Release date: May 23, 2016
Purchase link: The Mist
Price: £14.99
Notes: Limited to 2,000 copies.

11243880-8494363308095367.jpg

11243880-1234363308586173.jpg

11243880-1754363308401841.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know what happened earlier (not that it matters) but both available to pre-order at the time of writing with the same release date as posted above by MrNano and reportedly confirmed in a Twitter message from Zavvi.
Liking the look of these 4 arty and original-artwork steels and collector's items they will be very much.
Unfortunately, as much as I like the look of them all - and they are all very, very different - I can't bring myself to pay 15 quid each for them.

(Not wishing to go into it in a non retailer specific thread I'd just like to leave a few words on that subject and write that something has got to happen to the pricing of these U.K. catalogue steels or we'll be witnessing their demise within a year which will sadden me more than a little.
Already they are gasping for breath with considerably fewer releases than at any time since their peak over the last two years with releases well down in the sample January - June period:-

Jan - June 2014 = 119 including 22 in March, 14 in April, 23 in May and 30 in June
Jan - June 2015 = 114 including 23 in March, 20 in April, 27 in May and 23 in June
Jan - June 2016 = 86 including 18 in March, 12 in April, 12 (TBC) in May and 13 (TBC) in June

This will please all those clamouring for fewer releases per month, myself included, but fewer releases has certainly NOT meant 'better' releases (IMO) and it's usually just the same old up to ten year old discs re-packaged in shiny new packaging . . .)

My last word here regarding PRICING: I accept that Amazon is a whale in the business sea with massive buying and selling power when compared to the sprat that is Zavvi but I do NOT accept that the SAME steelbook sold by Zavvi (2015 Turnover GBP 113M approx.) should cost double the one sold by Amazon (2015 Turnover USD 107B approx.) - unless it's something to do with our "lovely" taxman. . . a recent example being the 4 BOURNE steels priced in the U.K. @GBP 15/16 and priced at the equivalent of GBP 11 each at Amazon.It at the time of writing - admittedly not the best example as a comparison and a better comparison would be with Zavvi and CDON the Nordic countries retailer - Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark - where these same steelbooks were priced recently @EUR 9.95 each or less than 8 quid or more precisely half the Zavvi price EEK!

Furthermore I object to having to wait patiently for weeks and sometimes months before I can buy the steelbook of my choice at a price comparable to the original pre-order price at Amazon.It or CDON for example.

Anyway, rant over :))

Last edited:
Don't know what happened earlier but both available to pre-order at the time of writing with the same release date as posted above by MrNano.

Check the last message on the last page, @paulboland explained why

(and I did too a few posts above but not as much detail and more vague)

Reactions: paulboland
Shame the colours aren't as bright as the mock up like Bronson and it seems all 4 will follow suit but the art looks decent and crisp

100% get when it drops

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Looks ok not amazing
I cancelled my order weeks ago

I will pick this up when I see a price drop as I expect this to be around for a while
When I see price around €11 to €12 Euro or less I will get it then

I managed to pick it up for €16 with a discount code so I was happy enough with that.

Why is the regular 2 disc Amaray €32 on Zavvi?? :OMG: :confused:
Zavvi often do this sometimes when a they have an exclusive steelbook version available they put the price up for the Amaray release :LOL:
The Amaray release will drop back to normal price at some stage
It's £6.00 on Amazon :rofl:

Thanks for the images.. as expected its an absolute peach! Unexpected bonus is that the art is used on the discs as well!!
Yes, a nice touch for sure, and when you have a moment I'd appreciate it if you could post the number strings on the disc to compare with the 2-disc Special Edition released here towards the end of 2008 (I'm finding that many re-releases in steelbook format of plastic cased editions from 2006 onwards contain the same discs of up to ten years ago).
Regarding the finish: as expected with no surprises and looks pretty decent to me.

Would hope to pick this up at some point soon and I have the feeling that this is the one that will not hang around for as long as any of the others (BRONSON, AMELIE, SPIRIT OF VENGEANCE) and consequently not expecting usual prices of GBP 7.99 - 8.99 more likely low point of GBP 11.99 - 12.99.

Last edited:
I received this today and the colour version disc had come loose and been sliding around the case. The end result is that it has scratches on it. I'm not happy. Could they not have put a disc either side?

I'm going to have to order another copy and send this one back for a refund. There are quite a few scratches and wiping the disc has had no effect

I received this today and the colour version disc had come loose and been sliding around the case. The end result is that it has scratches on it. I'm not happy. Could they not have put a disc either side?

I'm going to have to order another copy and send this one back for a refund. There are quite a few scratches and wiping the disc has had no effect
Did you try playing it? Sometimes discs have superficial scratches which don't affect the playback. I can't see how a loose disc could fail to play unless someone took a screwdriver to it!!!

Same mine was loose too.
Wiped scratches away but have standard UK blu so can swap discs.
Really dont wanna bother with Zavvi CS.

What a stupid design though, 2 discs and dodgy double slot!
Very nice finish though.