Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: The Movie Critic

Director: Quentin Tarantino

Plot: Set in late 1970s Los Angeles with one of the most influential movie critics of all time at its center.

Wow, this is a really unexpected topic even though it makes sense for Tarantino. I have a feeling he planned this for longer than he said he has. In 2019 when OUATIH came out he said that his last film would be more "epilogue-y" and that OUATIH would be his epic. From this premise alone I can see it being maybe his smallest film. But who knows. Maybe he'll do something like Babylon, taking this movie critic thing and blowing it out with epic cinema set pieces etc. Really excited for this, and didn't expect he would do it this soon. I genuinely thought we'd see his film in 7-10 years.
On a side not, I really don't like the title though, every single Tarantino film has had swag and originality to it, when I read the title in the forum here I though it would be a low-mid budget comedy with Will Ferrell or something. Maybe it's a working title, I doubt it though.
Edit: Also, what about the mini series he wanted to do? Maybe he'll do that afterwards. Hopefully the film won't be the last thing he'll do directing wise.

Interesting. I'll save judgement until I see it... but it wasn't what I was expecting for his Final Film. Thought it might be more grand in scale to go out with a bang.
This sounds more like Once Upon A Time in Hollywood esc?

Didn’t even get this tag yesterday

I’ve just seen this on twitter and posted it in our group chat. Bit late to the news lol. Should of just come here first

Ngl though, I wanted him to go out in extreme violence and this don’t sound like that. I hope OUATIH hasn’t made him pretentious

I’m more excited for his TV shows he’s been writing

Didn’t even get this tag yesterday

I’ve just seen this on twitter and posted it in our group chat. Bit late to the news lol. Should of just come here first

Ngl though, I wanted him to go out in extreme violence and this don’t sound like that. I hope OUATIH hasn’t made him pretentious

I’m more excited for his TV shows he’s been writing
I noticed. You're getting slower than @tha_lunatic :rolleyes:

Same tbh... knew it was a long shot, but I was really hoping he'd do Kill Bill 3. Still excited for this though!

And yeah, very much looking forward to his tv stuff.

Well he considers kill
Bill 1 and 2 as one movie so I’m sure if he did part 3 it would still be 1 as a trilogy saga etc So who knows

There’s a few actors I’ve wanted to see work with cruise and Tarantino could be the person to pull that off. But I imagine he’d have a role similar to Pacinos role in OUATIH but maybe slightly more screen time. Surely DiCaprio is In this too, him and Pitt together again I hope. Kurt Russell as well. Him and cruise had great chemistry working together on Vanilla sky

Reactions: Kizersouze
I'm kinda not surprised. The project seemed odd from the get go, the title is horrible and the casting announcement was also weird. Tarantino said the lead would be a not so well known guy in his mid 30s - now they say Brad Pitt? I heard Paul Walter Hauser at one point, which would have been interesting. Then they were going to film last year, which got cancelled due to the strikes. Then it was said that classic Tarantino actors like Samuel L. Jackson had to back out of the project due to contractual commitments to marvel - like, what?
I don't know, let him cook I guess.

Reactions: Space Cadet
With @Vega on this one. Seems kinda too dramaish film for Quentin. Thought IF this is gonna be his final films it gonna be more bang bang and stuff.

Reactions: Vega
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database