The Martian (3D+2D Blu-ray Lenticular SteelBook) (MediaMarkt/Saturn Exclusive) [Germany]

merowinger

BANNED
Premium Supporter
May 28, 2013
CGN - GERMANY
Release date: February 18, 2016
Purchase links:
MediaMarkt
Saturn
Price: €32.99

Der-Marsianer---Rettet-Mark-Watney-(lim.-SteelBook™-mit-Lenticular)-[Blu-ray-3D].png

Last edited by a moderator:
Another lenti I will consider adding to my collection. See no problem with the title as it is meant to be consumed in Germany. Unlike Asian retailers who know a vast majority of their buyers are English speaking, the major buyers of these lenticular editions are Germans. Why cater to those who do not buy their editions :dunno:

Reactions: StifflersDad
Another lenti I will consider adding to my collection. See no problem with the title as it is meant to be consumed in Germany. Unlike Asian retailers who know a vast majority of their buyers are English speaking, the major buyers of these lenticular editions are Germans. Why cater to those who do not buy their editions :dunno:

Cause some actually would buy them if they werent in german? Find it silly with translated titles over all. Its stupid :/

Cause some actually would buy them if they werent in german? Find it silly with translated titles over all. Its stupid :/

In all fairness, I dont see any other studio / retailer catering to an invisible customer base. Will a UK release be subject to the same standard if a German would like to buy it? Will they provide the release in German / French / Spanish / Portuguese / Italian / Finnish..........or any other language for that matter? That would be unreasonable and no need to do that. Germans should be proud of their language. I for one have been buying them for years though I do not have any German heritage whatsoever. I quite like that I can always tell where my collection came from :)

I thought the movie was about Mars...not Matt Damon's Giant head on Mars. This will be travesty if this is the only version from every country. There ARE other options....
View attachment 204709

Yeah they go with the most boring movie poster, which looks like the standard lazy effort, I'll go for a premium release, not sure which one.

Maybe the Lenti improves this a bit (still not impressed) but the German title puts me off this one as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
Yeah they go with the most boring movie poster, which looks like the standard lazy effort, I'll go for a premium release, not sure which one.

Maybe the Lenti improves this a bit (still not impressed) but the German title puts me off this one as well.
I can deal with the German on some steelbooks (I love the Babadook one), but this combination of the art, and the placement of the title (the word "The" sideways- the Mark Watney subtitle....).
It just doesn't work.