Release date: August 3rd, 2015
Purchase link: The Matrix
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I did say this the other week about these showing up at Zavvi, I caved last week and ordered the 3 Matrix steelbooks from amazon.fr for £31.55.

So a pass from me to, plus August is starting to get a little crowded now.

I'm a huge Matrix fan, so will be getting these... not at that price though! Chances are I'll eventually get them from Amazon.fr anyway, as it works out cheaper (unsurprisingly :rolleyes:).

Reactions: AlienKing
The Title on these Matrix Steelbook is debossed on all 3 films

I just looked at the French unboxing videos on youtube and they look decent

The Warner UK steelbooks will be the same ones as the Warner France Steelbooks

Reactions: 369 and AlienKing
Really...isn't there like 100 different Matrix Steelbooks from various countries now...WB love making steelbooks for this movie.

I assume its the same as France, which weren't bad steelbooks.

At least those who are missing this from their collection can get it, but the Amazon.fr versions probably work out cheaper.

I am sure these will drop in price a few weeks after release.
Correction; approximately 10 'steelbooks' for all three films. Excluding these 3 Zavvi (because they are the same as France) and any other metal versions. This is the first time Reloaded and Revolutions are on steelbooks separately. :)

I feel sorry for any collector that likes collecting Matrix steelbooks...they must have a bookcase full of them
Thanks for feeling sorry for me buddy, I appreciate it :sour:

Pass for me, there's already enough Matrix steels out there.
Not enough buddy, now enough! :rofl:

Why ?? Nobody at Warner listen to feedback ? Matrix deserve so much better.
Tell'em again brother, tell'em again. It's like they specifically hire deaf/blind people to work there :cautious::censored:

Reactions: Noodles
The Title on these Matrix Steelbook is debossed on all 3 films

I just looked at the French unboxing videos on youtube and they look decent

The Warner UK steelbooks will be the same ones as the Warner France Steelbooks
Thanks for the confirmation, I guess the only difference will be the j-card?

Reactions: paulboland
That's some pretty average artwork. Not dreadful but nothing special either, and to double dip it would really have to be.

Reactions: DJ IXS
It's kind of funny they announced these, I just watched my Japanese one last night! I can believe it! I still got impressed every time I watch it! Big pass on these editions for me!!!!

I'm new to this and it sure is getting expensive playing 'catch up'. It looks like I'm in the minority as I quite like these. Wrong side of £40 for the trilogy in my opinion though! :greedy:

Massive fan of these films especially the first film but I already own the white version and will possibly get these when they all drop to £5-£6 each

Email from Zavvi claiming there are less than 500 of each of these remaining. LOLOLOLOL - not that I would ever believe Zavvi at all, but do I really believe that they have sold so many of these turds so quickly? No.

Remember when I got a "less than 100" email that had Training Day and Lethal Weapon on it months ago. Both still in stock. Zavvi marketing is just too predictable.

The artwork on these three may be nothing special (with the second being the worst IMO) but for those people like myself who only have the first one from 2012 from the 'premium collection' it's good to have all three as a matching set and also with a bit of colour to the artwork and I do quite like that ripple effect on the spine of the mock-up.

Although it would be cheaper if each trilogy was released in one steelbook - and they would take up less shelf space! - it seems clear to me that a separate steelbooks for each film makes better economic sense to the distributor and retailer as they can ask GBP 40.48 in this case for all three (or GBP 30 for the three French steelbooks if you're not fussed by foreign writing on your j-cards and no B.B.F.C. logos) instead of maybe GBP 20 for a three-in-one.

Anyway, I'd like to thank Zavvi and others for bringing me a whole lot of decent matching sets recently.
Just give me the 'Back to the Future' trilogy in three matching steelbooks and I'll be content.

You take the white Steel, you'll wake up and having nothing to worry about.
You take the Blue Steels, you'll see just how far down the bottom of your wallet goes....