The Mummy Trilogy (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #002) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 25, 2017
Purchase link: EverythingBlu (Pre-order May 30 at 8 PM GMT)
Price: £48.99
Notes: Single steelbooks sold as a trilogy in a faux leather slipcase to hold all 3, design based on the “Book Of The Dead". Limited to only 680 units

mum2.jpg

17498802_674411886099723_2496518247385805868_n.jpg 17499530_674411979433047_8843312424843677142_n.jpg 17498752_674412032766375_105154066373638677_n.jpg
Announcement! Blu Pick Series 002: The Mummy Trilogy (not to be confused with the trilogy steelbook. This is for the single steelbooks sold as a trilogy)

EverythingBlu will be releasing The Mummy Trilogy (single SteelBooks) as our second release in the Blu Pick Series. Check out the details below:

• Limited to only 680 units worldwide
• Faux Leather Slipcase to hold all 3 SteelBooks, design based on the “Book Of The Dead”
• Embossing
• De-bossing
• Gold Foiling
• Gold foiled Numbering (Directly applied onto slipcase)
• Felt interior with 2x dividers - to stop the SteelBooks making contact with one another and causing damage

Price, Pre-order & Release details along with the artwork of the Faux Leather Slipcase will be revealed very soon.

Let us know what you think & thank you to everyone supporting EverythingBlu!
upload_2017-5-15_13-0-53-png.312282

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanking you for the information . . . undeniably bad news for me then if the only way to buy a new U.K. steelbook is as part of a semi-premium package :(
Hoping that the single steelbook trilogy will be available tradewide here in the U.K. - or even as an HMV or Zavvi exclusive - and that your exclusive rights to the standalones will be time limited so that I can pick up all 4 items for the collection at some point in the not too distant future.
See here Virkia if you just want the steelbook.:)

Reactions: virkia
Well.. I will not buy the terrible third film and I'm not enamoured with the idea of buying the second film.

The only way I'd buy this is if the steelbooks were individually sealed with their own J-cads and I could discard the stuff I don't want. Any chance you can do that?

This isn't a good sign. Without everythingblu entering the market, Zavvi would have had these releases and we could have picked the titles we wanted (like Jurassic Park and Die Hard Series). If this trend continues I'll have to withdraw support for everythingblu.

I currently dislike Zavvi as much as the next guy but at least they've never forced anyone to buy an entire film series, crappy titles and all!

Well.. I will not buy the terrible third film and I'm not enamoured with the idea of buying the second film.

The only way I'd buy this is if the steelbooks were individually sealed with their own J-cads and I could discard the stuff I don't want. Any chance you can do that?

This isn't a good sign. Without everythingblu entering the market, Zavvi would have had these releases and we could have picked the titles we wanted (like Jurassic Park and Die Hard Series). If this trend continues I'll have to withdraw support for everythingblu.

I currently dislike Zavvi as much as the next guy but at least they've never forced anyone to buy an entire film series, crappy titles and all!
Hello,

As far as we are aware we did not take the rights off of any retailer, if we hadn't have have gotten the singles they were likely not be in the UK market at all. We are not forcing anybody to purchase the set, the single steels are available on the market elsewhere and at a lower price shipped than our set will cost due the slipcase. It's for this reason we are selling them as the a completed set because you have multiple options elsewhere to purchase and again, at a lower price.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu

Last edited:
Hello,

As far as we are aware we did not take the rights off of any retailer, if we hadn't have have gotten the singles they were likely not be in the UK market at all as the print run was extended. We are not forcing anybody to purchase the set, the single steels are available on the market elsewhere and at a lower price shipped than our set will cost due the slipcase. It's for this reason we are selling them as the a completed set because you have multiple options elsewhere to purchase and again, at a lower price.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu
Hi,when the pre-order?

• Thanks
Reactions: EverythingBlu
As the print run for these three embossed steelbooks is only being shared with Italy and Czechoslovakia (Film Arena) as far as I'm aware and, don't quote me, the French and German steelbooks will be flat with no embossing of any kind and with native language titles . . . I'm left wondering how many tens of thousands of each will be produced of these dead popular titles.

With a reported 700 or so of each steelbook allocated to EBlu in the U.K. for their trilogy slipbox packages . . . I haven't given up hope that other U.K. retailers will get a similar number of each steelbook when EBlu's exclusivity runs out and that they will be offered for sale individually for the handful (LOL) of buyers of U.K. steelbooks who possibly only wish to buy the first one or whatever or for those like myself who'll do a "Back to the Future" on their ass and buy the three standalones plus the all-in-one trilogy (all with individual U.K. J-cards of course).

. . . and, yes, I don't take kindly to the fact that these new to the U.K. steelbooks are only being made available in a semi premium package probably costing 60 quid or more including P&P instead of being offered as standalones by non-boutique retailers . . .
Ideally this would be a print run shared between HMV / Zavvi and Amazon with EBlu receiving their allocation for them to do what they want with it.

Any comparison with BluPick #1 KILLER KLOWNS - as an existing steelbook release re-package - is moot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See here Virkia if you just want the steelbook.:)
Brilliant! Well spotted! You the man! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
As the print run for these three embossed steelbooks is only being shared with Italy and Czechoslovakia (Film Arena) as far as I'm aware and, don't quote me, the French and German steelbooks will be flat with no embossing of any kind and with native language titles . . . I'm left wondering how many tens of thousands of each will be produced of these dead popular titles.

With a reported 700 or so of each steelbook allocated to EBlu in the U.K. for their trilogy slipbox packages . . . I haven't given up hope that other U.K. retailers will get a similar number of each steelbook when EBlu's exclusivity runs out and that they will be offered for sale individually for the handful (LOL) of buyers of U.K. steelbooks who possibly only wish to buy the first one or whatever or for those like myself who'll do a "Back to the Future" on their ass and buy the three standalones plus the all-in-one trilogy (all with individual U.K. J-cards of course).

. . . and, yes, I don't take kindly to the fact that these new to the U.K. steelbooks are only being made available in a semi premium package probably costing 60 quid or more including P&P instead of being offered as standalones by non-boutique retailers . . .
Ideally this would be a print run shared between HMV / Zavvi and Amazon with EBlu receiving their allocation for them to do what they want with it.

Any comparison with BluPick #1 KILLER KLOWNS - as an existing steelbook release re-package - is moot.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could always get the Trilogy steelbook which is listed on Zavvi.

You could always get the Trilogy steelbook which is listed on Zavvi.
Indeed, as we have sa

hello,

As we said you have the option to buy the same steelbooks from another country for less than this box costs, so the need for this to be sold in the UK is not needed. Which is why we are selling the trilogy as a trilogy.

Thanks
EverythingBlu

Also, we would like to point out your price guess of £60+ is nowhere near what we are looking at selling these at (too high).

Thanks
EverythingBlu

Hello,

As far as we are aware we did not take the rights off of any retailer, if we hadn't have have gotten the singles they were likely not be in the UK market at all. We are not forcing anybody to purchase the set, the single steels are available on the market elsewhere and at a lower price shipped than our set will cost due the slipcase. It's for this reason we are selling them as the a completed set because you have multiple options elsewhere to purchase and again, at a lower price.

Thanks,
EverythingBlu
you are right, with so many options we can chose whats better for each one of us, we collect for different reasons, i'm waiting to see the box/slip and based on that i'll see if i want do this or get the individual ones at lower price,,,,,i'm with you bud!