Release date: August 3rd, 2015
Purchase link: The Matrix
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Certainly a saving if you buy the 3-in1 German steelbook but that artwork is very familiar and I recognise it from the Amaray boxset trilogy - at least these three steelbooks have new and different artwork.

Reactions: paulboland
Certainly a saving if you buy the 3-in1 German steelbook but that artwork is very familiar and I recognise it from the Amaray boxset trilogy - at least these three steelbooks have new and different artwork.

I'll still take the 3-in 1 German version, better deal and better art :thumbs: Plus I'm sure those Zavvi ones will be a matte finish and washed out.

Reactions: MrBMT
I'll still take the 3-in 1 German version, better deal and better art :thumbs: Plus I'm sure those Zavvi ones will be a matte finish and washed out.

Not seeing "better art" - just seeing three poky images pasted in the centre surrounded by parallel strIpes of black and green.

I don't know what finish they will have but they look pretty colourful and glossy to my eyes.

Can't take issue with you over which is the 'better' deal but a 3-in-1 steelbook or 3 separate steelbooks that's clearly a matter of personal preference.

I personally prefer separate as you never know if the studios will bring out a fourth or fifth - although of course there's no guarantee that the fourth will match the previous three, alas.

Reactions: 369
Not seeing "better art" - just seeing three poky images pasted in the centre surrounded by parallel strIpes of black and green.

I don't know what finish they will have but they look pretty colourful and glossy to my eyes.

Can't take issue with you over which is the 'better' deal but a 3-in-1 steelbook or 3 separate steelbooks that's clearly a matter of personal preference.

I personally prefer separate as you never know if the studios will bring out a fourth or fifth - although of course there's no guarantee that the fourth will match the previous three, alas.
If they look the same as the French ones they will be a matte finish.

I have just recently got hold of the french steelbooks and I can say there may not be the best steelbooks on the market but I'm a Big Matrix fan so I love them (loving the debossed titles), so after owning the amaray trilogy since release and the UK white edition of the Matrix I have been waiting the own 2 & 3 in steelbook so I had to have them has I couldn't wait any longer. I can see Zavvi's being the same editions has the french (but then again strange things can happen just look at Kick-Ass 2 UK vs German steelbooks).

Reactions: luke98
I have just recently got hold of the french steelbooks and I can say there may not be the best steelbooks on the market but I'm a Big Matrix fan so I love them (loving the debossed titles), so after owning the amaray trilogy since release and the UK white edition of the Matrix I have been waiting the own 2 & 3 in steelbook so I had to have them has I couldn't wait any longer. I can see Zavvi's being the same editions has the french (but then again strange things can happen just look at Kick-Ass 2 UK vs German steelbooks).

If you are referring to the debossed title on the German 'K.A. 2' and not on the U.K. I believe these U.K. 'Matrix' steelbooks do have debossed titles . . .

If you are referring to the debossed title on the German 'K.A. 2' and not on the U.K. I believe these U.K. 'Matrix' steelbooks do have debossed titles . . .

Yes I was meaning that, but I wasn't meaning just the debossed titles, the UK matrix trilogy steelbooks could come glossed/spot glossed it could even a boarder and embossed title. You just never know what could happen or it will 100% the same but with an English J-card.

Yes I was meaning that, but I wasn't meaning just the debossed titles, the UK matrix trilogy steelbooks could come glossed/spot glossed it could even a boarder and embossed title. You just never know what could happen or it will 100% the same but with an English J-card.

Yes, of course you are quite correct and until any steelbook is in hand it's not possible to state categorically that just because a print run is shared with France or Germany or whichever country that they will all be EXACTLY the same as there may be subtle differences not including the obvious such as different languages on the j-card.

Regarding these 3 steelbooks: according to @sigil in post 45 a matte finish like the French editions is more than likely and according to other sources we can expect debossed titles.

Regarding a border: I'd say that a border would be completely unnecessary and unsuitable with this artwork and a big mistake.

As you have the French editions maybe you could let us know if they have any spot glossing and where.

Yes, of course you are quite correct and until any steelbook is in hand it's not possible to state categorically that just because a print run is shared with France or Germany or whichever country that they will all be EXACTLY the same as there may be subtle differences not including the obvious such as different languages on the j-card.

Regarding these 3 steelbooks: according to @sigil in post 45 a matte finish like the French editions is more than likely and according to other sources we can expect debossed titles.

Regarding a border: I'd say that a border would be completely unnecessary and unsuitable with this artwork and a big mistake.

As you have the French editions maybe you could let us know if they have any spot glossing and where.

The french ones do have a matte finish (which i think is a really good matte finish) just a shame about the poor quality artwork and washed out colours compared to the UK amarays.
all.jpg
But if your a Matrix fan and want the separates steels I'd say get them regardless of how the french ones are.

The french ones do have a matte finish (which i think is a really good matte finish) just a shame about the poor quality artwork and washed out colours compared to the UK amarays. But if your a Matrix fan and want the separates steels I'd say get them regardless of how the french ones are.

Many thanks @huggy2k4 for the pics.
Oh, dear, I do see what you mean - they do look quite 'flat' compared to the mock-ups and 'Revolutions' looks like it's been left out in the rain too long.

I have the UK Green Trilogy Box set that has a nice finish and its glossy

I was thinking of getting the German trilogy steelbook its nice but its the same as the box set cover

I did not like the Warner premium steelbook the image fades out at different angles like it does with most of those premium steelbooks

I like the look of these individual steelbooks and have all 3 on pre-order but I suspect they might end up having a price drop at a later stage
I will decide closer to release date if I keep my order or wait till later

Yes its cheaper to get the trilogy steelbook but IMO its nicer to have individual steelbooks of the films

I have the UK Green Trilogy Box set that has a nice finish and its glossy

I was thinking of getting the German trilogy steelbook its nice but its the same as the box set cover

I did not like the Warner premium steelbook the image fades out at different angles like it does with most of those premium steelbooks

I like the look of these individual steelbooks and have all 3 on pre-order but I suspect they might end up having a price drop at a later stage
I will decide closer to release date if I keep my order or wait till later

Yes its cheaper to get the trilogy steelbook but IMO its nicer to have individual steelbooks of the films

I always wanted to get the german trilogy but hated the complete matrix trilogy title but loved the art work and finish, has for the warner premium edition same here and reason why I've never opened it (only bought because I thought we would get the premium trilogy plus I got it in a lightning deal). I love the individual steels, and if another Matrix trilogy is finally given the green light then (which would be brilliant and would be on 4K Blu-rays by then) so individuals would be the right choice.

I always wanted to get the german trilogy but hated the complete matrix trilogy title but loved the art work and finish, has for the warner premium edition same here and reason why I've never opened it (only bought because I thought we would get the premium trilogy plus I got it in a lightning deal). I love the individual steels, and if another Matrix trilogy is finally given the green light then (which would be brilliant and would be on 4K Blu-rays by then) so individuals would be the right choice.
Wow, are you the biggest 'Matrix' fan ? :)

Reactions: AlienKing