Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 9th, 2015
Purchase link: HMV (UK shipping only)
Price: £18
Group Buy: Naughtius Maximus

01-240174.jpg

Last edited:
Oh dear oh dear oh dear! This is a great looking steelbook, but I've just watched the movie and it's so bad I don't know where to begin. If your blind buying this, I'd recommend watching it first.

My problems with it were this: (*warning-spoilers ahead if you haven't seen the movie already*)
.During a global disaster would anyone have the funds or even care to put a few kids in a situation to monitor their brain patterns? Surely there are other more important matters to concentrate on?I mean how much did that maze cost to construct and run??

.Who or how did they make the spider creatures? Another waste of huge resources during s global epidemic?

. When people got stung it was obviously the brain bug that they are trying to find a cure for (although it's not very clear in the film) then how is there an antidote supplied for it?

. Why would that tough kid who wanted to remain in the glade risk his life and get stung only to stop the others from leaving?

. I haven't read the books, but are we supposed to know what the story is with the soldiers shooting everyone at the end and the woman that blows her brains out being alive?? It was utter bullshit. There are many other huge plot holes but I won't go on....
Ha ha ha ha u brilliant

I've not see this film, just a trailer.

Bought it this morning, when I picked up my Nightcrawler pre-order, as it looks very good in hand.

Hope the film is as good as the steelbook!

Can someone do me a favour please and check to see if this works in their PS3, just tried playing it and it won't read the disc an tries to spit it back out.
Thanks

Okay so I rang my local store and they have none left but the store near where my mum works does and they have saved me a copy so she can replace it on Tuesday (just hope that's not damaged as mine was a perfect copy lol) but if any one can check this in their PS3 to see if it works I would be grateful. Cheers

Okay so I rang my local store and they have none left but the store near where my mum works does and they have saved me a copy so she can replace it on Tuesday (just hope that's not damaged as mine was a perfect copy lol) but if any one can check this in their PS3 to see if it works I would be grateful. Cheers
Could you not just replace the disc? Why return the whole lot?

Could you not just replace the disc? Why return the whole lot?

Well I could yeah, but I'm not sure if they will open a new copy and do that considering it's just the steelbook version that's uncut and a 15. Plus it's my mum doing the exchange in her lunch break and she don't have a clue about all this stuff lol so they might even do that at the counter, I just rang them and asked to store a copy with my name behind the counter for Tuesday. If they want to just swap the discs then thats fine by me! When I worked there we just gave them a brand new package unless it was a pre owned game

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Well I could yeah, but I'm not sure if they will open a new copy and do that considering it's just the steelbook version that's uncut and a 15. Plus it's my mum doing the exchange in her lunch break and she don't have a clue about all this stuff lol so they might even do that at the counter, I just rang them and asked to store a copy with my name behind the counter for Tuesday. If they want to just swap the discs then thats fine by me! When I worked there we just gave them a brand new package unless it was a pre owned game
Oh yeah. I forgot there's a difference between the Steelbook disc and the regular Blu ray. Bummer. I was thinking they could just give you an Amaray copy :banghead:

Reactions: Flloydo
Oh yeah. I forgot there's a difference between the Steelbook disc and the regular Blu ray. Bummer. I was thinking they could just give you an Amaray copy :banghead:

Yeah it is a bit annoying, otherwise would go to my closest store and get them to open up the Amaray.

She's knows not to knock the case or bash it about tho. She just looked at me like "you sad ****" lol

Sorry I've not been paying attention to this thread but what is the difference between the amaray and steelbook disc?

@Kashby
The steelbook is uncut and rated a 15 in the UK. Seems to be the only version you can get with that rating and extra material over here the amaray is standard version rated a 12 aswell as the dvd. Not sure about other countries tho

Reactions: Kashby
@Kashby
The steelbook is uncut and rated a 15 in the UK. Seems to be the only version you can get with that rating and extra material over here the amaray is standard version rated a 12 aswell as the dvd. Not sure about other countries tho

Thanks mate, happy to hear that steelbook releases are getting different disc to the amaray versions.

Thanks mate, happy to hear that steelbook releases are getting different disc to the amaray versions.

Except when you get a dodgy disc and it won't play and the steelbook version is selling out fast in certain areas. Then it's harder to replace it lol but luckily the store near where my mum works has a copy for me and she has been kind enough to exchange it for me

Can someone in the UK do me a massive favour and check to see if this disc works in their PS3, just got my replacement and its doing the same thing, won't read it and sounds like it spitting it out after about 20 seconds and nothing comes up. That's the 2nd disc from two different hmvs now.
Thanks

Can someone in the UK do me a massive favour and check to see if this disc works in their PS3, just got my replacement and its doing the same thing, won't read it and sounds like it spitting it out after about 20 seconds and nothing comes up. That's the 2nd disc from two different hmvs now.
Thanks

Works in mine! :thumbs:

Works in mine! :thumbs:

That's really odd, Mine is the PS3 with disc slot and not the one with the tray on top that you open yourself so not sure if that makes a difference at all. What PS3 do you have?
Thanks for getting back to me

That's really odd, Mine is the PS3 with disc slot and not the one with the tray on top that you open yourself so not sure if that makes a difference at all. What PS3 do you have?
Thanks for getting back to me

Mine is the old style front loading model with the glossy exterior.

Woah, I don't know what just happend but I put another fox disc in and then this and it worked! Very weird

I must of put the last disc in over 20 times and then this disc 5 or 6 so I thought let me try another fox disc (avatar) which worked like normal and then I put this back in and it f*cking worked! Not sure what happened there but I'm sure someone on here will have a explanation

Last edited:
Reactions: BluSteel2012