The Mummy (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Sep 23, 2013
Release date: May 17, 2017
Purchase links: Amazon IT - DVD-Store
Price: €13.94 (Amazon) - €14.90 (DVD-Store)

Immagine.jpg

Last edited:
Hopefully ending up in the U.K. especially as we've not yet had even one of these good old-fashioned Boy's Own adventure films here in steelbook packaging . . . and good to see individual steelbook releases instead of a trilogy.

Regarding the artwork: Interesting poster designs but too busy for steelbook cover artwork (IMO) . . . although they do certainly go well together:-
1. ...................................................................................................................................... 2.
mummy_ver2.jpg
mummy_returns.jpg

Maybe something like what they did with one of the DVD editions would work well for front artwork:-
cb94a9d592111c1a3ac85ef54f016b72.jpg

What has gone before . . . THE MUMMY steelbook-wise:-
II
V
Reel Heroes style (U.S and Canada) and German horizontal
70063_large.jpg
15934_large.jpg

Trilogy steel:-
Germany (stickerbook?) .................... Spain ................................ France (Stickerbook)
122931_large.jpg
51607_large.jpg
26883_large.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Lionet and rj531
Wow, totally original and brilliant. Love all three :happy:
Profuse embossing in the style of DOCTOR STRANGE or WARCRAFT at least on the front? Hopefully embossed image as well as title . . . embossed image on the back would be the icing on the cake.

Very much on these when they come to the U.K.

The only poster that I've seen for the latest MUMMY film is coincidentally in a similar colour palette:-

. . . and the artwork/colouring not just going forward also going back to the classic Karloff MUMMY steelbook complete with hieroglyphs.

Last edited:
This look great, but should apply better contrast b/w the yellow and grey patterns.
Now let's hope for a decent inside art.

Absolutely love this artwork. With embossing etc it will look like a real gem. Goes with the film tbh. I'm hoping they increase the brightness on the title and emblem so it looks gold.

• Thanks
Reactions: snooloui
how funny, i just watched this one AGAIN last night, now days it loos kind of cheesie but i still like it, i have the original German release and i like the front art but i def will get this one.....

Awesome artwork on these... shame the films are pretty dire though.

Completely agree. But I can stomach the first one. Was quite young when it first came out (like yourself) and used to watch it all the time on VHS lol

Artwork is amazing. Embossing is screaming on these so much and being universal the finish should be decent like gladiator (bossing/gloss) or inglorious basterds (bossing)

Will most likely wait for the UK due to Italy Amazons dire packaging or the bay for a deal at some point