Horror-Theatrical The Mummy (2017) - In theaters June 09, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Mummy (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Andy Muschietti[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Alex Kurtzman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Cruise, Sofia Boutella, Russel Crowe

Plot: An ancient princess is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
295265-95edbb5a53048496120008d8bf6a9f69.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

It looks like The Mummy will returning in 2016...
Universal has announced an April 16, 2016 release for their The Mummy, which has Andres Muschietti attached to direct.
Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this up in the Mod section and said pretty much the exact same thing... I'm not a big fan of horror (as you know), so I miss a lot of the stuff I may actually be interested in, especially when they're not even horror related, like this film... it even states in the OP that The Mummy is an "action, adventure, fantasy". Personally I don't see why just one genre should receive special treatment (or any at all for that matter), but I seemed to be the only one who was bothered by it, so if other folk like it this way, then fair enough. :)

I agree I posted something in the Res Evil thread because I got tagged then had no idea where it had gone again afterwards :hilarious:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I agree I posted something in the Res Evil thread because I got tagged then had no idea where it had gone again afterwards :hilarious:
Haha similar thing happened with me in the Alien Covenant thread... thought I was losing it. :wacky:

It didn't seem like a very popular decision in the end anyway, and thankfully the admins here listen to feedback, so the Horror section has now gone and threads have been moved to their rightful places. :)

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Flloydo and zesty
I'm with you guys @zesty @Noodles
I hate horror movies. Don't even care for a single second. But, for movies like Alien, Mummy and some other that are more action/sci-fi/thriller, they were lost in that horror movie section. Now, everything at the same place, and seems wayy much better that way.

I just stumbled upon this. Can't believe the thread had started in 2013! We are now in 2017. .. Hopefully the time invested on this project was worth it.

Saw it last night, did not like it (n). For me it was boring and Tom Cruise was awful.
If you think the 1999 movie was bad, this is much worse.

Last edited:
This was one hell of a fun ride and the hate that it's receiving is ridiculous. Then again, people love to hate Tom Cruise no matter what... even though he continuously makes fun films.

The supporting cast was all great, too. I thought Cruise had good chemistry with both Annabelle Wallis and Jake Johnson (Cruise was especially hilarious playing off of Johnson). I really dug Russell Crowe as Jeykll/Hyde and Sofia Boutella was both sexy and horrifying as the new mummy, Ahmanet. There was some truly awesome cinematography and stunts in the film as well (and the ending was surprisingly shocking and unexpected).

This isn't a reboot of the Brendan Fraser films either, so that's another poor excuse to crap on this film. It's a modern day film with different characters and a different mummy. I've been saying from the start that I was just going to pretend that those Rick O'Connell stories still happened 50-70 years before this film.
(And I was kinda right considering how the Book of the Dead makes an appearance in this film in Dr. Jekyll's museum of monsterous artifacts)

So yeah, ignore critics, give this flick a shot, and make up your own mind whether it's good or not. The best film critic will always be yourself. :thumbs:

(Kudos to @harry for giving it a shot!)

New This was one hell of a fun ride and the hate that it's receiving is ridiculous. Then again, people love to hate Tom Cruise no matter what... even though he continuously makes fun films.

I hate Tom Cruise simply because he's a dire actor. Never liked him and I honestly cannot think of one film he has ever done from Top Gun to today which I have actually liked. His appeal to the general public is 100% completely lost on me.....

This was one hell of a fun ride and the hate that it's receiving is ridiculous. Then again, people love to hate Tom Cruise no matter what... even though he continuously makes fun films.

The supporting cast was all great, too. I thought Cruise had good chemistry with both Annabelle Wallis and Jake Johnson (Cruise was especially hilarious playing off of Johnson). I really dug Russell Crowe as Jeykll/Hyde and Sofia Boutella was both sexy and horrifying as the new mummy, Ahmanet. There was some truly awesome cinematography and stunts in the film as well (and the ending was surprisingly shocking and unexpected).

This isn't a reboot of the Brendan Fraser films either, so that's another poor excuse to crap on this film. It's a modern day film with different characters and a different mummy. I've been saying from the start that I was just going to pretend that those Rick O'Connell stories still happened 50-70 years before this film.
(And I was kinda right considering how the Book of the Dead makes an appearance in this film in Dr. Jekyll's museum of monsterous artifacts)

So yeah, ignore critics, give this flick a shot, and make up your own mind whether it's good or not. The best film critic will always be yourself. :thumbs:

(Kudos to @harry for giving it a shot!)
Thanks for the mini review Ken ;) I'll just wait for the bluray
popcorn2.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: tridon