The Most Expensive Blu-ray Steelbooks in the World

Oct 26, 2011
UK
This is for single editions 'Sealed' steelbooks in the original packaging and stickers.
One Clicks / Box sets do not count.
Please use this as a GUIDE only. Opinions can be very subjective.
List is updating over time, appreciate your patience!

THE CURRENT TOP TEN - UPDATED 04 JUNE 2018
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street Filmarena FAC #70 (CZ)
  2. John Rambo Amazon.de (GER)
  3. As Above So Below Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  4. Iron Man Future Shop (CA)
  5. As Above So Below Unnumbered Filmarena FAC #1 (CZ)
  6. Doctor Who Series 9 Amazon.uk (UK)
  7. Spring Steel Archive (GER) ???
  8. Elektra Filmarena FAC #11 (CZ)
  9. Thor Blufans Lenticular (CN)
  10. Terminator 2 Version 2.0 (JP)
  11. .
  12. .
  13. .
FILMARENA
  1. Wolf in the Wall Street FAC #70
  2. As Above So Below FAC #1
  3. As Above So Below Unnumbered FAC #1
  4. Elektra FAC #11
  5. Heat FAC #2
  6. Interview with the Vampire FAC #3
  7. Maze Runner FAC #4
BLUFANS
  1. Thor Lenticular
  2. Spider-Man Homecoming 4K UHD OAB

HDZETA

1. Blade Runner 2049 4K UHD Silver Label
  2. The Man from UNCLE Silver Label
  3. Wonder Woman Double Lenticular Gold Label

KIMCHIDVD

:coffee:

NOVAMEDIA

:coffee:

Last edited:
Ah yes, a heated discussion from the good ole days. This hobby has changed so much in the past 10+ years I've been collecting. What was valuable just 5 years ago just isn't as valuable these days. The market has become way too oversaturated, and people only spend their money on the boxsets and exclusives of the mainly Asian companies. How time have change. But when all this over saturation stops, and blu rays and all physical disks for that matter no longer exists, the old school steels and IP's will regain all their value. as with all types of collecting, it is the first, the oldest items that are the most sought after and in demand. All these gimmicky full slips and lenti's will go by the way of the dodo, as yours truly will predict. There was never a collectible that the newest was in demand over the oldest, I challenge anyone to list just 1.

Ah yes, a heated discussion from the good ole days. This hobby has changed so much in the past 10+ years I've been collecting. What was valuable just 5 years ago just isn't as valuable these days. The market has become way too oversaturated, and people only spend their money on the boxsets and exclusives of the mainly Asian companies. How time have change. But when all this over saturation stops, and blu rays and all physical disks for that matter no longer exists, the old school steels and IP's will regain all their value. as with all types of collecting, it is the first, the oldest items that are the most sought after and in demand. All these gimmicky full slips and lenti's will go by the way of the dodo, as yours truly will predict. There was never a collectible that the newest was in demand over the oldest, I challenge anyone to list just 1.
Wu Tang Clan's 7th and final album in 2015 "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" sold for $2 Million Dollars.

Wu Tang Clan's 7th and final album in 2015 "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" sold for $2 Million Dollars.

I'm not at all familiar with anything "wu tang", but for every "wu tangs" you can name, I can name a 1000 other collectibles that old is preferred over new. Besides, does 1 single album count as a collectible, in the way that comic books and video games count as collectible?

I'm not at all familiar with anything "wu tang", but for every "wu tangs" you can name, I can name a 1000 other collectibles that old is preferred over new. Besides, does 1 single album count as a collectible, in the way that comic books and video games count as collectible?
The new Harrison Ford Tomenosuke signature Deckard Blaster limited edition (75 pieces) is worth more than the Tomenosuke blasters made over the last 20 years.

75 huh? Well its more than 1. But tell me, is it more expensive because its got Harrison Ford's name (one of the most popular actors ever) that makes it the most expensive? Or is it that its "newer" that makes it the most expensive? Are you gonna give some collectible examples that are more mainstream, like coins and stamps? Or are all your examples gonna be something obscure like collectible tooth brushes and safety pins?

75 huh? Well its more than 1. But tell me, is it more expensive because its got Harrison Ford's name (one of the most popular actors ever) that makes it the most expensive? Or is it that its "newer" that makes it the most expensive? Are you gonna give some collectible examples that are more mainstream, like coins and stamps? Or are all your examples gonna be something obscure like collectible tooth brushes and safety pins?
Obscure? You can buy Tomenosuke blasters fom Big Bad Toy Store, Timewalker Toys, Hollywood Collectibles Group, etc.
Nothing obscure about them.
Value in collectibles has to do with QUALITY and RARITY. Not age.

I never said your blaster example was obscure. You intend to prove me wrong, I only ask that you give more mainstream examples if you want to to it. But you never did answer my question. Is it Harrison Fords name that makes it most expensive? Or is it because its newer? Rarity I can agree with, but quality? Comics today are much higher quality. Would you trade the first issue of batman for anything comicbook today? Very often, the older collectible is less quality than the newer stuff. Technogy always makes this so. But collectibility wise, it's the complete opposite.

I never said your blaster example was obscure. You intend to prove me wrong, I only ask that you give more mainstream examples if you want to to it. But you never did answer my question. Is it Harrison Fords name that makes it most expensive? Or is it because its newer? Rarity I can agree with, but quality? Comics today are much higher quality. Would you trade the first issue of batman for anything comicbook today? Very often, the older collectible is less quality than the newer stuff. Technogy always makes this so. But collectibility wise, it's the complete opposite.
Yes, the HF autograph makes it more valuable. - but also the fact that over the years, Tomenosuke have been perfecting the blaster. Each iteration of the blaster has been better than the last.
The older comics tend to be valuable because of rarity and what they contain: obviously, there is no chance for a Batman #1 or Spider-man #1 coming LATER! It's the fact the most collectible comics almost always have the first occurence of something.
Action Comics #1 is not a great comic with a superlative story. It's value is based on the first appearance of Superman and the first issue of an iconic company. The actual age has nothing to do with its value, there are hundreds of thousands of comics from the same era that are worthless. If there were a limited comic produced tomorrow that had Batman And Superman kill each other in a suicide pact, never to return to to comics ever again - I am sure that would be the most vauable comic ever.