the most beautiful movie soundtrack

Aug 25, 2011
Toulouse
Last night i reviewed Sunshine and i had forgotten how the John Murphy soundtrack was so beautiful. No song. Just music, deep, poignant, sad, powerful. Movie soundtrack can be as important as the movie and sometime we can remind a movie thanks to its soundtrack.
what are your best movie soundtrack with no song and compositor in general?

i'm thinking to John Murphy (Sunshine, 28 days/weeks later), Vangelis (Blade runner), Ennio Moricone (the good, the bad and the ugly, once upon a time in the west) but i'm waiting for your acknowledges.

thanks

As biscuitnoir mentioned above: Yann Tiersen - Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulin
Morricone - The Good The Bad The Ugly & Malena

Soundtrack without a movie:
Passengers - Original Soundtrack 1

tough one this one. I have a few namely Tron Legacy, Drive, Oblivion, man of steel, donnie darko the list could go on but these are probably my favourites

• Thanks
Reactions: snsguy
Blade Runner - Vangelis
Star Wars - John Williams
Indiana Jones - John Williams
Jaws - John Williams
The Mission - Ennio Morricone
Batman - Danny Elfman
Star Trek Scores by Jerry Goldsmith
Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves - Michael Kamen
:D

• Thanks
Few favorites for me have to be:

Kingdom of Heaven
The Last Samurai
Batman
Rush
The Dark Knight Rises

and though it wasn't part of the last film on that list, this is haunting..

[media=youtube]1oTbyENpX58[/media]

There are some films though that just have stand out single tracks. 'All of Them' from King Arthur is fantastic, especially around the 7:15 mark. Crimson Tide has a track, 'Roll Tide' that from 1:00 in, is just a build up of power. The main common factor in most of these mentions..... Hans Zimmer. The guy is a scoring genius!

There are plenty of times I listen to compilations like the following from YT.

[media=youtube]zKuZ_3XjbA0[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Hans Zimmer - All of Them (King Arthur)
Steve Jablonsky - There is no Plan (Transformers 3)
John Williams - Jurassic Park

and the best :scat:

[YT]/watch?v=-zugrVgQcuA[/YT]​

John Carpenter Assault ...
John Carpenter The Fog
John Carpenter Escape from New York
Klaus Doldinger Das Boot
Jerry Goldsmith Alien
Tan Dun Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

The Good the Bad and the Ugly or Once Upon a Time in the West and a few of the other spaghetti Westerns I could mention. Great Soundtracks... and one of the greatest composers in film history.

Not sure about the rest of the album but 'For the Love of a Princess' from the Braveheart soundtrack comes to mind. And although it seems a bit cheesy, the Titanic soundtrack has always been a favourite of mine. James Horner excels at writing for romance in my opinion. Also any music Howard Shore writes for the Shire is always great.

Bleu!!!

Trois Couleurs: Bleu!!! :D

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 151