The Most Expensive Blu-ray Steelbooks in the World

Oct 26, 2011
UK
This is for single editions 'Sealed' steelbooks in the original packaging and stickers.
One Clicks / Box sets do not count.
Please use this as a GUIDE only. Opinions can be very subjective.
List is updating over time, appreciate your patience!

THE CURRENT TOP TEN - UPDATED 04 JUNE 2018
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street Filmarena FAC #70 (CZ)
  2. John Rambo Amazon.de (GER)
  3. As Above So Below Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  4. Iron Man Future Shop (CA)
  5. As Above So Below Unnumbered Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  6. Doctor Who Series 9 Amazon.uk (UK)
  7. Spring Steel Archive (GER) ???
  8. Elektra Filmarena FAC #11 (CZ)
  9. Thor Blufans Lenticular (CN)
  10. Terminator 2 Version 2.0 (JP)
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
FILMARENA
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street FAC #70
  2. As Above So Below FAC #1
  3. As Above So Below Unnumbered FAC #1
  4. Elektra FAC #11
  5. Heat FAC #2
  6. Interview with the Vampire FAC #3
  7. Maze Runner FAC #4
BLUFANS
  1. Thor Lenticular
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming 4K UHD OAB

HDZETA

1. Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD Silver Label
  2. The Man from UNCLE Silver Label
  3. Wonder Woman Double Lenticular Gold Label

KIMCHIDVD

:coffee:

NOVAMEDIA

:coffee:

Last edited:
Rambo amazonde is said to be the most toughest to get out of the lot a used 1 still sells at 300 pounds phew!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thought I was already a member on here I guess not. been a member of bluray.com since 2007. is the terminator 2 Japanese vol. 2 steelbook that rare and expensive. I bought it 5 years ago when it came out still unopened perfect condition no dings or tears in the plastic.
I was actually thinking about selling it and was curious what its value was. I had no idea it was even that rare.

it is a shame that part of the collection manager we have, that staff could not add in a table to a min-max value as to each steel according to condition.
that way it could be more fluid with actual prices giving people a point of reference before they buy that steel they desperately want with out knowing they are getting robbed or not.
also doesn't rely on a thread being updated as one idea.

basil :thumbs:

Can anyone help me out? I am trying to find out more about the Hong Kong version of the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children steelbook (stickerbook).
I have scoured the internet and found one picture of the one I have sealed with the same sticker. They said they "thought" it was the Hong Kong version, but I want to make certain as I can't seem to find it anywhere definitively.

I see the China version listed in the OP, but nothing under Hong Kong. I have turned up tons of them with the Sony China sticker in my search. Is the Hong Kong version the most rare?

Can anyone help me out? I am trying to find out more about the Hong Kong version of the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children steelbook (stickerbook).
I have scoured the internet and found one picture of the one I have sealed with the same sticker. They said they "thought" it was the Hong Kong version, but I want to make certain as I can't seem to find it anywhere definitively.

I see the China version listed in the OP, but nothing under Hong Kong. I have turned up tons of them with the Sony China sticker in my search. Is the Hong Kong version the most rare?

Let's try to help...Firstly, have you this and hand could you upload two photos, front and back?
Secondly, this requires research, do a search on this forum for all the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children releases + links.

Great...

I can't find a HK release thread, so you have the honour of posting :thumbs: I'm guessing it is fairly rare...Value wise, probably less than the Korea one (awesome slip). Aprilarrow - has one in his photo

014-4_zps95b828d2.jpg

HDN Listings found:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Stickerbook [Korea]
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Blu-ray SteelBook) - Stickerbook [Singapore]
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Stickerbook [Thailand]
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Blu-ray SteelBook) - Stickerbook [Taiwan]
Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children (Blu-ray SteelBook)-Stickerbook [China]

Reactions: dirtyoak and dv8mad
Thanks for the confirmation tristar. Was driving me crazy that I couldn't be sure which version it was. Wonder why there is no thread for it on HDN?

Also thanks for all the links HUBMUSWELL!

Reactions: tristar6
@sunnyx or whomever updates the information.

Regarding: John carter Future Shop and Taiwan Versions Viva Metal

For the Section ''Viva Metal Box'' I notice at Number 5 that John Carter Future Shop (is there deservedly) however, when I was shopping for John Carter Taiwan Viva Metal Box, the Prices around spring/summer 2014 were around 170 to 250 which was higher than what FS version was going for. I Spoke with my Taiwan contact at the time for guidance and I was told that in Taiwan this title is extremely rare, impossible to find used or new in any shops. This title was sold out first days it went on pre-release. Currently Prices for This version from Taiwan on bay is from 170 to 190 $ Note that current Prices for John Carter Future Shop currently varies from 80 to 175. I believe that the Taiwan version should go just above the Future Shop Version.

@sunnyx or whomever updates the information.

Regarding: John carter Future Shop and Taiwan Versions Viva Metal

For the Section ''Viva Metal Box'' I notice at Number 5 that John Carter Future Shop (is there deservedly) however, when I was shopping for John Carter Taiwan Viva Metal Box, the Prices around spring/summer 2014 were around 170 to 250 which was higher than what FS version was going for. I Spoke with my Taiwan contact at the time for guidance and I was told that in Taiwan this title is extremely rare, impossible to find used or new in any shops. This title was sold out first days it went on pre-release. Currently Prices for This version from Taiwan on bay is from 170 to 190 $ Note that current Prices for John Carter Future Shop currently varies from 80 to 175. I believe that the Taiwan version should go just above the Future Shop Version.

So moving on 3 years mate, whats the rate now for the Future Shop version Viva Metal? or the TW version? :p

Haha yep! How things change! A lot of these wouldn’t be going for a fraction of them prices now!

Yep, but I feel now the new generation of steels have come that we can now wipe the slate clean and update the thread with what we have. I mean it's not our fault most go for pennies lol. But JR and IM FS are still there!

All the FNAC, Viva's, basic FS steels, Iron Packs and the Asian slips are pretty much out the window. Time to bring in the premium treatment :coffee:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Yep, but I feel now the new generation of steels have come that we can now wipe the slate clean and update the thread with what we have. I mean it's not our fault most go for pennies lol. But JR and IM FS are still there!

All the FNAC, Viva's, basic FS steels, Iron Packs and the Asian slips are pretty much out the window. Time to bring in the premium treatment :coffee:
It does feel like a new generation. It’s all about the slips now! A few have held their value but most have plummeted. As you said IM and John Rambo are still hanging in there though! Lol!:LOL:
I agree mate, it’s a totally different game now.:thumbs:

Basic suggestions? Except the old JR/IM.........., Filmarena and Blufans are the only ones really that go for a lot of money. This thread was never for people to give an opinion that they would never pay X amount of money etc, it was simply in terms of what is the most expensive steels out there, an approximate rate which is mixed by BIN and auctions. It is all very subjective.