The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
If buying for the films (under 30 quid) . . . If buying for the steelbook (also under 30 quid) . . . if space on shelves and deeper pockets (under 60 quid)
178867_large.jpg
upload_2017-5-23_20-28-25.png
upload_2017-5-23_20-31-28.png
upload_2017-5-23_20-33-5.png

"You pays yer money and you takes yer choice"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for pre-orders starting on Monday 30th May: EBlu will have to either reveal the release date within the next three days or cancel the pre-order date until they are in a position to confirm the release date.
EBlu Facebook
Quote "Artwork Approved! - Pre-orders 30th May 8pm GMT - Release Date TBA (Will be confirmed
BEFORE Pre-orders take place)."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this is as nice as or nicer than the SHAUN OF THE DEAD Blubox then I can't see anyone being disappointed.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: robbodoc
A real tricky call.

Do I back a company currently under the microscope, or step back and monitor to see how things go?

I love limited releases and picking up sought after steels, but will there be unending delays again and what about the worries over the stability of a two man operation?

I think I'll monitor the Shaun of the Dead thread up until the last moment before making a call of judgement.

A real tricky call.

Do I back a company currently under the microscope, or step back and monitor to see how things go?

I love limited releases and picking up sought after steels, but will there be unending delays again and what about the worries over the stability of a two man operation?

I think I'll monitor the Shaun of the Dead thread up until the last moment before making a call of judgement.

Doesn't matter if I get the product now, or two months later. Their credibility and reputation has been tarnished with unacceptable cost cutting changes and endless delays. So for me, definitely NO. If EB shipped SOD a few days after release date (give them a few days) I would had considered it but no immediate purchase. But they had their chances. I will monitor close to release date. Absolutely no benefit in locking my money for another six months again. No guarantees this will be shipped on released date or more cost cutting measures again. Risk it would sell out? Doubt it on pre-order date. Plenty of time to assess the credibility of EB before committing to another purchase.

I will possibly pass on this as well. Not exactly ONLY because what is happening around the SOTD release, but all this fuzz definitely contribute to my decision. Because I did start to think about it more thoroughly and I was asking myself "Do I really need these Mummy movies for such a price?" I saw only first part, which was great adventure film yes, but second and third is actually blind buy for me and as I am aware, I really don´t expect something BIG from these sequels. So instead of pay ~70 Euro I will probably end up with either one trilogy steelbook (IT or UK) or with three separate steels (IT) for like ~40 Euro. OK that faux leather "book of the dead" could be really nice, but still not sure if it´s worth of 30 Euro more, besides those single or trilogy steels are very nciely done as well.

I will possibly pass on this as well. Not exactly ONLY because what is happening around the SOTD release, but all this fuzz definitely contribute to my decision. Because I did start to think about it more thoroughly and I was asking myself "Do I really need these Mummy movies for such a price?" I saw only first part, which was great adventure film yes, but second and third is actually blind buy for me and as I am aware, I really don´t expect something BIG from these sequels. So instead of pay ~70 Euro I will probably end up with either one trilogy steelbook (IT or UK) or with three separate steels (IT) for like ~40 Euro. OK that faux leather "book of the dead" could be really nice, but still not sure if it´s worth of 30 Euro more, besides those single or trilogy steels are very nciely done as well.
Stop injecting reason into this.:p

What if EverythingBlu is so preoccupied with getting the SOTD orders shipped that they forget to start the Mummy pre-order? Chuckle, chuckle, chuckle.:joy:

Please refer to what EBlu wrote the other day on Facebook:-
Quote "Artwork Approved! - Pre-orders 30th May 8pm GMT - Release Date TBA (Will be confirmed BEFORE Pre-orders take place).
In other words the MUMMY TRILOGY should NOT GO LIVE until EBlu confirms its release date . . . a sensible move indeed to avoid a SotD style kerfuffle.

Don't know what happened to that release but I'd guess that EBlu totally underestimated the demand for their product and were not really anywhere near ready to deal with the packing, matters related and dispatch of possibly up to 2,000 well-packaged units.

Great shame really . . . but teething problems maybe not unexpected from this cottage business on their first major release.
Also would be a shame if they cease to contribute to these threads for their products with their unfailingly helpful updates regarding everything from the finish of the slips and Blubox to postal charges, images and everything in between.

Last edited:
A real tricky call.

PLAIN ARCHIVE was a two man operation up until a year ago.
Perspective.

if the steels come sealed it means they are going to open, remove jcard, reseal i think so I am not sure what i prefer if that is the case

Very unlikely IMO that the steels will be individually sealed particularly as the outer box will be over its J-card displaying the legally required info such as the BBFC stamps etc. as well as details of all three films . . . this is considered sufficient by the retailer.
I don't imagine the steelbooks will be sealed individually unless they have individual J-cards which is something I don't believe they have . . . unfortunately.

Never mind sealed in plastic wrap. If each of the Mummy steelbooks doesn't come wrapped in mummy bandages
I'll be very disappointed.
That's actually a cool idea; i might have done it if i was releasing the mummy steelbooks. :D

A real tricky call.

And how about a bit of future proofing? There is a trilogy steelbook and 4K discs out in the market.
But if you dont care about 4K, then i believe everyone deserves a second (official) chance, so go for it.

AS EBlu have secured only a fraction of a standard 4,000 + 4,000 + 4,000 print run of MUMMY steelbooks in total - or 680 of each title - for their magnificent-looking Bluboxes then there COULD still be over 3,000 of each title floating around to be sold individually by another retailer (Zavvi, most likely) when their rights run out OR the print run is being shared with Italy and other countries (excluding Germany) ?
Personally speaking hoping the balance (if there is a balance) will end up with Zavvi to be sold individually sealed with individual J-cards.

Regarding the new SHAUN steelbook: EBlu have apparently secured 3,500 of those (500 for their Bluboxes + 1,500 for the Fullslip + 1,500 for the Lenticular Slip) so whoever has the rights to the remaining 500 (maybe even EBlu themselves?) then speaking for myself hoping that the remainder will be made available to purchase . . . again, like THE MUMMY steels . . . from Zavvi (?) . . . sealed with U.K. J-cards . . . at some point in the not too distant future.

Last edited: