Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This will end up with a price drop like most of the other back catalogue releases limited to 2,000

I'm not in a rush to get this it's a back catalogue film release you will get it at a cheaper price in a few months
I would be extremely surprised if this sold out before a big price drop happened

Most of these similar releases that list as sold out for a period but come back in stock and stay in stock for a while and end up at a cheap price
Bronson I can see eventually end up as sold out first but even that will take a while especially after seeing in hand photos that will also have a price drop

This will end up with a price drop like most of the other back catalogue releases limited to 2,000

I'm not in a rush to get this it's a back catalogue film release you will get it at a cheaper price in a few months
I would be extremely surprised if this sold out before a big price drop happened

Most of these similar releases that list as sold out for a period but come back in stock and stay in stock for a while and end up at a cheap price
Bronson I can see eventually end up as sold out first but even that will take a while especially after seeing in hand photos that will also have a price drop

My thoughts exactly

I love the design on this! But I don't see much demand for it so I'll wait until it's around ~$10 USD to bite. Hope they do more steels with this type of art, though.

Did you try playing it? Sometimes discs have superficial scratches which don't affect the playback. I can't see how a loose disc could fail to play unless someone took a screwdriver to it!!!

It's not scratched to the point it won't play, but it is still scratched and that's some of the protective coating removed (probably not going to cause a problem). I do have the standard release anyway, but there's different disc artwork and if I'm paying for something new, I'd rather it wasn't scratched, the same as if the steelbook was scratched

I've ordered a replacement anyway so I'm hoping that one is OK, but I'm not the only one to have a loose disc so I'm not holding out much hope. Seeing as Blu-rays are supposed to be harder to scratch, this one must have been bouncing back and forth a bit

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Well, mines turned up, and has a dent to the right edge and there's a LOOSE DISC flying around, god dammit. Going back, and not sure if I actually want a replacement or not seeing how lots of people are having the loose disc issue causing problems. Who's dumb idea was it to have a single spindle with stacked discs ?

Not a fan either of this type of holding mechanism and not sure why a spindle used for multiple discs was used here for only 2 !
Clearly not doing its job very well what with those reports of loose discs floating around . . .
That being said I don't remember reading about similar problems when multiple discs are stacked such as inside the PLANET EARTH AND HUNGER GAMES COLLECTION steelbooks.

Surely the traditional method as seen here is the way to go for 2 discs inside a steelbook:-
upload_2016-5-20_12-59-8.jpeg

(My design for holding discs inside a steelbook would be different as they would all be on a swing tray attached to the inside of the spine as in an Amaray case with none of the hub/holding mechanism/rings on the steelbook itself thus allowing the inside artwork to shine and not be covered by discs or by the plastic disc-shaped holders and hubs.
Naturally you'd have to keep the plastic frame, as that's what's holding the whole thing together, but I'd like to see the insides clean - like the left side of FROZEN above - with nothing obstructing the artwork underneath.
This would probably bump up the cost by a few Euros and may already have been considered and discarded for that very reason or another reason could be that it just doesn't work in practice in steelbook packaging).

Other ways of increasing capacity is by cannibalising parts from damaged steels and using the plastic frame with disc holders OR by hunting down those clever little self-adhesive hubs/rosettes to add another disc to the steelbook as seen in the image here:-
20150117_150658-1_zps680a1e94.jpg

Reactions: Lionet
Yes, an elegant steelbook alright :thumbs:
Liking the uncluttered spine and yet another to add to the list of U.K. steelbooks (running to about 20 so far . . . including BRONSON) without studio and Blu-ray logos on the spine :happy:
Big "thumbs up" all around.

Really nice looking steel but again why does he keep saying spot gloss? Lol

It does not have spot gloss
And I would not call this steelbook "SUPER CRAZY" :rofl: (false advertising, bud!)
They missed an opportunity to go a little cooler with the inside art. Take a gander at the custom art I did for my Netherlands Metalpak:
image.jpeg

:thumbs:

And I would not call this steelbook "SUPER CRAZY" :rofl: (false advertising, bud!)
They missed an opportunity to go a little cooler with the inside art. Take a gander at the custom art I did for my Netherlands Metalpak:

Who called it super crazy? Lol, the guy in the vid? I missed that

That's cool but i really am a fan of the steel art and inside its just gloss or spot gloss would of been fantastic and I probably wouldn't of waited for a price drop but now I'll buy them all when they are cheap

I actually watched this for the first time a few weeks back and...

I'm not too sure on the film as a whole, first hour wasn't great and had some really dodgy acting, it got better after that and was pleasantly more violent than I was expecting but considering it was the director of shawshank and green mile I was shocked because it looked like a slightly better TV film with some really dodgy and annoying camera work and zooms.

On a positive some of the action was good and the creatures were cool and looked a bit better than I expected especially the big one at the end and that ending was just horrific, I kinda laughed too because Thomas janes screams after were shocking and I had a feeling the army was going to turn up lol so sad and so funny at the same time. My jaw was dropped but I was sniggering too. Odd combo

Also couldn't believe 3 or 4 actors from the walking dead were in it including that annoying c*nt dale lol

Reactions: C.C. 95

That's cool but i really am a fan of the steel art and inside its just gloss or spot gloss would of been fantastic and I probably wouldn't of waited for a price drop but now I'll buy them all when they are cheap

I'm not too sure on the film as a whole, first hour wasn't great and had some really dodgy acting, it got better after that and was pleasantly more violent than I was expecting but considering it was the director of shawshank and green mile I was shocked because it looked like a slightly better TV film with some really dodgy and annoying camera work and zooms.

On a positive some of the action was good and the creatures were cool and looked a bit better than I expected especially the big one at the end and that ending was just horrific, I kinda laughed too because Thomas janes screams after were shocking and I had a feeling the army was going to turn up lol so sad and so funny at the same time. My jaw was dropped but I was sniggering too. Odd combo

Also couldn't believe 3 or 4 actors from the walking dead were in it including that annoying c*nt dale lol

Of course, the biggest debate (even bigger than the color vs B&W debate) is the "Nooooooooo!" Ending Debate.
I (personal opinion) think it is a stupid, shaggy-dog ending trick that feels cheap. Others like it.
But (think about it), if it really worked as an ending (dramatically), why do so many people snigger about it?
Because it is ridiculous.:p

*the name of the guy's video is SUPER CRAZY STEELBOOKS. (As if to imply that he only reviews steelbooks that are "super crazy".:rofl:

Last edited:

Frank Darabont developed The Walking Dead for TV and even directed a few episodes early on. Jeffrey DeMunn (who plays Dale) is in all of Frank Darabonts movies if I remember correctly (even the Blob remake 1988 which he wrote)

So it makes sense he would work with the same people on different projects.....

Reactions: Flloydo

To me that poster art is SOOOO much better than the hand-made zavvi art. It's just a shame it's a metal pack :(.

BTW - I know there is also a steelbook with normal poster art, but I'm just not keen on the Dutch writing on the front.

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Of course, the biggest debate (even bigger than the color vs B&W debate) is the "Nooooooooo!" Ending Debate.
I (personal opinion) think it is a stupid, shaggy-dog ending trick that feels cheap. Others like it.
But (think about it), if it really worked as an ending (dramatically), why do so many people snigger about it?
Because it is ridiculous.:p

*the name of the guy's video is SUPER CRAZY STEELBOOKS. (As if to imply that he only reviews steelbooks that are "super crazy".:rofl:

I would like to see it in black and white, I reakon the creatures might look better too and possibly make a better film
The ending would of worked if it wasn't for Thomas janes bad acting lol

Ohhh of course lol yeah and they are all zavvi steels (some WWA marvels lol)

Frank Darabont developed The Walking Dead for TV and even directed a few episodes early on. Jeffrey DeMunn (who plays Dale) is in all of Frank Darabonts movies if I remember correctly (even the Blob remake 1988 which he wrote)

So it makes sense he would work with the same people on different projects.....

I never said it never made sense, just wasn't expecting it plus it was before walking dead,
Yeah I knew he directed and written a few WD

I don't really know how this one slipped past me when it came out as i like these kinds of films and really got into my creature films around that time and before

I still liked it but there are some serious cringe moments

Darabont has written (helped with private Ryan, collateral etc) and directed some amazing films and tv and thats why I was surprised this was a little shoddy and cheesey at times

Mine arrived with loose discs. Not a keeper (ie keep sealed) but would have preferred it arrived without the discs bouncing around in transit.
Mine too - but not surprising when using the single pole option for multiple discs. Always a possibility that top disc will come loose.