The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
As with most artwork these steelbooks will probably look better from a distance and won't bear close scrutiny although with a matte/satin/zero finish detail should not be lost which would be the case with a full blown gloss varnish.coating.

If the standalones are an EBlu exclusive and can only be bought in the slipbox, fingers crossed the other upcoming "Mummy" release - the equally smart trilogy steelbook - will be available tradewide in the U.K. . . . at a sensible price of say GBP 29.99.

Personally speaking hoping that the steelbooks themselves are not an EBlu exclusive and that it's just the slipbox package ...

Also hoping that the individual steels will be available tradewide along with the Trilogy steel . . . as in France for example.

If however the steelbooks themselves are an EBlu exclusive again hopefully they will make them available without the slipbox . . . same applies to the SHAUN OF THE DEAD portrait steel.

Regarding the films: perfect old school matinee entertainment although caution advised if watching with young 'uns - one of mine was terrified by those scarab beetles (the first one is a "15" after all).

Last edited:
If we were to include everything you have listed we would easily be looking at £70+ which does not make sense to what is on the market for sale at the exact same time. What we are giving these releases is a much more exclusive, collectible option. Which, in such a saturated market is what we all really crave for in a collectible hobby.

We completely understand what you are saying but it always has to be balanced out against the movie(s) themselves. As you can see, almost everyone has something to say about movie 3 lol so any money spent there is essentially not neccasssry. We hope that all makes sense :).

Don't listen to the nay-sayers, I for one much prefer for this product to have a lower price than having booklets, character cards or whatever useless things often included in Asian collector editions (I'm OK with booklets but the rest is just fluff usually). As long as the slipbox is a high quality one, that makes it a premium product, even if postcards aren't thrown in there for some reason (does anyone really ever look at those?).

Glad to learn that the price will be reasonable, looking forward to this! :thumbs:

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dudz ph
I'm down.
Splitting the difference between "full premium" and "standard" is an interesting one.
I admit that I have no love for art cards and similar bric-a-brac...
Keeping the price down on a library title (while having a nice presentation) is not a bad idea.
If the Book of the Dead slip is awesome, that will be worth the price of admission. (And I think the matte steels look great).

Reactions: EverythingBlu
Yeah, I was using £15 per steel as a guide to a rough guess, £45 steel's + box £15+ (conservative guess)...
Bearing in mind that these movies are old now, I think no more than £40 shipped (UK) is my limit on this. Even then, it's a tough call ....

I was actually thinking (and I think the price for 3 together should be cheaper than 3 separately like one clicks sometimes are etc etc) £10 each per steel, £10 for the case and shipping so in the UK this shouldn't cost no more than £46ish

Plus with the absence of individual slips and extra goodies then I think I'm being reasonable. Maybe too reasonable (and I'm cool with no extra slips but maybe a small booklet or some art cards but it's no biggie in honesty)

Said before but the steels are very nice but not new films and catalogue titles should cost less anyway (I think that for any country releasing catalogue titles)

I also was hoping the gold would be spot glossed. Would work much better. But at least the embossing looks great (reminds me of gladiator and inglorious basterds)

Are the Italian versions the same finish? All matte or will they have spot glossing?

Reactions: EverythingBlu
48 +/- 5 is my expectation before shipping.

12 each for the steel and 12 for the slip/goodies, but it really depends on how cheap they can get the steels. They are exclusive to UK so that means they might have had to pay a bitmore

Yes I understand your point and maybe it's the 3rd movie's fault :hilarious: ..but essentially I collect premium editions, so it comes as a shock to;

1) learn that each Steel does not have it's own Fullslip
2) Learning that No Bonus Item will be included

So to me now it becomes like just buying Steelbooks. I was so excited when I learned about this Release, but now disappointed.
there's a difference between exclusive and standard.. as @EverythingBlu had said and clearly stated above this is EverythingBlu Pick #002, this is not their EverythingBlu Exclusive.. so obviously there's a reason to their aprroach on this..

there's a difference between exclusive and standard.. as @EverythingBlu had said and clearly stated above this is EverythingBlu Pick #002, this is not their EverythingBlu Exclusive.. so obviously there's a reason to their aprroach on this..

But my Impression was that it was the equivalent to ''Nova Choice'' for Nova / ''Kimchi Collection'' for Kimchi / ''HDzeta Silver Label'' for HDzeta / ''OAB'' for Blufans, which all use the similar approach to their exclusives but using the WWA Steel instead and a lower print run.

So I Assumed that the ''EverythingBlu Pick'' line was their equivalent to the ones mentioned above.

• Thanks
Reactions: dudz ph
But my Impression was that it was the equivalent to ''Nova Choice'' for Nova / ''Kimchi Collection'' for Kimchi / ''HDzeta Silver Label'' for HDzeta / ''OAB'' for Blufans, which all use the similar approach to their exclusives but using the WWA Steel instead and a lower print run.

So I Assumed that the ''EverythingBlu Pick'' line was their equivalent to the ones mentioned above.
i get your point.. i just think because they want a treatment for a trilogy film that is quite old and not generally loved/liked, i think this release is more for the fans and nostalgia than anything else..

Last edited:
As with most artwork these steelbooks will probably look better from a distance and won't bear close scrutiny although with a matte/satin/zero finish detail should not be lost which would be the case with a full blown gloss varnish.coating.

If the standalones are an EBlu exclusive and can only be bought in the slipbox, fingers crossed the other upcoming "Mummy" release - the equally smart trilogy steelbook - will be available tradewide in the U.K. . . . at a sensible price of say GBP 29.99.

Personally speaking hoping that the steelbooks themselves are not an EBlu exclusive and that it's just the slipbox package ...

Also hoping that the individual steels will be available tradewide along with the Trilogy steel . . . as in France for example.

If however the steelbooks themselves are an EBlu exclusive again hopefully they will make them available without the slipbox . . . same applies to the SHAUN OF THE DEAD portrait steel.

Regarding the films: perfect old school matinee entertainment although caution advised if watching with young 'uns - one of mine was terrified by those scarab beetles (the first one is a "15" after all).
Hello,

The single SteelBooks are exclusive to EverythingBlu in the U.K. Market only. We are not interested in taking SteelBooks that are available at many other retailers (worldwide or U.K.) and selling them as they are. We will always look to sell exclusive items whether that be fully exclusive or adding items such as slipcase to make a release such as this, more collectible.

Thanks.
EverythingBlu

Reactions: C.C. 95
I was actually thinking (and I think the price for 3 together should be cheaper than 3 separately like one clicks sometimes are etc etc) £10 each per steel, £10 for the case and shipping so in the UK this shouldn't cost no more than £46ish

Plus with the absence of individual slips and extra goodies then I think I'm being reasonable. Maybe too reasonable (and I'm cool with no extra slips but maybe a small booklet or some art cards but it's no biggie in honesty)

Said before but the steels are very nice but not new films and catalogue titles should cost less anyway (I think that for any country releasing catalogue titles)

I also was hoping the gold would be spot glossed. Would work much better. But at least the embossing looks great (reminds me of gladiator and inglorious basterds)

Are the Italian versions the same finish? All matte or will they have spot glossing?
Hello,

Yes, these will be the same as the Italian release.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu

• Helpful Post
Reactions: C.C. 95

Hello,

Yes this line is based on WWA steels but this does not mean we will always follow the crowds. The lines from retailers you listed would very likely be higher than the price point we are aiming for. Like we said, we could not bring this to market at say £70, it simply would not sell. We saw this release like this. If we do not release a really cool faux leather slip, numbered & limited to only 680 copies, you simply have another couple (or three lol) single SteelBooks, something that comes up every week OR you turn these films, which for a lot of people are a nostalgia peice, into something that is well worth spending a little extra and having something different from the other worldwide releases.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu

Yes I understand your point and maybe it's the 3rd movie's fault :hilarious: ..but essentially I collect premium editions, so it comes as a shock to;

1) learn that each Steel does not have it's own Fullslip
2) Learning that No Bonus Item will be included

So to me now it becomes like just buying Steelbooks. I was so excited when I learned about this Release, but now disappointed.

I completely agree with you here. When I'm buying a premium edition I'm always looking for one that comes with most goodies ("useful" ones :) ) my last option is the bare steelbook.

I'm sad to see this won't have much extras but I was about to order just the steelbooks and then saw this. It is definitely a step up and I hope we will not be disappointed :)

Hello,

The single SteelBooks are exclusive to EverythingBlu in the U.K. Market only. We are not interested in taking SteelBooks that are available at many other retailers (worldwide or U.K.) and selling them as they are. We will always look to sell exclusive items whether that be fully exclusive or adding items such as slipcase to make a release such as this, more collectible.

Thanks.
EverythingBlu
Thanking you for the information . . . undeniably bad news for me then if the only way to buy a new U.K. steelbook is as part of a semi-premium package :(
Hoping that the single steelbook trilogy will be available tradewide here in the U.K. - or even as an HMV or Zavvi exclusive - and that your exclusive rights to the standalones will be time limited so that I can pick up all 4 items for the collection at some point in the not too distant future.

Last edited: