Horror-Theatrical The Mummy (2017) - In theaters June 09, 2017

tridon

Est. 2011
Dec 5, 2011
Thunder Bay
[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: The Mummy (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Fantasy[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Andy Muschietti[/DIRECTOR], [DIRECTOR]Alex Kurtzman[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: Tom Cruise, Sofia Boutella, Russel Crowe

Plot: An ancient princess is awakened from her crypt beneath the desert, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia, and terrors that defy human comprehension. [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
295265-95edbb5a53048496120008d8bf6a9f69.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

It looks like The Mummy will returning in 2016...
Universal has announced an April 16, 2016 release for their The Mummy, which has Andres Muschietti attached to direct.
Courtesy: ComingSoon.net

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'll edit this, so people won't get confused ;)

If this is a direct sequel to Dragon Emperor and the original franchise, I would want Fraser to return since I think he belongs to this franchise.

BUT that's only because the title says "Mummy 4". What I want the most is a reboot of this franchise because I really love this universe and concept! :)

Last edited:
Very nice, I've always loved the mummy franchise. Tomb of dragon emperor was an interesting change. I'm no fussed if Fraser returns and they could do it set many years later to a family member of Fraser eg his son/daughter or even grandchild.

Reactions: tridon
Like Jb162009 said, I'd like for the new film to somehow stay connected to the original trilogy, but it doesn't necessarily need Brendan Fraser to return. I wouldn't mind for something more modern-day, too.

I say move onto to another Family member later on and it be more of a reboot so to speak like others have said. TOTDE didn't do it for me and was rather disappointing.

According to my understanding, plans to continue the Fraser franchise were thrown away due to the less tan stellar 3rd movie.

Universal wish to return to the original feel of the franchise with this new reboot.

Wasn't this supposed to be a reboot or something? I think I heard news about it not so long ago. I don't really know though, I'd rather they left it alone. The first and second movie were absolute perfection for me!

Source: ComingSoon.net

Kingsman’s Sofia Boutella in Talks for The Mummy
SofiaMummy.jpg

Following a report last month that Tom Cruise is in negotations to star in Universal Pictures‘ upcoming The Mummy reboot, The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that Kingsman: The Secret Service star Sofia Boutella has entered talks to play the title role! It was previously rumored that director Alex Kurtzman’s take may include a female version of the monster and that now appears to be exactly the route the reboot is headed.

The Mummy offers a modern take on the legendary creature with plans for The Mummy to lead into Universal Pictures’ envisioned “shared universe” of monster movies. Kurtzman is set to direct the film from a script by Jon Spaihts (Prometheus). The Mummy reboot is set for release on March 24, 2017 with another Untitled Universal Monster Movie set to follow it on March 30, 2018.
popcorn2.gif

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
Universal's reboot of The Mummy will now be released on June 9,2017 instead of March 24, 2017. Cruise will join Kingsman: The Secret Service breakout star Sofia Boutella (she's also starring in Star Trek Beyond) in the film. No details are currently known about the film expect that Boutella is playing the Mummy and Cruise will play an ex-Navy Seal. Alex Kurtzman directs from a script penned by Jon Spaights.​

Tom Cruise in The Mummy??? WHAT????

• Informative
Reactions: bloodsnake007
Hey Universal - How about some decent steelbooks for the Sommers Mummy movies?
(Now that you have had time reflect on the reel heroes crapbooks debacle)...

Universal's reboot of The Mummy will now be released on June 9,2017 instead of March 24, 2017. Cruise will join Kingsman: The Secret Service breakout star Sofia Boutella (she's also starring in Star Trek Beyond) in the film. No details are currently known about the film expect that Boutella is playing the Mummy and Cruise will play an ex-Navy Seal. Alex Kurtzman directs from a script penned by Jon Spaights.​

Tom Cruise in The Mummy??? WHAT????

50 % of citizens of US must be ex or current navy seals. according to movies ...

:rofl:

Reactions: Drum18
Universal Pictures‘ has released the official synopsis for The Mummy reboot.

"Thought safely entombed in a crypt deep beneath the unforgiving desert, an ancient queen (Sofia Boutella of Kingsman: The Secret Service and Star Trek Beyond) whose destiny was unjustly taken from her, is awakened in our current day, bringing with her malevolence grown over millennia and terrors that defy human comprehension.

From the sweeping sands of the Middle East through hidden labyrinths under modern-day London, The Mummy brings a surprising intensity and balance of wonder and thrills in an imaginative new take that ushers in a new world of gods and monsters."

popcorn2.gif

Reactions: Flloydo
Russell Crowe Confirmed as Dr. Henry Jekyll in Alex Kurtzman’s ‘The Mummy’ HERE

so there is gonna be the whole universal monsters cinematic universe. and films are tied together. cool.

Reactions: Flloydo