Release date: July 4th, 2016
Purchase link: HMV
Price: £14.99
Group buy: hosted by Naughtius Maximus

The_mermaid_outside.fit-to-width.1000x1000.q80.png

The_mermaid_outside_open.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

The_mermaid_inside.fit-to-width.431x431.q80.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched this tonight, I enjoyed it a nice fairy tale. Definitely a Stephen Chow movie, right from the start his style & humour is on show.
It's not as funny as Journey to the West but I don't think it is trying to be though.
Recommended and I might track down a 3D copy as I think the FX would look better.

• Thanks
Reactions: cooey
I watched this tonight, I enjoyed it a nice fairy tale. Definitely a Stephen Chow movie, right from the start his style & humour is on show.
It's not as funny as Journey to the West but I don't think it is trying to be though.
Recommended and I might track down a 3D copy as I think the FX would look better.
Would you say it's as good as or better than Kung Fu Hustle and/or Shaolin Soccer? They're the only two of his that I've seen so far.

Would you say it's as good as or better than Kung Fu Hustle and/or Shaolin Soccer? They're the only two of his that I've seen so far.

You should watch Journey to the West, it's up there with Kung-Fu Hustle (maybe not quite as good). The Mermaid is more of a Romantic Fantasy Chow style, still funny. Very funny in places. Though quite different it probably rates around the same as Shaolin Soccer, personally I prefer the The Mermaid to SS but that's just me.

Reactions: Noodles
You should watch Journey to the West, it's up there with Kung-Fu Hustle (maybe not quite as good). The Mermaid is more of a Romantic Fantasy Chow style, still funny. Very funny in places. Though quite different it probably rates around the same as Shaolin Soccer, personally I prefer the The Mermaid to SS but that's just me.

Definitely not imo.
Thanks chaps! :)

Really enjoyed KFH, so I'll definitely check out Journey to the West at some point then. I wasn't the biggest fan of Shaolin Soccer, but it was still pretty fun in places. As for The Mermaid... I'll probably wait for the steelbook to hit the £8 mark and then obviously give it a watch.

• Thanks
Reactions: Chenhao
Ordered this and Creed ... worked out as £12.50 each at HMV...

Blind buy for Mermaid. But I own Kung Fu Hustle & Shoalin Soccer ... both great films.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Ordered this and Creed ... worked out as £12.50 each at HMV...

Blind buy for Mermaid. But I own Kung Fu Hustle & Shoalin Soccer ... both great films.

Yes, thinking of doing the same but waiting a while longer in hope of getting my hands on ATTACK ON TITAN: PART TWO in the "2 for GBP 25" promotion to join Part One thus dispatching four birds with one stone (instead of two and two).

Here is a UV Code for anyone who wants it, Just reply to post if its been taken.

DSC_1477.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_1477.jpg
    DSC_1477.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 149
  • Thanks
Reactions: yy0925