelbook.com . It doesn't mean the are or will be when released.

I don't understand what you say. All the artworks on steelbook.com are definitive (no ?). Pixels for exemple is like that, with title on the spine (not title less !)

Reactions: goufcustom
I finally saw this today and liked it. So a 3D steelbook it is!

I had no desire to see Gravity or Interstellar again.

Now I'm not usually one for nitpicking, but being interested in all things spacebased, looking at the left side of the steelbook, the reflection of the 'Martian' Landscape in the visor seems to be very odd, I've never seen it look so blue and bright !, you would be mistaken for thinking that this was an image from Earth.....

The Martian atmosphere would never be that bright (sun is further away) and the atmospheric gas/element composition wouldn't make it blue like that either. OK nerd comment is now finished...sorry.:rolleyes:

As for the Steelbook overall, I'm just not impressed, another matte, title less mess, but it does mean that I could swap over my Interstellar bluray disc and pretend I now have a UK Interstellar steelbook...:)

Well...

Looking at the photos from Mars taken by curiosity rover, I'd say the 'weather' is much better than an average winter day in England...and the sky looks blue to me. I know NASA has a habit of 'colour correcting' photos though.

pia19929.jpg

pia19839-galecrater-main.png

According to HMV.ie the release date for this is now 31/03/2016

On another note, if you use code NY2016 on Xtra-Vison and HMV sites you get 10% off (also works with Scorch Trials)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
I could have sworn that there was a FilmArena thread for this movie. But when I search there is none.

Strange that there is no Czech steelbook at all for this? Especially as it's from Fox?

i got confirmation from Scavano that this steelbook will in fact be title-less, see below

Hello Henry,

The European version if 'The Martian’ SteelBook does not have a title treatment. More than likely, it is represented that way on the retailer’s website because the retail packaging will include a slip with the title treatment.
At this point, Fox has chosen not to release a North American SteelBook of this film.

Have a great day,
MARCIN POGORZELSKI