The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
:coffee:Does the other retailers release the steel with spot gloss, full gloss or something as this one says matte for the steel?:cautious: It would have been great if the gold creature on the front be glossy.:whistle::whistle:

Also, we would like to point out your price guess of £60+ is nowhere near what we are looking at selling these at (too high).

Thanks
EverythingBlu

If the steelbook set costs GBP 49 we should probably be expecting the total price including P&P to be quite a bit more (depending on the weight) ?
That luxurious, sexy-looking *black and gold slipbox with dividers and real wood top and bottom plus 3 x 1-disc steelbooks is going to be a reasonably heavy mother . . . and expensive to post / courrier (?)
I don't of course know how much the slipbox weights or the weight of the bullet-proof packaging . . . but the 3 shrinkwrapped single disc steelbooks should weigh about 510 grams .. . when added to the weight of the slipbox I wouldn't be surprised if we're talking about a package weighing more than 2kg . . . which equates to GBP 5.99 for a local Hermes delivery.

So, yes, GBP 55 including P&P seems to be the most logical price for the set and quite a way above my second guess of GBP 44.but also quite a bit under my first of GBP 60+.

All things considered - and if 55 QUID is the final price - I'd say it's still not unreasonable . . . obviously depends a lot on the build quality and construction of the slipbox and anyone with DIY knowledge may be concerned at the mixing of materials here as in wood, faux leather etc.

In conclusion it could be argued that even though the package costs about twice as much as the standalone trilogy steelbook it's twice as nice . . .

So 52 including post as if I remember my Hermes are 3 pound
GBP 3.99 local delivery = medium package under 2kg
GBP 5.99 local delivery = 2 - 5kg
Insurance of up to GBP 50 per package - add one quid
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* The colouring and style of the box may remind anyone of a certain age of those gorgeous embossed Sobranie "Black Russian" and Rameses II cigarette boxes:-
II
V

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc and Lionet
Expensive month for some

Sucker punch
Kill bill 2
This
And prob Star Wars force awakens (or not long after)

Still think they should wait until Shaun is out before putting this up for pre order

• Thanks
Reactions: harry and AlexMacOl
Thanks :thumbs:for the Pics but do any other release got at least got spot gloss on the figurine and the title ?????:cautious::cautious:

I believe they are all matte.

OK, have got the required info from virkia as post below, thank you all, very useful :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:;)

As far as I can make out:
- All steelbook editions are Matte or more probably Zero finish which will give a sheen to the artwork
- No Spot Gloss on any edition
- No embossed artwork and title on the German steelbook only
- Embossed artwork and title on ALL steelbooks bearing English language titles (U.K., Italy etc.)..

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Blu Pick Series
001 KILLER KLOWNS = GBP 17.49 + GBP 3.49 P&P + GBP 4.20 TAX making a grand total of GBP 25.18.
002 MUMMY TRILOGY = GBP 49 + GBP ? P&P + GBP ? TAX making a grand total of GBP ?
Maybe EB will be kind enough to fill in the gaps.

Blu Pick Series
001 KILLER KLOWNS = GBP 17.49 + GBP 3.49 P&P + GBP 4.20 TAX making a grand total of GBP 25.18.
002 MUMMY TRILOGY = GBP 49 + GBP ? P&P + GBP ? TAX making a grand total of GBP ?
Maybe EB will be kind enough to fill in the gaps.
Hello,

£49 includes taxes, there is no gap. Postage for UK will be the same for Shaun of The Dead maybe a little more for the use of Royal Mail but very similar.

Thanks
EverythingBlu