UK
Release date: October 10, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi - Pre-order live Saturday 13 at 6 PM
Price: £21.99

1.jpg

11323363-1144408627608012.jpg
11323363-1134408627674063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a fantastic announcement. I'll be getting this for sure.

I wonder if FA or maybe BB will pick this up and put it in a slip? It's the extended edition after all and as the original (un)numbered editions prove, there's a big market for yet another The Martian premium release. However, we do not know whether this is an all Zavvi exclusive or it's coming to other countries, too, do we? In the first case, the idea of yet another slip by FA/BB would be unrealistic to begin with, I guess.

This is make or break depending on the finish. I'm not sure why they went for a sort of retro coloured design and the grainy light grey background
isn't exactly inspiring. If this is gloss or gloss and emboss/deboss then it could be great but standard matte I don't think will look too good in hand and a little dull.

It's early days so we will see.

Same here, if it had the 4k disc (even thought I can't play them yet) I'd bite. In face I can't figure out why we are not getting dual 4k/2k steelbooks already

• Thanks
Reactions: neo
I don't think I've ever seen such unanimous praise for any steelbook design. And I fully agree, it's fantastic. So glad I skipped all of the bland-looking premium releases from FA, Kimchi, etc.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Let's all use this Steelbook as a basis for what we want with Zavvi Steelbooks

It's like the only one in a year for me I really want to preorder

Is there any other difference other than not having the 3D and being 10 minutes longer?

Now that is a very nice Artwork, it should have been like this since the beginning...definitely will do a switch as this is going in My FAC Edition :naughty: ...this will complement the FAC Fullslip very much.

Hear, hear :cigar:. Looks fantastic :emb: and without a doubt I'll do a switch also. Besides my FAC steelbook had flaws so without a doubt this one goes in.

Reactions: Actarus
Oh shiz just realised this has no 3D.

Oh well, I skipped the last awful titleless steel in the hope somthing better would come with the extended version.

I can live without 3D on this film. The steel looks too good in my eyes

Looks weird with the title being on the spine.
:hilarious: