UK
Release date: March 25, 2015
Purchase links: FilmArena
Price: 539 CZK
Mini Group Buy: carllenc
Notes: Limited to 500 numbered copies

film_20991_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen pictures of the Blu-fans slip, I didn't see that it was going to be embossed?

I have seen the poster art for the Full Slip and it is not any art that has been used for a Slip I have seen for any other SB. I do know the Full Slip will be debossed and have spot gloss. I have not seen the finished product. They are OOS so Ebay you can go. I saw a copy for preorder selling for $85. The FA I saw go for $75 in an auction recently. Can't wait for the sequel to come out this fall!

Reactions: Sigill
Not sure if I should post this here, but I found this listed here among other FA exclusives reasonably priced (compared to the current going rate). Roughly around £34 shipped to the UK. I reckon they're trustworthy as I found it through their eBay outlet and they have good feedback.
Thanks for the link :notworthy:, might come in handy in the future. But I already have this :)

Reactions: Jaxxx and Actarus
Can't wait for the sequel to come out this fall!

Yes I saw the sequel was already set to release this year, they are quick on the back to back 2nd movie...it is Funny, I thought the movie was ok, I was expecting more Maze Scenes... but I fell in Love with the steel, what an amazing Steelbook, a really amazing quality well designed WWA Steel !!! and that is at the base of the packages that we have available to us, the Taiwan which I picked up so fast, really nice 1/4 slip, the Blufans but the one I think is the best of them all is the FA, same steel but amazing package and really nice quality Slipcover and the Bonus pictures this makes it a really nice little gem of a package. The FA versions Wave will be amongst the best exclusives made for 2015...

Yes I saw the sequel was already set to release this year, they are quick on the back to back 2nd movie...it is Funny, I thought the movie was ok, I was expecting more Maze Scenes... but I fell in Love with the steel, what an amazing Steelbook, a really amazing quality well designed WWA Steel !!! and that is at the base of the packages that we have available to us, the Taiwan which I picked up so fast, really nice 1/4 slip, the Blufans but the one I think is the best of them all is the FA, same steel but amazing package and really nice quality Slipcover and the Bonus pictures this makes it a really nice little gem of a package. The FA versions Wave will be amongst the best exclusives made for 2015...
I agree FA looks certainly strong coming out of the gates this year. Only missing Get on Up and ASSB luckily. Hope I can trade for a copy of ASSB but with only 100 copies, going to be tough to find. They need to start picking better titles would not have bought two of the last 3 if I was not collecting them all. Are they done with only Minions left, which isn't even out in theaters left? I don't see any more info they will have released everything in the next month except Minions which is on their 2015 Film Arena Collection literature which has been on their site since the beginning of the year. You know of anything else as far as plans to continue releasing any more titles other than Minions in 2015.

yes they are still going strong but they removed the upcoming titles section, now they replaced with what was already released or soon to be, but they will keep on coming out with titles, they started the year strong I doubt they would slow down. with more complex package in the veins like Hunger Games and Exodus, I believe their package will only get better and better. They are working on a better shrink wrap already as it was brought up to their attention that many copies were not sealed right or had shrink wrap tear... they are working on it...

what is funny is that they made me interested in purchasing a movie package that I would not have bought otherwise, that is something difficult to do... I thought Dracula was so so and I am crazy about their release of it, it is stunning... same with Exodus I am not interested in the movie that much but what a beautiful package, had to grab one... if they can do that, imagine with titles we will be interested fully in, well like Maze runner hehe John Wick is also scheduled to be one of the FA collection numbered release... so that means a nice sweet package to go with that !

Reactions: C.C. 95
Just got my 6 steelbooks from @carllenc today. Maze runner is by far my favorite. I had no idea how great this WWA steelbook is too. Top it off with a really cool slip. The number cards are better than kimchi imo. Almost feel like my discover card lol. Yeah, the shrink wrapping isn't the best, but I am -happy- each steelbook was shrinked before going into the full slip.

I hope film arena starts releasing other steelbooks, the film arena collection can go in so many directions. I'd love some WEA so they can decide which steelbook to release. As it stands now, they're just piggybacking all the WWA releases. Not saying that is a bad thing at all.

Yes for now it is only WWA steel they will use for their exclusive Film Arena Collection... they are just starting and only have the little toe dipped into the water...

Indeed Maze Runner is Insanely Beautiful and the WWA steel is in fact one of the nicest steel that was released this year. The details and the artwork, the finish(spot Gloss oufff on both steel and slip) is just amazing. And what I was told is that they even inspect each steelbook before putting it into their custom made slipcovers and any even small imperfection and they discard the steel.
It does have the feel of quality all over it. It is also one of my favorite with Dracula Untold and AASB.
I am happy you got your steels mate and can enjoy them :)
I will post picture of mine tomorrow, will probably crack one open just for you :p

• Informative
Reactions: nicblue
I've ordered this from a website. Film Arena are the best European Steelbook retailer. No questions asked. Hopefully more low key retailers follow suit with game changing results.

I hope they do Avengers: Age of Ultron with a numbered slip plus goodies. A Marvel title can boost their recognition with collectors and their acknowledgement as a vendor will soar. As much as I want them to remain a small independent retailer I think it's only right they receive enough wide acclaim. The increasing demand will help provide the resources needed to continue this foray into greatness. Much deserved IMHO. :thumbs:

I've ordered this from a website. Film Arena are the best European Steelbook retailer. No questions asked. Hopefully more low key retailers follow suit with game changing results.

I hope they do Avengers: Age of Ultron with a numbered slip plus goodies. A Marvel title can boost their recognition with collectors and their acknowledgement as a vendor will soar. As much as I want them to remain a small independent retailer I think it's only right they receive enough wide acclaim. The increasing demand will help provide the resources needed to continue this foray into greatness. Much deserved IMHO. :thumbs:

Indeed I agree ! Although they already have advertised all their releases for Avengers Age of Ultron and it is a regular release will not be part of the Film Arena Collection. Unless there is a last minute change but I doubt it.

@Actarus I didn't know they inspected each steel before putting it in their slip. That is really cool. I've opened them all to check out the cards/slips but not the steels (other than maze, which is mint!). Which one do you plan on opening?! In my opinion, this one and Dracula are the best slips. I also find the art cards better than nova and kimchis as well.

Huge thanks to @carllenc man :)

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
@Actarus I didn't know they inspected each steel before putting it in their slip. That is really cool. I've opened them all to check out the cards/slips but not the steels (other than maze, which is mint!). Which one do you plan on opening?! In my opinion, this one and Dracula are the best slips. I also find the art cards better than nova and kimchis as well.

Huge thanks to @carllenc man :)

Yes they do I was surprised so we don't have to worry about if the steel is damaged, they really want to make quality packages... but I don't know if you have noticed, but they have had a lot of issues with the shrink wrap on the releases up to now, the shrink wrap doesn't seal right or it can have holes (like a quarter size) or tears easy in front or back and also scratches easy, their shrink wrap is too think to shrink wrap the final package. I messaged them to let them know and my feedback was welcomed as they really seem to want to improve the quality of their releases...so if you notice that as well, passing the comment along directly to them would be a great thing to do...for our future releases to have a better shrink wrap.

Yes I heard the cards were really quality and despite someone complaining that the photo cards were too big, I think it is cool that they made nice quality cards the size of the slip, same as blufans did with Kung Fu Panda 1 and 2, I can't wait to see. I will open Dracula Untold as the slip looks so nice and also The Maze Runner and will open the steel as I want to see this beauty. I did not open my Taiwan copies and since I double dipped on the Maze and the slip is so Nice I definitely want to open some Film Arena Releases...

@Actarus Yeah, I did notice the shrink problems. My head copy had marks like something was dragged across it, kinda like fingernail marks. Of course it left marks on the actual slip since it heat was black and the texture is easily scratched. Not a huge problem though. The art cards are kind of big..the packaging sticks out of the full slip a little too once opened.

@Actarus Yeah, I did notice the shrink problems. My head copy had marks like something was dragged across it, kinda like fingernail marks. Of course it left marks on the actual slip since it heat was black and the texture is easily scratched. Not a huge problem though. The art cards are kind of big..the packaging sticks out of the full slip a little too once opened.

I would really beg you to take the time to write an email to film arena and let them know about the Shrink wrap issue and to mention the problems due to the think shrink wrap and to let them know your opinion on their shrink wrap as if we don't pass our feedbacks, there will be maybe no improvement or may take much much much more time...and they are very receptive to feedback I found, if ever you want here is the link and let them know, we pay money to have those wonderful slip and I am sure like us they don't want us to receive damaged Slip cover since they put so much effort into them [email protected]

• Informative
Not sure if I should post this here, but I found this listed here among other FA exclusives reasonably priced (compared to the current going rate). Roughly around £34 shipped to the UK. I reckon they're trustworthy as I found it through their eBay outlet and they have good feedback.

My Steelbook from "Steelarchive" just arrived today :) In TOP Condition :) I really love it!! Its so beautiful!! So happy i got one!!! Got No. 481 :)

Reactions: UpsetSmiley
My Steelbook from "Steelarchive" just arrived today :) In TOP Condition :) I really love it!! Its so beautiful!! So happy i got one!!! Got No. 481 :)

Yeah, same here! :thumbs:

Mine arrived a few days ago, packaged very well with lots of bubble wrap. Worked out cheaper than the scalpers on the bay. No. 489.