USA
Release date: September 12, 2017
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $19.99

mummy_ross.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: goufcustom
I wish they wouldn't do dumps like this, I really can't afford to buy 8 steelbooks in a day (with the 2017 release as well) so i had to pass on them

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
Best Buy sent my order in a box, supposedly to prevent damage. They even loaded it with paper to protect the steelbooks.

Why then, for the love of all that is pure and sacred in steelbook land, would they put in that box 3 steelbooks with clear and obvious damage? You can't help but notice the massive indentation on them. Kind of like someone took the handle of a wrench and pushed in the front of the steelbook? What is odd is that the steels don't look damaged in form, meaning typically with this type of thing you have lifting of the edges, but these steels look pristine. Still, the indentations are obvious.

Very strange.

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Yep--I got a box with the 7 monsters steelbooks. No damage to the box. Six steelbooks in perfect condition. One steelbook that looks like it was stepped on. I don't get it, but a replacement is on the way already. :)

• Thanks
I went and got two of these because I had a $35 rewards coupon, the Creature from the Black Lagoon and the Invisible Man now that I see they have digital copies even more tempting to get a few more (I grabbed the POP art Salt I missed to round out my order).

• Thanks
Reactions: Wreck and dfoles
Best Buy sent my order in a box, supposedly to prevent damage. They even loaded it with paper to protect the steelbooks.

Why then, for the love of all that is pure and sacred in steelbook land, would they put in that box 3 steelbooks with clear and obvious damage? You can't help but notice the massive indentation on them. Kind of like someone took the handle of a wrench and pushed in the front of the steelbook? What is odd is that the steels don't look damaged in form, meaning typically with this type of thing you have lifting of the edges, but these steels look pristine. Still, the indentations are obvious.

Very strange.

People packing them do not really check them as they are in a hurry to pack them obviously.

People packing them do not really check them as they are in a hurry to pack them obviously.
What is obvious is that this issue is bigger than I thought.

When I took my steels in to Bangor today to hopefully swap them out, I showed the awful condition of them to the sales dude, and even he was aghast at how bad it looked. He pointed me to the spot to grab some replacements and I was bothered greatly that many of their steels, too, shared the same defect!!! Shipping poor quality to a customer is one thing. Clearly this is a much wider scope.

It seems beyond me that a company would do this on purpose, so it has to be a quality control issue at the sourcing agent. The steels were perfected packed in shrinkwrap which means the damaged item was preshrinkwrap. Quality control was either at a minimum or non existent. When I bought product for stores and there was a quality issue I got with the supplier and made sure they made it right, which they always did. I hope Best Buy seeks some financial satisfaction here, because I have to imagine the problem is beyond my house and the city of Bangor.

Now, all that notwithstanding, I sure hope they do a Alex Ross Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein, Frankenstein meets the Wolfman and House of Dracula.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
I like the USA releases better as they include the clear plastic slipcovers like you get with the Mondo X releases

@apsmith21
Any chance of doing a GB for these considering the Best Buy have the mondo x style clear slipcovers if not no worries I get the Zavvi releases